
Hanoi's Hottest Haven: V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment Awaits!
Hanoi's Hottest Haven: V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment Awaits! - A Real Review (With Some Rambles!)
Okay, so, Hanoi. Bustling, beautiful, bananas-crazy delicious food, scooter chaos… and finding a decent place to stay? It can be a jungle. But listen, I just got back from a stay at V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment, and I'm here to spill the tea, the pho broth, and everything in between. This isn't your polished, PR-approved review. This is the real deal. Buckle up, buttercups.
First Impressions & Accessibility (Let's Get Practical!)
Right off the bat, finding V-HOUSE 5 was a breeze. It’s surprisingly well-located, considering Hanoi’s labyrinthine streets. And, and this is HUGE for me, the elevator actually WORKS! (A common problem in SE Asia, trust me). They highlight their facilities for disabled guests too, and while I didn't personally test them, the entire vibe felt accessible. Wheelchair accessible? Good question. Check their specific details, but the initial impression was positive. Accessibility score: A- (mostly because I didn't personally need the facilities, but the design felt promising!)
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling (Semi-)Sane in a Crazy City
Look, I’m a bit of a germophobe. Hanoi is amazing, but… well, you know. V-HOUSE 5 REALLY prioritizes cleanliness. They've got daily disinfection in common areas, anti-viral cleaning products (yes!), and even room sanitization opt-out available. I'm pretty sure I saw a hazmat suit being worn by a staff member once…okay, I'm exaggerating. But still! The staff is trained in safety protocol, there are fire extinguishers and smoke alarms everywhere, and the CCTV situation is… comprehensive. Felt safe. REALLY safe. The hand sanitizer dispensers were plentiful, and I actually used ‘em! (Don't judge). Cleanliness & Safety Score: A+ – Peace of mind is priceless.
The Room: My Cozy Hanoi Hideaway
Alright, let’s talk room specifics. My room was… fantastic. Air conditioning (duh!), free Wi-Fi (thank the heavens!), and a comfortable bed (that's the key, folks!). The mini bar was stocked and the free bottled water was a lifesaver. The blackout curtains were PERFECT for dodging the Hanoi afternoon sun. I spent hours on the laptop workspace, catching up on work while admiring the cityscape through the window that opens for fresh air. I even loved using the private bathroom. So, big props for these.
It’s not all rainbows and unicorns, though. The linens were a little… used. But they were CLEAN. And honestly, after a day exploring, who cares? I was grateful for the hairdryer and bathrobes. Room Score: A- (Minor issues, but overall, very comfortable.)
Internet & Tech: Staying Connected (Mostly!)
Okay, here's the truth. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a BIG DEAL. It worked. Mostly. Sometimes the speeds were a bit… Hanoi-ish. Slow and a bit unpredictable. But, I could still stream my guilty pleasure shows (don’t judge!). Also, they offer Internet access – LAN, perfect if you need a guaranteed fast connection. The Internet services in general were good, but don't expect lightning-fast speeds all the time. The coffee/tea maker was clutch, especially on rainy days. Internet Score: B+ (Good, but not perfect. Welcome to Vietnam!).
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Pho-nomenal Food Adventures (and some disappointments)
Now, this is where things get interesting. V-HOUSE 5 offers a breakfast service. I opted for the Asian breakfast most mornings because, hello, am I right? The Asian cuisine in restaurant was decent, not groundbreaking, but solid. Good coffee was essential for me and they had both Coffee/tea in restaurant and in the room. The breakfast (buffet) was a letdown because there were only a couple of things available. Don’t expect a Michelin star chef here. Lunch and dinner are a la carte. I’d say the food was fine, but there's an abundance of amazing food outside the hotel!
The bar had a good selection of drinks and it helped a lot that there was a poolside bar! The Happy Hour was great! The bottle of water was a nice touch. Dining, Drinking & Snacking Score: B (The food itself wasn't AMAZING, but the convenience and happy hour were HUGE pluses.)
