
Melbourne's Hidden Gem: Punthill Ivanhoe Apartment Hotel!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving deep into the swirling, sometimes slightly-off-kilter, world of Melbourne's Punthill Ivanhoe Apartment Hotel. Forget those perfectly polished brochures – this is the real deal. And trust me, I've seen some hotels in my time.
(SEO Kicks In - Let's Start with the Buzzwords)
Punthill Ivanhoe Review: Your Melbourne Escape – Accessibility, Comfort, and More! - We're talking accessible accommodation, free Wi-Fi, on-site dining, and a whole bunch of other goodies. We want to rank!
(My Arrival - First Impressions & Accessibility Rant!)
Right, so, picture this: I'm rolling into Ivanhoe, which, confession time, I'd never heard of before. But the photos of Punthill looked promising. And the phrase "apartment hotel" always piques my interest. Because who doesn't love a bit more space when you're traveling?
Accessibility: Now, I'm not in a wheelchair but I'm always hyper aware of it. The world should be accessible to everyone. and, well it's not always. I can't give a complete assessment but I saw elevators and what seemed to be wide doorways. The website mentions "facilities for disabled guests" without going into detail. (Rant alert!) Hotel websites, guys, PLEASE be specific! How wide is the doorway? Are there grab bars? Is there a ramp? Tell us! It's 2024! We need details! But overall, the layout seemed pretty good, and the lobby wasn't a claustrophobic maze. So… a tentative thumbs-up, but Punthill, step up your accessibility game and let’s get specific!
(Settle In & Wi-Fi Mania!)
The check-in was… fine. Not overly friendly, not robotic, just efficient. Contactless check-in/out? Yep, they have it. Which is great, because who actually likes chatting with a stranger after a long journey? I just wanna get into the damn room!
And the Wi-Fi? Hallelujah! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! This is ESSENTIAL! Now, I’m a digital nomad, and the internet is my lifeline. I need to connect, I need to work. The signal was strong, the speed was decent, and I didn't spend half my life staring at a buffering wheel. Internet access – LAN? Not something I personally used, but the option is there for the old-school wired folks.
(The Room: Apartment Bliss?)
Available in all rooms: Let's be real, I'd be okay with a bed and a bin. But this was an apartment hotel, remember? It was a room upgrade! I had a small kitchen (didn't use it, but I'm a fan of the idea of cooking), comfy seating area with a sofa, a good sized desk, and a proper bathroom. Separate shower/bathtub? Check! Bathrobes? Yep! Slippers? I didn't use them but they were there. The bed was huge and comfy (another plus). The blackout curtains – pure magic! I slept like a baby. Air conditioning? Absolutely. A full fridge along with a coffee maker. Amazing.
Things to do, ways to relax - A Rambling Through the Amenities
Gym/fitness & Fitness center: There was a gym. I meant to use it. I swear. But you know… deadlines, chocolate, exploring. It’s there, though. Good to know!
Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view: Well, there WAS a pool, looking rather inviting, and well, a view. I'd probably relax more in that pool.
(Food, Glorious Food - Dining Adventures)
Breakfast [buffet], Restaurants, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and the Rest: I hate hotel breakfasts. This one… wasn’t bad. Breakfast [buffet]? Yes, definitely! Standard hotel fare – the usual suspects. But honestly, I went out there, grabbed a coffee (not bad!), and then explored. I’m not a fan of sitting in a hotel all day.
Dining drinking, and snacking: I didn’t venture into the bar or the restaurants, I wanted to hit the town and eat at the local spots. I did see a snack bar with some interesting options.
(Cleanliness & Safety - Are We Safe?)
Cleanliness and safety: Fine, I got lazy. My bad. But you can bet I was checking everything out and everything was pristine. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? Yeah, all good. Rooms sanitized between stays? They should be. Staff trained in safety protocol? I hope so!
(Services & Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter)
Daily housekeeping: Spot on! Laundry service? Yep! Concierge? Yes. Honestly, all the basics were covered.
(The "Hidden Gem" - Worth the Hype?)
Getting around: OKAY, let's talk location. Ivanhoe isn't right in the city center. You’ll need a quick taxi service or car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] to get where you are going. But it has a real neighborhood-y feel, lots of cafes and restaurants, and its own vibe.
(The Verdict - And a Punthill Ivanhoe Offer for You!)
Look, Punthill Ivanhoe isn't a five-star luxury palace. It's a comfortable, practical, and well-equipped apartment hotel. Is it a hidden gem? Perhaps not hidden, exactly… it’s very good. It's the right spot in the right place.
