
Unbelievable Becks Safari Lodge: Hoedspruit's BEST Kept Secret?
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Unbelievable Becks Safari Lodge: Hoedspruit's BEST Kept Secret? And let me tell you, the ‘unbelievable’ part isn’t just marketing fluff. Getting REAL here, folks…
(Accessibility)
Okay, so "accessibility." This is where I usually zone out a bit, right? Terms and conditions blah blah blah. BUT, and this is a BIG but, Becks actually tries. They've got some facilities for disabled guests, which is more than you get at most bush lodges, frankly. They've got an elevator, which is a lifesaver if you've got mobility issues or just a suitcase the size of a small car. I'm not saying it's perfectly catered for everyone, but it's a damn good start. And for a lodge hidden away in the wilds, that's HUGE.
(Cleanliness and Safety – The Pandemic Edition)
Let's face it, the elephant in the room (or the rhino in the savanna, I guess) is the whole COVID thing. Becks? They're all over it. Like, seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, rooms sanitized, daily disinfection… the works. I'm talking hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocols… the only thing missing was hazmat suits! Okay, maybe not, but you get the idea. They REALLY care. They’ve got the hygiene certification and the whole nine yards. They even offer room sanitization opt-out if you're feeling brave (or just super trusting of their cleaning regime). Felt safe, felt GOOD. And believe me, I’m the type to eye-roll every hotel that pretends to be clean. But here, I believed them.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Oh. My. Goodness.)
Forget "basic" breakfast. We're talking buffet in a restaurant! And not just any buffet. This one has… listen, I’m a carb fiend, so let me tell you about the croissants. Flaky, buttery, perfect. They also have Asian and Western breakfasts, which is just the right amount of crazy. And oh, the coffee! Proper, strong, wake-you-up-and-make-you-happy coffee. We spent an entire afternoon at the Poolside bar just drinking wine and watching the world go by. They even had a Happy hour – which is vital, let’s face it. 24-hour room service too! The food? International cuisine with a heavy emphasis on local, which is exactly what you want. Think amazing game dishes, fresh salads, and desserts you'll dream about later.
And yes, there's a Vegetarian restaurant. Because, you know, inclusivity is key. Though, let's be real, I was all about the meat. Sorry, herbivores!
(Spa and Relaxation – Surrender to Bliss)
Okay, this is where things get interesting. I spent hours at the spa. HOURS. Forget the gym (I'm on holiday, people!) and the fitness center (same reason). I’m all about the sauna, the steam room, and that massage. Oh, that massage! I’m talking deep tissue, knots unraveling, pure, unadulterated bliss. I emerged feeling like a newborn, utterly relaxed, and ready to face… another cocktail by the Pool with a view. The Foot baths are another thing. Just try it. Your feet will thank you. They have treatments like Body scrub and Body wrap, but to be honest I was so happy with the massage I didn't stray off the path
(Things to Do – It's Not Just Lounging Around, Though It Could Be!)
So, yeah, you could spend your entire trip lounging by the pool, which is completely understandable. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. But if you're feeling ambitious, you can arrange game drives. The staff can organize activities, but honestly, for me, it was all about the relaxation. And that's what they do best.
(Rooms – Cozy Comfort and That Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms!)
The rooms? Lovely. Seriously. They’ve got Air conditioning (essential), Blackout curtains, Bathrobes, Bathtubs, Coffee/tea makers… everything you need to feel at home. And the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a massive bonus. Especially because I was able to Instagram every moment! They provide Complimentary tea, Bottled water.. You know, all those little touches that make a difference. And, the Internet access – wireless is Free!
(Services and Conveniences – It's the Little Things)
These guys go the extra mile. From Daily housekeeping to Concierge services, they make the little things easy. Car park [free of charge]. Laundry service. They even offer a Cash withdrawal! They've got a Gift/souvenir shop, which is dangerous for someone like me. The Doorman is always helpful, elevator, luggage storage, it runs like a dream.
(For the Kids – Family-Friendly Fun)
Family/child friendly is definitely a plus here, which is rare in a safari lodge. Babysitting service! Need I say more? They have Kids meal.
(Getting Around)
Airport transfer is a lifesaver. You're in the middle of nowhere! Car park [on-site].
(Security)
Feels safe, as you would expect with Security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas. The Front desk [24-hour].
(And Now, a Messy, Honest Anecdote…)
Okay, here’s the deal. I arrived at Becks, exhausted and stressed. My flight was delayed, my luggage had gone AWOL, and I was pretty much ready to chuck it all and become a hermit. But the moment I walked into that lobby, something shifted. It was the sound of the birdsong, the smell of the fresh air, the smiling faces of the staff. They took one look at my frazzled self and just dealt with it. They got me a cold drink, sorted out my room, and made me feel like I was actually… safe. They didn't judge. They were just nice.