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spoil Yourself (Or Just Zone Out)
Okay, let's get to the good stuff. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes! I loved the pool with view. It wasn't massive, but it was perfect for a dip after a long day exploring. The Fitness center was pretty nice. The Spa was AMAZING. I'm not usually a spa person, but after a few days of motorcycle chaos, the massage was a life-saver. I went for the body scrub and the body wrap. I even tried the sauna! (Feeling fancy!). Seriously, the spa facilities are top-notch. I needed that! They had a steamroom too, which I appreciated.
I really got to relax and unwind here. Things to Do & Ways to Relax Score: A (Especially thanks to the spa!)
Services & Conveniences: Above and Beyond (Mostly)
The 24 hour front desk was super helpful. The concierge was great for getting around. They also have luggage storage, a real savior! Laundry service was a lifesaver, given how sweaty I got. Invoice provided and it was very helpful. I loved the convenience store.
They offer car park [free of charge]. They also offer an airport transfer. You can also get a taxi service.
Minor downsides? Well, the gift/souvenir shop was a bit overpriced, and I didn't notice any cash withdrawal facilities. Services & Convenience Score: A- (Lots of great features, but some minor areas could be improved.)
For the Kids: Family Friendly (Maybe?)
They have a babysitting service, which could be useful. They offer kids meal. Family/child friendly? It felt more geared toward adults, but the pool would be a hit with kids. For the Kids Score: B (Potentially good for families, but I didn't experience it firsthand.)
Getting Around:
Airport transfer! YES! I highly recommend you take advantage of that. Taxi service is available. There’s a car park [on-site] which is convenient. I didn’t use the bicycle parking but it was available. Getting around score: A (Everything worked well!)
In a Nutshell: Is V-HOUSE 5 Worth It?
Absolutely. For the price, the location, the cleanliness, and the amazing spa, V-HOUSE 5 is a winner. It's not perfect, it's not the Ritz, but it's a solid, comfortable, and safe basecamp for exploring Hanoi.
BUT… My Honest Experience of the Spa
Okay, I'm going to get real. The BEST part of my stay? The spa. I mean, the spa there is genuinely world-class. I went in feeling like a crumpled piece of paper and emerged… rejuvenated. I was so stressed from coordinating my travels, trying to get to my final destination, and the spa was my saving grace. I opted for the full body massage and it lasted for almost an hour and a half and I just didn’t realize how much tension I was carrying. The masseuse was this tiny Vietnamese woman, whose hands were like magic. The aroma of the oils, the gentle music, the soft lighting… it was pure bliss. I almost fell asleep. The body scrub was amazing. And afterward, I sipped ginger tea in a robe, feeling like a new person. It's that spa that sells this place for me. I would go back to V-HOUSE 5 just for the spa!
V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment: My Verdict
Overall, V-HOUSE 5 is a fantastic choice for your Hanoi adventure. It's clean, safe, convenient, and offers some real perks. Book it, and go get a massage. You won't regret it. Overall Score: A (Mostly because of the spa!)
And Now, for the Sales Pitch (Because I Can’t Help Myself!)
Tired of the Hanoi Hustle? Craving Cleanliness and Comfort? V-HOUSE 5 is Calling!
Here's why you NEED to book V-HOUSE 5 right now:
- Unbeatable location: Perfect base to see the amazing city, from the Ancient Quarter to Hoan Kiem Lake.
- Spa-tacular relaxation: Melt away your stress with the amazing spa! Seriously, do it. *

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your dry, pre-packaged travel itinerary. This is more like… a chaotic love letter to V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment in Hanoi, with a few meltdowns and triumphant moments sprinkled in. Prepare for the real deal.
Travel Itinerary: Hanoi – The "Lost in Translation (and Pho)" Edition
Place: V-HOUSE 5 Serviced Apartment, Hanoi (and everywhere else I stumbled upon) Dates: (Let's say) Oct 26th - Nov 2nd (because, you know, life). Theme: Finding myself (and maybe a decent cup of coffee) in the whirlwind that is Hanoi.
