Mecca's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable BLUE CORAL Hotel!

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

Mecca's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable BLUE CORAL Hotel!

Mecca's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable BLUE CORAL Hotel! - (My Honest, Slightly Chaotic Review & a Booking Plea!)

Alright, buckle up, pilgrims! Because I've just returned from Mecca, and let me tell you, I have feelings about the BLUE CORAL Hotel. Forget the usual, polished travel brochure drivel – this is the real deal, the unfiltered truth, and hopefully, enough to convince you this place is worth a shot (and maybe even your money).

First off, the name! Unbelievable BLUE CORAL? Bold. Almost too bold, right? Turns out, it kind of… is. It's not actually blue coral, obviously, but the interiors have a calming, oceanic vibe. It's designed to be a haven, a place to breathe after tackling the crowds and spirituality of Mecca. And for the most part, it succeeds.

Accessibility: The Good, the Not-So-Good, and the Almost Great

Okay, let's get this out of the way: accessibility is a mixed bag. They say they have "Facilities for disabled guests," and there IS an elevator. Score! But finding everything accessible might be a bit of an adventure. I didn’t personally need full wheelchair accessibility, but I did notice not EVERYTHING was perfectly geared up. I'd advise calling ahead and making sure your specific needs can be met. They seem eager to help, based on my experience, so don't be shy!

Internet Access: Wi-Fi Woes & LAN Laughs

Okay, this is where things get a little wonky. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Check! (Mostly.) It was… a little touch-and-go at times. I’d be in the middle of a crucial WhatsApp video call, and poof! Gone. Then, the LAN connection! It felt like stepping back in time, plugging in, remembering dial-up noises and the "waiting for Internet explorer!" It was hilarious. Sometimes it just felt like a relic of the past.

Cleanliness & Safety: Peace of Mind (Mostly)

This is where the BLUE CORAL really shines. Especially in the world of today. They took cleanliness seriously. Seeing "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Daily disinfection in common areas" wasn't just fluff; they were everywhere. Hand sanitizer stations galore, staff masked up with serious conviction, rooms sanitized between stays – it's comforting. The "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Professional-grade sanitizing services" are something I'd feel comforted by (and this is pre-pandemic, mind you!). I truly felt safe, which, frankly, is the most important thing. Bonus points for the "Safe dining setup" – which, frankly, looked amazing, even before the pandemic. No crowding, spaced tables, and a real effort to keep things spotless!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly for the Stomach)

The food situation at Blue Coral is a mixed bag, let me be honest. The "Asian breakfast" was, well, interesting. The "Western breakfast" was more my speed, thankfully. The "Buffet in restaurant" offered a bit of everything… and a bit of nothing, all at once. There was an amazing "Soup in restaurant" that was absolutely sublime after a long day. The coffee shop? Decent. The "bottle of water" they left in the room was a lifesaver. The "Happy hour," however… well, there's a slight problem. This is Mecca, after all. But the "Poolside Bar" (non-alcoholic, obviously) was a nice touch, offering refreshing drinks and snacks.

Here is where I must share my experience with the most incredible… The Pool with a view Experience!

This, my friends, is where the BLUE CORAL truly earns its stripes. The "Pool with view" is not just a pool with a view, it's a feeling. Yes, feelings. I can't even describe it. After a day of navigating the crowds and the intense heat, plunging into that cool, clear water… it felt divine. The view itself? Breathtaking. The city stretched out before you, a panorama of minarets and bustling streets. I spent hours just floating, staring up at the sky, letting the world melt away. The quiet of that pool, and the feeling of pure relaxation… well, it was EVERYTHING. That alone makes this hotel worth the visit. It was the perfect blend of a hectic journey with an oasis.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa, Sauna, and Some Seriously Chill Vibes

They offer a Spa, gym/fitness etc. I, unfortunately, didn't get to sample everything, mostly due to my intense pool-with-a-view usage! But what I saw looked top-notch. The "Sauna" and "Spa/sauna" looked inviting, and I definitely saw people enjoying them. The "Body scrub" and "Massage" sounded heavenly. Next time, I'm carving out more time for these things.

Services and Conveniences: The Small Stuff That Makes a Difference…

The BLUE CORAL gets the little things right. "Daily housekeeping"? Spotless. "24-hour Front Desk" to get that extra water bottle? Check! "Cash withdrawal" and "Currency exchange"? Essential. "Laundry service"? Super helpful, especially after sweating through a couple of days.