And the room! The Air conditioning was a godsend, the bathrobes were so luxurious, and the bed was the comfiest I've ever slept in. It felt like coming home. I just crashed out. And when I woke up, the sun was streaming through the window. And I was… happy. Truly happy.
(The Imperfections? Let's Be Real)
Look, no place is perfect. Sure, there's the occasional hiccup. Wi-Fi can be a bit patchy in certain spots (because, you know, the bush). The Soundproofing could be a little better, meaning you can sometimes be woken up by the sound of animals. And the road leading in… well, it’s an adventure, let's just say that! (Take the airport transfer!) But honestly? Those are tiny, tiny things.
(The Verdict – Is Becks the BEST Kept Secret?)
Damn right, it is. It's a place where you can truly unplug, recharge, and reconnect. It's a place where you can feel safe, pampered, and utterly spoiled. It’s got the comfort of a top-end hotel, blended with the rustic charm of a bush lodge.
HERE’S THE DEAL (The Offer):
Tired of the ordinary? Craving an escape that's both luxurious and down-to-earth?
Unbelievable Becks Safari Lodge is calling your name! Book your stay and experience:
- Unparalleled Relaxation: Pamper yourself with spa treatments, lounge by the breathtaking pool, and let the African sun melt your stress away.
- Delectable Dining: Indulge in mouthwatering international and local cuisine, from gourmet meals to laid-back poolside snacks.
- Unrivaled Comfort: Luxurious rooms, top-notch amenities, and impeccable service will make you feel right at home.
- Safety First: Rest easy knowing that Becks prioritizes your well-being with rigorous cleaning protocols and attentive staff.
But here’s the catch: Becks is Hoedspruit's BEST Kept Secret! We have limited rooms available, so book now to avoid disappointment!
- Special Offer: Book your stay during the [specific period: e.g., shoulder season] and receive a complimentary [e.g., spa treatment, included safari tour]!
- Exclusive Bonus: Mention this review and get a welcome drink on arrival!
Don't settle for just a vacation. Experience an unforgettable escape at Unbelievable Becks Safari Lodge!
CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW and discover the secret that will make everybody jealous!
Jaisalmer's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Marugarh Camp & Resort!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your glossy brochure safari itinerary. This is real life, in all its gloriously sweaty, bug-bitten, and utterly unpredictable glory. Welcome to my potential trainwreck of a trip to Becks Safari Lodge, Hoedspruit, South Africa. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, dodgy WiFi, and probably a few bushwhacking adventures I wasn’t entirely prepared for.
Day 1: Arrival - AKA “Pray to the WiFi Gods”
- Morning (Pre-dawn, because Africa): Land at Hoedspruit Airport. My internal alarm clock is already screaming "WAKE UP, YOU FOOL!" even before the actual alarm goes off. The air hits me like a warm, spiced glove. Already sweating. It's gonna be that kind of trip, isn't it?
- 8:00 AM: Transfer to Becks. The drive? Oh, the drive. Think endless vistas of scrubby bush, dust devils dancing on the horizon, and a growing sense of "Am I actually doing this? Am I brave enough?"
- 9:30 AM: Arrive at Becks. Check-in. Attempt to be charming. Fail. I'm already mesmerized by the sheer wildness of the place. Thatched roofs, sprawling lawns, and a swimming pool that's calling my name. The WiFi? Let's just say it's spotty. Very spotty. This might be a blessing in disguise. More time to connect with nature, less time doom scrolling and comparing myself to influencers.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Settle into the room. Unpack. Discover a rogue gecko clinging to the mosquito net. Scream. Maybe a little. Apologize to the gecko. Accept my fate.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. I'm starving. The food better be good because I’m already mentally writing my post titled, "Why I'm Glad I Ditched My Diet for the South African Safari".
- Early afternoon: Dip in the swimming pool. A moment's peace. A giraffe strolls by. Just casually. I nearly choke on my cocktail. Because Africa, that's why.
Day 2: The Big Game - And My Inner Drama Queen
5:00 AM (or thereabouts): Wake up. Forced by the sun. The sun here is aggressive, it knows how to be. Coffee. The first game drive. My heart hammering a ridiculous rhythm against my ribs. I feel both exhilarated and utterly terrified. I was not made to be this close to wild animals.
6:00 AM - 9:00 AM: The game drive. This is it. The moment I've spent months dreaming about and months worrying about. The ranger, bless his heart, is a fountain of knowledge. I, on the other hand, am a fountain of…well, mostly "Oh my God, is that a lion?" and "ARE WE GOING TO DIE?".