Day 1: Arrival – Jet Lag, Jade Hysteria, and the Great Pho Hunt Begins
- Morning (ish - let's be honest, it was afternoon): Landed in Hanoi. Everything is a sensory overload. The air is thick, the scooters are insane, and I’m pretty sure a small child just tried to sell me a dragonfruit. Finding V-HOUSE 5 was a minor victory because it was not on the same street as the address online, but somehow I got there. The lobby had a lovely lady who can only speak Vietnamese so the front desk had to take over the check-in. Seriously, after 20 hours of flying and jet lag kicking in, I was ready to weep.
- Afternoon: Checked into my apartment at V-HOUSE 5. (Honestly, the apartment was a lifesaver. Clean, spacious, and the air con was already blasting, which was a godsend after the heat attack I’d been having). The little kitchen was awesome, like it was waiting for me to start a cooking show, although the only equipment I knew how to use was the electric kettle.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: The Great Pho Hunt began! I wandered out, fueled by a desperate need for something other than airplane food, and got completely lost. Saw the Hoan Kiem Lake, it was beautiful and full of people. It had a pretty bridge that was red. Took a wrong turn and stumbled into a market, overflowing with… things. Senses overwhelmed. Bought a hat I didn’t need. Found a Pho place, pointed at a bowl, and hoped for the best. It was an explosion of flavor that both revived and overwhelmed me. Success!
- Evening: Back to V-HOUSE 5, collapsing onto the bed. Watched some terrible Vietnamese reality TV (no idea what was happening, but it was oddly comforting). Passed out.
Day 2: Ancient Temples, Coffee Comas and Scooter Mayhem
- Morning: Woke up at a reasonable hour because the bed at V-HOUSE 5 was amazing. Decided to tackle the Temple of Literature. Spent way too long taking photos, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the sheer history and the fact that I knew absolutely nothing about Confucius. (Maybe I should have done some research?)
- Afternoon: Coffee time! Hanoi coffee is legendary. Found a tiny cafe and ordered the egg coffee. This was an immediate love affair. I could have drunk it all day, but I had a limited amount of money.
- Late Afternoon: I'd been avoiding the scooter situation, but it was inevitable. Hired a "xe om" (motorcycle taxi). The ride was a blend of terror and exhilaration. Weaved through traffic like a caffeinated ninja. Survived. Barely.
- Evening: Wandered through the Old Quarter, got accosted by some street vendors trying to sell me… everything. I politely declined, but got the feeling that I had disappointed them. Had a delicious (and slightly more adventurous) dinner, found some delicious food that seemed safe and fresh. Back to the apartment to crash.
Day 3: Ha Long Bay (OMG) & a Boat Drama
- Morning: Organized a day trip to Ha Long Bay – a pre booked tour, but somehow I couldn't find what I had ordered online. Realized I probably got the wrong booking. The logistics of this trip were insane. Packed a bag and went to meeting location.
- All Day: Ha Long Bay. All I can say is… WOW. Literally breathtaking, the water, the islands and the caves. However, The trip was great, but the boat was a different story. Let's just say it involved a crowded boat, questionable hygiene practices, and the distinct feeling that the captain was enjoying the fact that we are all tourists/victims. And in the end, the most memorable experience of the boat was when my shoe fell off in the water. My heart still aches for my favorite sandal that I had lost.
- Evening: Exhausted and slightly sunburnt, I returned to V-HOUSE 5. The apartment seemed like a haven after the chaos and the bad boat.
Day 4: Cooking Class Catastrophe (and a Triumph of Tastes)
- Morning: Thought I'd be all cultured and take a cooking class. I found a reputable one. The class started and it was great! Except… I'm possibly the worst cook on the planet. Burnt the spring rolls, and nearly set fire to the kitchen. However, somehow, the food (once cooked by the instructor, and not by me) turned out to be absolutely incredible. I actually made a few friends, even though I was a total disaster.