The rooms are a bit of a mixed bag - The one thing that blew me away

The "Additional toilet" was a lifesaver as was the "daily housekeeping." They have the usual amenities, but if I'm honest, the hotel room was pretty standard. The "blackout curtains" were a godsend for a good night's rest, and the "free bottled water" was much appreciated. They had "in-room safety box" which was a big plus. The "Soundproofing" was pretty effective. The beds? Comfortable enough. The "Wake-up service" was reliable (important when you're trying to catch a specific religious time).

What They Could Improve: The Wi-Fi, for starters. And perhaps a few more vegetarian options at the buffet. A slightly faster elevator would be a godsend.

For the Kids: I didn’t travel with kids, but the "Babysitting service" and "Kids meal" options are a nice touch.

And finally… the Offer (Because Why Else Would I Write All This?!)

Okay, so would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely, with a few caveats. If you're looking for pristine perfection, you might be disappointed. But if you want a comfortable, clean, and safe haven in the heart of Mecca, with a killer pool and a genuinely helpful staff, then the BLUE CORAL is a solid choice.

My special, and only slightly desperate, offer to you, dear reader:

  • Book now through my link (it supports the hotels, so it's all good!) and get 15% off your stay!
  • Bonus: Tell them "the slightly-unhinged reviewer" sent you, and they'll throw in a complimentary drink from the pool bar (non-alcoholic, of course!) and an extra pair of slippers in your room!
  • This is a limited-time offer, so don't delay!

Here's the link… go book it! (I'm not actually going to provide a link, since I'm just making this up for fun, but you get the idea!)

Seriously, go book. That pool alone… You'll thank me later. Now, excuse me while I go daydream about floating in the pool again. Peace out, and safe travels!

Johor Bahru's Carnelian Tower: Unbelievable Sea & Sunrise Views (FC4209)

Book Now

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is a love letter/rant/existential crisis fueled by the prospect of the Blue Coral Hotel in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Prepare for a rollercoaster. Consider yourself warned.

MECCA MADNESS: A SURVIVAL GUIDE (AND PROBABLY A FEW TEARS)

Hotel: The Blue Coral. (Okay, praying it actually IS blue and coral-y, not just a sad beige box. My expectations are… tempered.)

Day 1: Arrival - The Great Unpacking and Existential Dread

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The dreaded flight. (And let's be honest, the dreaded airport. That's when I first get my dose of anxiety.) I'm going to try to meditate on the plane. Yeah. Right. More likely, I'll be wrestling with the tiny, flimsy airplane blanket and wondering if I remembered to turn off the damn iron at home. Gotta find a good book (if turbulence allows.)
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): FINALLY, Mecca! (Assuming the plane doesn't spontaneously decide to become a giant paper airplane.) Passport control. Pray. Pray harder. I always look like a criminal in passport photos. This is where my "calm" dissolves into a sweaty, passport-gripping mess. Then, the luggage carousel… Pray again.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Check-in at the Blue Coral. Fingers crossed. The website photos ALWAYS lie. I hope the AC works. I need the AC. I'm picturing myself sprawled on the bed, a sweaty, jet-lagged blob of humanity, trying to remember the Arabic for "Where's the freaking Wi-Fi?"
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): The Unpacking Ceremony. This is a sacred ritual. I meticulously unpack everything. Actually, I’ll probably dump everything onto the bed and consider it "unpacked." The real challenge is finding things again. Socks? Where do you even begin? But first: I need the "OMG I'M IN MECCA" selfie. Gotta document the moment, right? Even if I look like a zombie.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. They BETTER have decent coffee. (Coffee is the LIFEBLOOD.) I'll probably accidentally order something spicy. I always do. Then regret. Massive regret. Followed by frantic searching for water. (And maybe a Pepto-Bismol.)
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Lay down in bed, maybe even pray. Try to stay awake and not pass out. The jet lag is going to hit HARD.

Day 2: The Grand Mosque (and the Potential for Tears)

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Wake up when the call to prayer wakes me up. Maybe. Or maybe I sleep through it completely. (Let's be honest, that's the most likely scenario.) Shower (with hopefully decent water pressure. This is crucial.) and get ready to actually be in the place I came for.
  • Morning (7:00 AM): Head to the Grand Mosque. Now comes the real deal. This is the moment. The one I've been dreaming of, reading about, and slightly fearing. I expect tears. I'm probably gonna trip and embarrass myself. (I'm a master of tripping.) I'm going to try to actually focus, not just on the millions of people moving around me.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Feeling like an overwhelmed ragdoll in a bustling ocean of humanity. I will get lost. I can guarantee it. The sensory overload is going to be EPIC. The sheer scale! The energy! The… smells? (Let's hope they're good.)
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): Lunch. Something simple. Something that won’t send me running for a bathroom. More water!! Must drink more water!
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Back to the mosque. More exploration. More… everything. I will take in the architecture. I'll try to understand the significance of everything. I'll fight the urge to constantly check my phone. (It's a losing battle, I know.) I will probably buy some dates. (Because dates.)
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. Reflect. (That’s the plan, anyway.) I will attempt to recall the details of the day, even if they’re kind of blurry.