Here's the honest truth: I would absolutely stay here again.
(And Now, The Sales Pitch - The "I Want You To Book!" Bit)
Tired of generic hotel rooms and cramped spaces? Craving a Melbourne escape that feels like home?
Punthill Ivanhoe Apartment Hotel is your answer! Offering spacious apartments, fully equipped kitchens, and free Wi-Fi, it's the perfect base for exploring Melbourne.
Book your stay at Punthill Ivanhoe and enjoy:
- Apartment-style comfort: More space to relax, work, and unwind.
- Reliable Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your adventures.
- A prime location: Explore the vibrant Ivanhoe neighborhood, with easy access to Melbourne's attractions.
- On-site amenities: From a pool to a fitness center.
But wait, there's more!
Book directly through our website [This part is crucial, include your website link]** using the code "MELBEXPLORE" and receive a complimentary bottle of local wine!**
Don't miss out! Click here to book your Melbourne adventure today!
(And one last thought…)
Punthill Ivanhoe isn't perfect. What is? But it's comfortable, it's functional, and it offers a refreshing alternative to the usual hotel experience. Go check it out, but just remember to let me know if the coffee shop is good – I really want to know!”
Lavanda Camerota: Italy's Hidden Lavender Paradise You NEED to See!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is living, Punthill Ivanhoe style, Melbourne edition. Specifically, my living, complete with grumbles, epic wins, and the near-constant existential dread of choosing between avocado toast and a proper snag. Here goes…
Punthill Apartment Hotel Ivanhoe – The Melbourne Mess-Up (And Maybe Success)
(Day 1: Arrival - The Great Unpacking and "Is This Really All the Space?")
- 10:00 AM: Arrive at Tullamarine Airport. Jetlagged. Already regretting that extra shot of espresso. The taxi driver, bless his soul, looked slightly horrified when I told him I needed to "hit up a chemist, stat." (Turns out, I forgot my sunscreen. Rookie mistake.)
- 11:00 AM: Check into Punthill Ivanhoe. The receptionist woman (whose name, I swear, was something like "Bev" or "Brenda", quintessential Aussie names, really) was brilliant. Quick, efficient, and didn't bat an eyelid when my suitcase, which I'd been wrestling with, almost took out a potted plant. "Welcome to Ivanhoe, love," she chirped. "Hope you enjoy your stay!" I'm already liking this place.
- 11:30 AM: Apartment tour. Woah. Cozy. Very. Comfortable couch though, already imagining myself sinking into it later. And is that… a balcony? Cue gleeful squeal (probably audible to the surrounding apartments).
- 12:00 PM: Unpacking Fail. Seriously, does anyone ever unpack neatly? My clothes exploded onto the bed like a colorful, disorganized supernova. Found one lonely, forgotten protein bar at the bottom of my backpack. Score! (Fuel for the first battle: getting the Wi-Fi working.)
- 1:00 PM: Wi-Fi victory! Finally. Thank you tech gods. The need for internet is a real thing.
- 1:30 PM: The "Is This Really All the Space?" Moment. Walk cautiously around apartment and assess. This place is actually much bigger than I expected. I take it back. I take it all back!
- 2:00 PM: Lunch – Found a little café/bakery (maybe) nearby called "The Good Food Society". God I hope it's good.
- 3:00 PM: Cafe experience. Sigh The coffee… was… okay. Not life-changing. But their sausage roll? Bloody brilliant. I mean, proper flaky pastry, perfectly seasoned sausage meat. Worth the mediocre coffee. I'd go back just for that roll. Already planning the return trip for tomorrow.
- 4:00 PM: Balcony time. Sun's out, birds are chirping (or maybe screeching, it's hard to tell), and I'm officially on holiday.
- 5:00 PM: Attempt to do some "research" (aka: Google "best Melbourne cafes"). My attention span: zero. Found myself scrolling through cat memes instead. The internet is a liar and a thief.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner planning. Torn between cooking something simple in the apartment or braving the unknown… decisions, decisions…
- 7:00 PM: Dinnertime Disaster (and Triumph). Decided to try cooking. Fried some eggs. Somehow managed to burn them. Not entirely sure how. Gave up. Settled for a bowl of cereal. Hey, at least the milk was cold. After dinner, the couch calls me, the TV is now my best friend.
- 8:00 PM: Couch time! Netflix and chill. The ultimate vacation activity for now. The first night, the jet lag, and the overwhelming desire to actually relax hits me.
- 9:00 PM: Sleep.