- Afternoon: Recovering from the cooking class trauma with a walk through the markets. Bought some spices I'll probably never use.
- Evening: Tried to recreate the cooking class dishes at V-HOUSE 5 with the kitchen. It was a disaster, but at least I had the memories of the amazing lunch. Had a peaceful night.
Day 5: Water Puppets and Emotional Eating
- Morning: Caught the Water Puppet Show. It was weird, wonderful, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on but I loved it anyway. The music was hypnotic, and the puppeteers were just… phenomenal.
- Afternoon: Found myself wandering around the streets, lost again, looking for another bowl of Pho. My stomach was rumbling! Needed to re-live the taste of food.
- Late Afternoon: I ate 3 pieces of banana cake. No regrets!
- Evening: Started packing, feeling a strange mix of sadness about leaving and pure relief. Ordered delivery to the apartment.
Day 6: Departure – Adieu, Hanoi (and my sanity)
- Morning: Said a sad goodbye to V-HOUSE 5, which had become my little haven. The staff were always friendly, the apartment was cozy, and it was a perfect base camp for my Hanoi adventures (and disasters).
- Afternoon: Flight home.
- Evening: Still processing the magic of Hanoi.
Quirks and Observations:
- The scooters: They are everywhere, and they are not afraid of anything.
- The food: Generally, amazing, and more than I can stomach.
- The pace: It's fast, it's chaotic, and it's utterly captivating.
- My emotions: A rollercoaster. Pure, unadulterated emotional vomit in a foreign city.
- V-HOUSE 5: Clean and safe with a kind and helpful staff.
Imperfections and Lessons Learned:
- Don't be afraid to get lost. Some of the best experiences happened when I had absolutely no idea where I was going.
- Embrace the chaos. Trying to control everything in Hanoi is a recipe for a breakdown.
- Learn a few basic Vietnamese phrases. It's a sign of respect, and it can be helpful.
- Pack comfortable shoes. You'll be doing a lot of walking.
- Don't be afraid to eat everything.
- V-HOUSE 5 is worth it. I would go back.
Final Thoughts:
Hanoi is a city that will swallow you whole, chew you up, and spit you out… a slightly better version of yourself. This trip was messy, unpredictable, and sometimes, incredibly overwhelming. But it was also beautiful, delicious, and unforgettable. And V-HOUSE 5, with its perfectly air conditioned rooms, was the calm in my storm. I'll be back, Hanoi. Prepare yourself.
Unbelievable Palawan Paradise: Cuna Hotel Awaits!
Hanoi's Hottest Haven: V-HOUSE 5 – Your FAQ, Basically! (And Maybe a Rant or Two…)
Alright, alright, let's talk V-HOUSE 5. This place is… an experience. Seriously. I was buzzing for weeks before my trip, saw all the glossy photos, the promises of "luxury living," and figured, "Hey, why not? Treat yourself, you deserve it!" Spoiler alert: it was… complicated. But hey, that's life, right? Here's the (messy) truth, in FAQ form…
So, what *is* V-HOUSE 5, anyway? And is it as amazing as the Instagram pics?
V-HOUSE 5 is a serviced apartment building in Hanoi. They promise you a slice of heaven. They boast high-end everything. Marble floors, sleek kitchens, all the mod-cons. The reality? Well, let's just say Instagram is a liar. A beautiful, sparkly liar. It's definitely *nice*. But "amazing"? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's a serviced apartment, not a portal to another dimension of pure bliss. Sometimes, the paint job is a little wonky. Sometimes, the "fully equipped kitchen" is missing… vital things. Like, you know, a can opener. (Don't laugh! I had to *fight* with a spoon for those beans!)
But hey, on the plus side, the building is central, the apartments are big, and the AC is a godsend in Hanoi's heat. So, yeah, balanced!
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually *convenient*?