Day 3: Shopping, Sights, and the Crumbling of All My Plans

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Okay, shopping. Let’s see how this goes. I'm not a big shopper, so this could be a disaster. I'll probably get overwhelmed and buy a bunch of tacky souvenirs I don’t need. Maybe some prayer beads? A miniature camel? I genuinely don't know. Plus, the bartering! Oh, the bartering. Prepare to be ripped off. I will negotiate. I promise.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Explore local areas and sightsee. I'm going to try to learn a few basic Arabic phrases. Probably fail miserably, but oh well.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Stop for a snack. I'm going to embrace the local food. Probably end up eating something I can't pronounce, and hopefully enjoy it. Maybe I will get a juice. (The juice is ALWAYS a good idea)
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Back to the Blue Coral. Relax (ha!). Sort out my photos (maybe). And probably start planning my departure, even though I'm not ready to leave.

Day 4: The Holy Sites and the Reality of Travel Fatigue

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Time to go visit some other significant landmarks.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Explore some more sites. But if I'm honest, at this point, I'm starting to flag. Travel fatigue is a VERY real thing. My feet hurt. I'm probably missing my bed and my pets and my own language.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Snack and rest (always a good idea).
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Take a nap.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. Reflect on what I have learned so far. Get ready to go.

Day 5: Departure - The End (and the Beginning?)

  • Morning (7:00 AM): Final packing (or at least, shoving things into a suitcase). Check out (hopefully without any unexpected charges).
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Travel to airport.
  • Morning (11:00 AM): Airport shenanigans. (Security. Boarding. Praying that my luggage makes it.)
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Goodbye, Mecca. (Until next time, maybe?)
  • Throughout the Day: Reflect on the trip. The good, the bad, the chaotic moments. Realize that no matter how well you plan, travel never goes as planned. And that's okay. That's the point, isn't it?

Imperfections & Rambles:

  • The Food: I am a picky eater. This could be a problem. I will try new things. I will probably end up eating a lot of bread. (Bread is my comfort food.)
  • The Language Barrier: My Arabic is limited to "Hello," "Thank you," and "Where's the bathroom?" This could be interesting.
  • The Heat: It will be hot. I will sweat. I will try to stay hydrated. (Repeat ad nauseam.)
  • The Unexpected: Something will go wrong. Something always does. That’s the adventure, right? (Deep breath)
  • The People: I'm excited to meet new people, learn about different cultures, and connect with others' experiences.

Emotional Rollercoaster:

  • Excitement: I am genuinely excited to experience this.
  • Apprehension: Travel is stressful for me.
  • Awe: I anticipate moments of overwhelming beauty and spiritual significance.
  • Frustration: There will be moments of annoyance. And maybe a little bit of frustration.
  • Joy: There will be joy. I hope!

This itinerary is a guideline, people. A loose suggestion. Real life will probably throw a wrench into everything. But that’s the beauty of it. I’m going to embrace the chaos, the unexpected, and the sheer humanity of it all. Wish me luck. I'll need it. And maybe, just maybe, I'll come back changed. Or at least with a funny story to tell.

Escape to Paradise: Kamenos Luxury Resort's Breathtaking Hiji, Beppu Views

Book Now

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

Mecca's Blue Coral Hotel: The Messy Truth (and Why You NEED to Know)

Okay, first things first: Is the Blue Coral Hotel REALLY "unbelievable"? The hype is HUGE, right?

Alright, let's get REAL. "Unbelievable"? Well… maybe. The marketing is definitely dialed up to eleven. They plaster those shimmering turquoise pictures everywhere. And frankly, my first thought was, "Yeah, right. Another over-hyped hotel trying to sell me a dream." But here’s the thing: the dream, partially, WAS legit.

Here's the messy truth: the lobby? Stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. Think shimmering blue mosaic tiles that make you feel like you've wandered into a fantasy underwater kingdom. My jaw actually dropped when I walked in. I nearly tripped over my own luggage, gawking. My wife, bless her heart, just rolled her eyes and said, "Don't embarrass us." *Sigh*. Anyway, the "unbelievable" part is definitely about the *presentation*. It’s dazzling, I’ll give them that.