(Day 2: Melbourne Exploration - The Tram, The Graffiti, and the Search for the Perfect Flat White)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Jetlag still lingering, but the promise of adventure keeps me going.
- 8:30 AM: Breakfast (The sausage roll beckons). Return to the Good Food Society for another. This is going to become a problem… a delicious, flaky problem.
- 9:30 AM: Public transport. This is where things get interesting. Decided to try the tram. Found myself fumbling with the Myki card machine. Thankfully, a kind local (probably in her 70s, but with the energy of someone half her age) took pity on me and sorted me out. "Welcome to Melbourne, love!", she said, with a smile. It was at this moment I decided that Aussies rock!
- 10:30 AM: First stop – Federation Square. Already overwhelmed by the amount of people. Architecture is… something.
- 11:00 AM: (Rambling) Melbourne is a city of vibe. Its pulse is quick, a blur of movement and sound. I got a coffee, and it was good but not like the best. Maybe I don’t know what a good coffee is. The people I am with got their coffee, and they were not pleased. The coffee issue has taken away a huge portion of our time.
- 12:00 PM: (A change of scene, maybe). Graffiti Lane. Holy moly. Colour everywhere. The talent here is insane. Wandered around, slack-jawed at the artwork. Took a million photos. Will probably never look at them again. Still, the experience… wow.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a random pub: It wasn’t great, but the atmosphere was good. Food was a bit meh but the local ale (or whatever, I’m not a beer person) was decent.
- 2:00 PM: (Opinion Time). Got lost then wandering. Wandering is not always a bad thing. I did get the wrong way around a lot. Every corner turn was different. Everyone had a different story, and I just wanted to hear more.
- 3:00 PM: The search for the perfect Flat White. Seriously, this is a quest that could span the entire week. Found another café, this time in a little alleyway. The coffee? Better than the Good Food Society's, but still not THE one. The quest continues.
- 4:00 PM: Yarra River walk. Beautiful. Clean. Everything feels fresh, new, and alive. This is what I like.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the apartment to rest and regroup. Must. Rest.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner: Takeaway from an Indian restaurant. Delicious. Spicier than I anticipated. Started sweating. Worth it.
- 7:00 PM: Back to Netflix. The cycle has repeated. I am not ashamed.
- 8:00 PM: Lights out.
(Day 3: Day Trip to… (TBD) - The Long Drive, The Unexpected Delight, and the Quest Never Ends)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Plan for the Day. Where to go?
- 9:00 AM: The good food society calls.
- 10:00 AM: (Unpopular Opinion) The Great Ocean Road, or another road trip to see more.
- 11:00 AM: The Great Ocean Road trip… decided. This journey has taken hours…
- 1:00 PM: Lunch stops.
- 3:00 PM: (The Good Part) This road trip is just breath-taking.
- 5:00 PM: More to explore
- 7:00 PM: The sunset… it was just unreal, so I took pictures.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner on the way back.
- 10:00 PM: Back to the hotel.
(Day 4, 5, 6, 7: The Unfolding Chapters)
- (To be filled in as I go, probably involving more coffee, more accidental wrong turns, and a healthy dose of existential pondering. Maybe a museum. Maybe a winery. Definitely more sausage rolls. The possibilities, my friends, are endless… and slightly terrifying.)
(The "Don't Forget!" (Spoiler Alert: I Will Forget))
- Pack more sunscreen.
- Learn to navigate the tram system without looking like a complete fool.
- Find "THE" perfect coffee.
- Remember to breathe.
- Don't judge the coffee.
- Embrace the chaos.
- And most importantly… enjoy the ride. This is my messy, beautiful, imperfect, and ultimately real adventure. Wish me luck. (I'll need it.)

Okay, so Punthill Ivanhoe... Hidden Gem? Really? Tell Me!
Alright, alright, settle down. "Hidden Gem" is a bold claim, right? And honestly? It's a bit of a mixed bag, like a box of chocolates – you never know what you're gonna get. But yeah... Punthill Ivanhoe? I'd put it in the "worth checking out" category, with some serious caveats.
Picture this: You're knackered. Plane delayed, traffic's a nightmare, you're desperate for a shower. Ivanhoe, in the north of Melbourne, isn't exactly city centre, which, for those jet-lagged souls, is a major plus. It's quiet. Peaceful. Almost... suburban-ly lovely. Finding the place IS a bit of an adventure the first time – my GPS went rogue and nearly directed me into a kindergarten. Seriously. Kids and all!
But once you're IN, the place has a charm. A slightly... faded charm, mind you. Think comfy, not cutting-edge. Think 'well-loved' rather than 'brand spanking new'. You're not getting the Ritz, but you're getting a decent, clean apartment, which is GREAT if you're traveling with a bunch of people who need space.