Oh, the location is *excellent*. Seriously. Smack-bang in the middle of everything. You're a short walk from the Old Quarter chaos (in a good way – so much food!), you're near various attractions, tons of shops, and you're right in the heart of the buzzing city life. I walked everywhere. Literally, I was practically *forced* to, because… traffic. (More on that later!)
But the downside? Noise. Hanoi is a *noisy* city. Be prepared for constant honking, motorbikes buzzing like angry bees, and the occasional karaoke session that sounds like a dying cat is attempting opera at 3 AM. Earplugs are your best friend, trust me.
Alright, let's talk about the apartments themselves. Are they… well, *livable*?
Okay, the apartments. They are *spacious*. Really spacious. Mine was practically a mansion compared to some of the shoebox-sized hotel rooms I've been crammed into. And the design? Modern, minimalist, all sleek lines. It's all very *aspirational.* You know, the kind of place you see in design magazines and think "One day… one day!"
But… and there's always a "but"… things weren't always perfect. One day, the hot water decided to take a vacation. And I mean, in *Vietnam*? Cold showers were NOT on my to-do list! After a whole morning of shivering and calling reception, they finally sorted it out. The staff were apologetic, but still, the cold blast to the body remains in my memory. Minor imperfections, but there were occasional hiccups. Also, that promised "fully equipped kitchen"? I mentioned the can opener, right? Yeah.
The Staff: Are they helpful? Charming? Do they speak English? (Because, let's be real, my Vietnamese is… non-existent.)
The staff were generally very lovely. Seriously. Super helpful, always smiling, and trying their best. English proficiency varied, but generally, they could communicate. There was one woman, bless her heart, who tried to explain how the washing machine worked for a solid fifteen minutes. I just nodded and smiled. I think she was giving me a lecture on the life and times of a washing machine! But they are very helpful and they genuinely *want* to assist you. They'll arrange taxis, give recommendations, and sort out any issues (eventually).
But, there's always a but, right? I’m not gonna lie. The response time wasn't always lightning-fast. And sometimes, the "fix" wasn't perfect. They fixed it, they just didn't fix *perfectly*. It's Vietnam, so don't expect Swiss precision. Embrace the "it'll get done eventually" attitude and you'll be fine. And remember to pack a sense of humour, because you'll need it.
Okay, the big one: The value for money? Is it worth the coin?
This is the tricky one. V-HOUSE 5 isn't exactly "budget." It's aimed at a more, let's say, *discerning* traveller. And if you're comparing it to a hostel dorm, then no, it probably isn't "worth it."
However, compared to some other serviced apartments or hotels in Hanoi, especially when you consider the location, the size of the apartments, and the amenities (when they are working, and in stock), it’s not *terrible* value. It's a solid "B" - a good option compared to other option . You're paying for convenience, space, and a slightly higher standard of living than roughing it. But do your research. Compare prices. And be honest about your expectations: it's not perfect, but it's… pretty good. Especially if you can find a good deal. I got a decent one, so… I'm glad I went!
Let's talk about that *traffic* you mentioned earlier… Do I need a hazmat suit?
Oh. My. God. The traffic. It's… an experience. It's organized chaos. It's a symphony of horns. It's a constant dance of dodging motorbikes. I walked to the nearest shop and it took me 40 minutes to navigate one block! And the smell… Well, there's a reason face masks are a fashion statement in Hanoi. You absolutely do *not* need a hazmat suit, but maybe an extra-strong lung capacity.
Seriously though, crossing the road is an art form. Don't stop. Don't hesitate. Walk slowly, look the drivers in the eye (they *will* see you), and trust in the flow. It's terrifying at first, and then, somehow, you get used to it. I saw a bicycle with 7 people on it, a cow, and a guy attempting to carry a full-sized refrigerator. Hanoi is a wild place, and V-HOUSE 5 is just a small part of it.
Would you stay there again? (Be honest!)
Okay, brutally honest? YesHotel Search Site