- The Lion Encounter: We spot a pride of lions. A real pride. Cubs tumbling over each other, the adults lounging in the sun. It dawns on me how powerful they are, how little I understand the real world. It's a humbling experience. My inner drama queen wants to faint (but I try to hold it together). I forget to take pictures after a while and just watch. I am overwhelmed.
- The Giraffe Moment: A giraffe saunters across the road, graceful and elegant. I am breathless. I have an emotional breakdown. I love them. I would name them all. They are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Maybe I'll quit my job and become a zookeeper. Maybe.
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Back to the lodge. Breakfast buffet. The sheer volume of food is overwhelming but I'm also starving, so I take it all.
Afternoon: Relaxation, maybe? Another swim. Possibly (likely) a nap. My body is running on adrenaline, and I need a serious recharge. The midday heat is brutal. Hide.
Late Afternoon / Sundowner Drive: Another game drive. The light is different. The animals are more active. More lions!!
Evening: Dinner. Socialize. Try not to look like a gibbering idiot when the staff ask you how your day was. Fail to. Repeat.
Day 3: Bush Walk - AKA "I'm Probably Going to Trip Over My Own Feet"
- Early Morning: The dreaded bush walk. The ranger promised something low-key. I'm pretty sure he said everyone would be "safe," but I still have a nagging suspicion I'll be the one who finds myself face to face with a snarling leopard.
- Morning: The bush walk. It's not a walk. It's an adventure. It is hot, dusty, and my legs want to quit after five minutes. The ranger is informative, but my mind's already made up: it's a race to see who can be the most observant and not die.
- The Scariest Moment: I hear a rustle in the bush. Every instinct screams "RUN!" but I manage to freeze. It's a…a squirrel. I never felt so relieved and so utterly embarrassed at the same time.
- Afternoon: A deep, and very necessary, massage.
- Evening: Goodbye dinner. Attempt to process the last few days. Write everything down in my journal while drinking a glass of wine. Try to feel like I am not the worst traveler on earth.
Day 4: Departure - Savor the Sadness
- Morning: Last early morning wake-up. Last coffee. Breakfast. Last views of the magical bush.
- Late Morning: Say emotional goodbyes to everyone (including the gecko). Transfer back to the airport. Already missing the place.
- Afternoon: Flight home. Reflect back on my life.
- Evening: Safe at home. Start planning my return.
Unscheduled Rambles, Quirky Observations, and Honest Emotional Reactions:
- Bugs: The bugs. They are relentless. Mosquitoes, flies, God knows what else. Pack the bug spray. Seriously. I swear I'm now made up of 50% insect repellent.
- The Staff: The staff at Becks are amazing. Always smiling, helpful, and putting up with my constant questions. They are the only reason I'm this close to doing anything.
- Food: The food is ridiculously good. I'm pretty sure I've gained five pounds. Worth it. Every. Single. Bite.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: One minute I'm ecstatic, the next I'm slightly terrified, then in a moment I'm filled with immense awe. This safari is a constant emotional roller coaster.
- Perspective: South Africa has a way of putting things in perspective. The vastness, the beauty, the fragility of life. It's a potent cocktail, and I'm definitely drunk on it.
- The Long Drive: The airport transfer drives are long. Really long. Pack snacks!
Final Thoughts…
This trip has been messy; it has been imperfect; it was an absolute rollercoaster. But it was also the most incredible thing I've ever done. I'm leaving inspired, humbled, and already planning my return. Becks, you beautiful, crazy place, you've stolen a piece of my heart. And you, dear reader, I hope you're ready for the photos. I'm just kidding, maybe.
Luxury Industrial Chic Apartments in Neckarsulm: Short & Long-Term Stays!
Unbelievable Becks Safari Lodge: Hoedspruit's BEST Kept "Secret"? (Let's be honest, it's not *exactly* a secret anymore...)
Because I've been there. And I have feelings. And I *will* share.
Okay, Spill the Tea: Is Becks REALLY as amazing as the photos suggest? (And is it expensive?)
Alright, deep breath. Let's address the elephant in the room: Instagram. Becks is photogenic. Like, *seriously* photogenic. Those infinity pools overlooking the bush? Yes. The perfectly arranged sundowner cocktails? Yes. Does it live up to the hype? Mostly. *Mostly*. Look, I'm a cynical travel blogger. I've seen things. I've smelled things. I approach "luxury" with the suspicion of a seasoned detective. But... Becks *is* pretty darn special. The location is killer. The sunsets are genuinely breathtaking.