What are the apartments actually like? Please don't tell me about 'luxurious modern design'.
God, I hate that phrase. "Luxurious modern design" is code for "tiny, overpriced, and probably smells faintly of cleaning products." Thankfully, Punthill Ivanhoe is NOT that. The apartments are... functional. Think: practical, rather than pretty. They've got everything you *need*: a decent kitchen (hello, fridge and microwave!), a comfy bed (mostly), and usually a balcony, which is a win.
One time, I stayed in a two-bedroom. We were a family of five. The kitchen was small but functional. The balcony was big enough to actually, you know, *sit* on, which is a rarity in apartment hotels. There was even a washing machine and dryer. GAME CHANGER with kids! And I will never, ever, forget sitting out there, sipping a terrible instant coffee and watching the sunrise. It was the simple things, you know?
However, and this is important, don't expect the newest, flashiest decor. The furniture might have seen a few birthdays. The carpets? Could be a little…lived-in. But hey, you're there to experience Melbourne, not to obsess over the thread count. And honestly? That kinda makes it more… real, doesn’t it? Less sterile.
Is it family-friendly? Because *that* is a dealbreaker.
YES! Absolutely, emphatically YES! Punthill Ivanhoe is a haven for families. The apartment layout, with separate bedrooms and living areas, is pure genius. No more tiptoeing around at bedtime! You can actually put the little monsters to bed and then… relax! Or, you know, binge-watch Netflix. Whatever floats your boat.
Plus, the kitchen! Being able to make your own breakfasts and lunches is just… brilliant. Saves a fortune on eating out (which, let's be honest, with kids, is a recipe for disaster). I even managed to bake a dodgy batch of cookies once. They were burnt, but the kids LOVED them. It's that kind of place. Makes you feel like you're actually *living* on holiday, not just passing through.
What about location? Is it a pain to get around?
Okay, here's where we get to the "hidden" part. Ivanhoe is NOT in the city centre. Not even close. You're looking at a good 30-40 minute tram/train ride to get downtown, which can be a bit of a drag if you’re all about the hustle and bustle of Melbourne's laneways. Traffic is… well, it's traffic.
BUT! Ivanhoe itself is a lovely little suburb. Seriously charming. Think leafy streets, cafes galore, and a generally relaxed vibe. It’s a world away from the chaos of the CBD, which can be a huge relief at the end of a busy day. You've got parks, shops, restaurants… everything you need for a comfortable stay. And seriously, the walk to the shops past the amazing homes is a joy.
So, pros and cons. If you're all about being in the thick of it, maybe choose something closer to the action. If you're looking for somewhere that actually *feels* like a break, somewhere restful, calm, and slightly… off the beaten path? Punthill Ivanhoe is worth considering.
Any downsides? Be honest. The truth, I can handle it.
Okay, here's the gritty reality:
First, the internet. Sometimes it's great. Other times? It's like trying to navigate the Sahara Desert with a leaky boat. Prepare for buffering. Prepare for frustration. Download your Netflix before you go. Thank me later.
Second, the noise. Though generally quiet, I once had a room facing the train tracks. It wasn’t horrendous but the occasional rumble of the train was definitely there during the night. I actually, strangely, found it comforting after a few days - like a background soundtrack to my holiday. But if you're a light sleeper, request a room AWAY from the tracks.
Then there's the breakfast. It's…well, I’ve had better. It’s a continental. Nothing to write home about - but coffee is included, which is a win in my book. Frankly, I’d recommend walking to one of the many local cafes and getting a proper Melbourne coffee. Trust me, you'll thank me for that one.
And finally… the lack of a pool. Look, a pool would be amazing, obviously. Especially in the Melbourne heat. But hey, you can't have everything, eh?
Is there anything awesome nearby that I shouldn't miss?
YES! Don’t miss the Yarra River Trail. Get your walking shoes on (or hire some bikes) and explore the beautiful Yarra River. It's stunning. Seriously. Walk along the river is therapeutic.
Otherwise, pop to the shops and explore the local cafes. There are several quirky, independent shops to browse in. I once found a fantastic vintage dress in one of the local boutiques. You could spend a whole day wandering around.
Also, and this is important, try and squeeze in a trip to the Heide Museum of Modern Art. Amazing. And if you're feeling brave? Try driving to the Dandenong Ranges for a day trip. The views are incredible.
Would you stay there again? Be brutally honest!
Okay, here's theStay Finder Blogs