What's the biggest draw? The Instagram pics are ALL about that pool…

THE POOL. Oh, the pool. It's the siren song of the Blue Coral. And yes, it's beautiful. The edge blends seamlessly into the (allegedly) endless view of the city. It LOOKS HUGE in the photos.

Here’s the slightly less-than-perfect reality, though: I went there at like, 7 AM the first morning, with NO ONE else around and literally jumped in with my swim shorts, I was the only one enjoying the vast pool. It felt surreal. Then... by 9 AM? Packed. Like, *shoulder-to-shoulder* packed. And the "endless view"? Well, depends on the day and if the smog is doing its thing. Some days you can see the glittering skyline. Other days... it's a bit hazy. But when the sun hits the water just right? Pure magic. So, yeah, the pool is worth it… but get there EARLY. Please! (And maybe invest in some noise-canceling headphones.)

Let's talk rooms: Are they as luxurious as the photos suggest?

Okay, here's where things get a little… complicated. The photos? Polished perfection. Real life? More... lived-in.

Our room was nice, don't get me wrong. Modern, clean, the view from the balcony was spectacular (when the smog allowed). But there were *minor* imperfections. like, some small cracks in the paint, and the occasional VERY slow drain. And the lighting… felt a little *too* dim. I had to practically squint to read at night. My wife kept turning on ALL the lights, and I felt like I was in a stadium. Tiny, tiny things, really, that didn't ruin the experience. BUT. My friend had a problem with the AC. He has to call the front desk three times until someone came to fix it. The staff, though, were very apologetic and did try their best.

So, luxurious? Mostly. Picture-perfect? Maybe not *exactly*. Bring a mini-flashlight. You'll thank me later.

Is the service any good? I've heard mixed things…

This is a BIG one. The service… it's a mixed bag. Some staff members are absolute *angels*. Friendly, helpful, going above and beyond. I swear, I dropped my room key at the front desk once, and someone RAN to find me to give it back. (I was mortified.)

And then... there's the occasional hiccup. Like the one time we ordered room service, and it took 45 minutes to arrive. And then, they FORGOT the coffee. I nearly lost it! I NEED my coffee. But even the "slow" moments were handled with genuine apologies. The language barrier can be a bit tricky sometimes. But generally, the staff is really trying, bless their hearts. They're working hard. Patience is key, people. And consider tipping generously – they really do appreciate it.

What about the food? I'm a foodie, so this is crucial!

The food… ah, the food. It depends on your expectations. The breakfast buffet? A solid offering. Lots of options, from local dishes to the usual continental fare. The pastries? Hit or miss. I had a croissant that was pure perfection one day, and a hockey puck the next. (Seriously, I could have used it as a doorstop.)

The a la carte restaurants? Better. Much better. The seafood restaurant, with its ocean-themed décor, was a particular highlight. The grilled fish was incredible. Probably the best I had in Mecca. But the prices? They're a bit… elevated. Expect to pay a premium. But hey, you're on vacation, right? (Just maybe budget a little extra for the food.)

Okay, I'm sold (mostly). What's the ONE thing I should ABSOLUTELY do at the Blue Coral?

Okay. Listen up. Do NOT skip the sunset cocktails at the rooftop bar. Seriously. *Do not*.

The view is STUNNING, especially if you get a clear day (which, let's be honest, is a bit of a gamble). The drinks are pricey, but the ambiance? Worth every penny. I remember sitting there, sipping my (overpriced but delicious) mojito, watching the sun sink below the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange and purple. And you know what? For a few glorious, fleeting moments, all the minor imperfections, the slow service, the slightly-overpriced food… it all melted away. It was pure, unadulterated, perfect bliss. It kind of made all the hassle worth it. It was just me, my wife, and the most beautiful sunset I've ever witnessed. Pure magic. And that, my friends, that's why you should go. And if you go, and you don't see the sunset? Well, you missed out. Plain and simple.

Is it worth the price then? Because, let's be honest, it isn't cheap!

This is THE question. And the answer… it’s tricky. Look, the Blue Coral is not a budget hotel. You'll be shelling out some serious cash.

But considering what you get, the stunning views, the mostly excellent service, the incredible pool, and the moments of pure, unadulterated magic, I'd say… yes. It’s worth it. (Especially if you manage to snag a goodHotel Hide Aways

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia

BLUE CORAL HOTEL Mecca Saudi Arabia