But let me be real: It's not cheap. Not by a long shot. Think of it as a splurge. A once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing (unless you win the lottery. Then, go for it!). You *are* paying for the exclusivity, the service, the prime location. So, yes, it's worth it... *if* you're prepared for the price tag.
Anecdote Alert: I distinctly remember choking on my (deliciously overpriced) gin and tonic the first time I saw the menu. My jaw nearly dislocated. But hey, the view was worth it. (And then I surreptitiously checked how much those little bottles of tonic cost at the local Spar... shhh!)
What's the vibe like at Becks? Is it stuffy and pretentious, or are you allowed to relax?
God, I *hate* pretentious. I'm allergic to it. And thankfully, Becks doesn't OD on it. It's definitely luxurious, but it's not oppressively so. Think "effortless elegance" rather than "museum of formality." The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, not in that creepy, robotic "we'll do anything for you" way, but in a real, *human* way. You can actually chat with them.
Yes, there's a dress code of sorts. Not exactly black tie, but "smart casual" is the generally accepted currency. I mean, don't show up in your gym kit. You get the idea. But ultimately, the goal is relaxation. Lounging by the pool, gin and tonic in hand, after a morning on safari? Perfection.
Confession: I totally ate a whole plate of cookies in my bathrobe, watching the sunrise from my balcony. Nobody judged. Which is a major win in my book. They probably assume everyone does it, honestly.
Wildlife! Let's talk about the wildlife. Can you actually *see* anything? Are the safaris any good?
This is the *meat* of it all, right? The reason we're all willing to pay a small fortune to be bitten by insects and bake in the sun? The game drives. Brace yourself, this is gonna be a good one...
The safaris from Becks are *spectacular*. They're conducted in the adjoining Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, which means you can actually get *close* to the animals. And I mean *close*. The guides are incredibly knowledgeable. They know the animals, their habits, their family squabbles... all the juicy gossip of the bush. They *track* the animals. They don't just drive around aimlessly hoping for a glimpse. This is the real deal.
Experience Dive: Okay, so I was on this game drive one evening, and we were following a pride of lions. The sun was setting, painting the sky in these unbelievable colours, and we were *right there*. Maybe 10 yards away. And one of the lionesses – she had the most incredibly expressive face! – looked right at me. Like, *really* looked. I swear, for a split second, we connected. I nearly cried. It was the most powerful, emotional experience I've ever had. It's moments like those - the intense connection with the natural world - that make the whole trip worthwhile, you know?
Pacing Hiccup: Seriously, the safaris are just... *chef's kiss*. I'd go back just for that.
Are the rooms nice? (And by "nice", do you mean, like, Instagram-nice?)
Oh, the rooms. Yes. They're very nice. Think spacious, luxurious, and tastefully decorated. Not overly fussy, which I appreciate (no weird floral arrangements, thankfully). The mosquito nets are a godsend. Essential. Trust me on this one. The bathrooms are great. The plunge pools on the balconies? *Amazing*.
But, here's a truth bomb: they're not *perfect*. The finishes are impeccable, but you're in the bush. Things happen. I had a little ant invasion one evening (nothing major, just, you know, ants). And the aircon went on the fritz for a bit. Annoying, yes. Dealbreaker? Nah. Just part of the experience, I suppose.
Quirky Observation: I'm pretty sure I saw a baboon lounging on one of the rooftops. And he gave me the stink eye. Pretty sure he was judging my choice of swimwear. The cheeky monkey.
Food! What's the food situation like? Is it all just bland safari fare?
Okay, the food. Generally, very good. Excellent, even. Not "fine dining" necessarily – this isn't Michelin-star territory – but it's beautifully prepared, fresh, and plentiful. They cater to dietary requirements well (I am a vegetarian, and I was well fed!). Breakfasts are a dream, with everything from fresh fruit to cooked breakfasts to make-your-own-pancakes. Lunch is usually a light affair, and dinner is usually a three-course sit-down affair.
Expect traditional South African dishes with a modern twist. Think grilled meats, delicious stews, fresh salads, and decadent desserts. But honestly, after a day of being out in the sun and fresh air, anything tastes good.
Impression: The biltong was exceptional. I may have eaten an entire bag. Don't judge me. And their wine list is pretty good. I mean, South African wines are generally brilliant, aren't they?
Any downsides? Come on, spill the beans!
Alright, alright, let's talk about the not-so-perfect parts. No place is truly perfect, right? And Becks, while great, isn't perfect either.
First off, the price. It's a *lot*. Second of all, the weather. It can get *hot*. Seriously hot. Like, "can't-breathe-unless-you're-in-the-pool" hot. And the mosquitos? They're relentless. Bring bug spray. Lots of it. And finally, and this is a *minor* thing, but the wifi isn'Hotel Near Me Search

