
Suz & Catorze Taipei: The Unexpected Taipei Hotel You NEED to See!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic, and utterly unexpected world of Suz & Catorze Taipei. Forget pristine hotel brochures; I'm serving you the real deal, warts and all (mostly… glitter-covered warts). Let's get messy!
Suz & Catorze Taipei: The Taipei Hotel That Actually Surprised Me (in a Good Way!)
First off, let's just address the elephant in the room: "Suz & Catorze." Sounds like a password I’d forget immediately, right? But trust me, remembering this place is the easy part. It’s leaving that’s the struggle.
Accessibility: The Good and the … Needs Improvement?
Okay, so I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm all about accessibility. I got a bum knee (story for another time involving a particularly enthusiastic dance-off and a rogue step), so I keep an eye out. The elevator is a lifesaver, absolutely essential here. And the front desk staff? Super friendly and helpful, ready to bend over backwards – and they do understand the value of accessible design. However, I didn't see any specific wheelchair-accessible rooms advertised, and while there were elevators, I didn't scope out the ramps personally. So… a little more investigation is needed here. 🤞
Cleanliness and Safety: My OCD Heart Sings!
THIS is where Suz & Catorze REALLY shines. Coming out of… well, the last few years, I'm a sanitation FREAK. And this place gets an A+. They are seriously on top of it.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: YES. THANK YOU.
- Daily disinfection: They're at it constantly. I saw staff wiping down everything.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere: Seriously, every turn I found one.
- Room sanitization opt-out: Genius. Respect for personal space and eco-consciousness wins.
- Masks are encouraged! And everyone was respectful.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They've thought it through.
- Staff trained in safety protocols: Visible and effective, not just lip service.
Seriously, I felt safer here than in my own apartment. (Don’t judge my dusting habits.) I'm also happy with the security, it was excellent.
Rooms: The Cozy Nest You Didn't Know You Needed
The room was GREAT. Okay, so it wasn't the biggest I've ever seen, but it was perfectly designed. They make the most of the space. The decor is… eclectic in the best way. Think quirky art, unexpected pops of color, and a general "IKEA but make it chic" vibe.
- Air conditioning: BLESS. Taipei can get humid, and this was a lifesaver.
- Blackout curtains: Hello, sleep! I needed to catch up on some Zzzz's.
- Complimentary bottled water: Hydration is key, people.
- Free Wi-Fi: Fast and reliable. Never a dropped connection.
- Hairdryer: Essential for my mane.
- In-room safe: For peace of mind.
- Mini-bar: Stocked with goodies. Temptation, I tell you!
- Non-smoking: YES! Smelly hotels are a dealbreaker.
- Private bathroom: Of course!
- Satellite/cable channels: Perfect for the lazy days.
- Slippers & Bathrobes: A nice touch.
- Wake-up service: If you absolutely have to leave.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Ubiquitous and appreciated. It's important, I didn't have to worry about my phone bill.
- Window that opens: Okay, it’s a small thing but I love fresh air, don't you?
Bathroom Breakdown: Good water pressure, decent toiletries. Not overly luxurious, but totally functional.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Okay, the food. Prepare to be delighted. The Asian breakfast was LEGIT. I mean, properly delicious. Forget sad continental breakfasts; this was a feast.
- Asian Breakfast: So good! Noodles, congee, and everything you could want.
- Breakfast Buffet: A great way to start the day.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Excellent.
- Restaurants: There are really good options.
- Room service I didn't order, but it's available 24-hours.
I didn't try all the restaurants, but I did try the coffee shop and it's great for mid-afternoon pick-me-ups.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax, and the Spa Debacle
- Fitness center: They have one. I meant to go. I didn't. (See: bum knee, preference for naps.)
- Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom
- Swimming pool I thought it'd be nice to relax here. It's really pretty.
Okay, so here's the honest truth. I planned on hitting up the spa. I. Planned. On. It. I booked a massage, I envisioned myself blissed out, zen, and ready to take on the world. But then… something came up. I saw a really interesting film and got into a deep conversation. So, yeah, that didn’t happen. But, people who did use it said it was good, and the space looked amazing. Next time.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
- Airport transfer: Yes. Make it, you won't regret it.
- Car park [on-site]: A bonus in Taipei.
- Taxi service: Readily available.
Overall, getting around was super easy. Public transport in Taipei is excellent.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Air conditioning in public area: Absolutely essential.
- Concierge: Super helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: My room always felt fresh.
- Elevator: Thank goodness.
- Laundry service: Needed to do my laundry.
- Luggage storage: Super practical!
My Biggest Takeaway
Suz & Catorze isn't just a place to sleep; it's an experience. It’s the kind of place where you can get lost, in a good way. It’s got heart, it’s got style, and it genuinely cares about its guests. And that, my friends, is the secret ingredient.
The Offer You Can't Refuse (Unless You Hate Amazing Hotels)
Escape to Taipei and Experience Suz & Catorze!
Special Offer for a Limited Time: Book your stay at Suz & Catorze Taipei and experience a hotel that will truly surprise you.
- 15% off your stay: Use code TAIPEIADVENTURE at checkout.
- Free Breakfast Included! Fuel your day with their amazing Asian breakfast
- Complimentary Welcome Drink at the Bar! Start your night off right.
Don't settle for a boring hotel. Choose Suz & Catorze and create memories that will last a lifetime. This offer lasts only a short time – book now before the rooms are gone!
Warrina 11: Your Dream Thredbo Escape Awaits!
(Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your average, sterile itinerary. This is me, in Taipei, probably slightly overwhelmed, and definitely fueled by too much bubble tea. Consider this my personal, chaotic travel diary, with a dash of useful information sprinkled in. Let's go!)
Suz & Catorze Taipei: My Taipei Tango (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Sticky Rice)
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lagged Bliss, and the Search for the Perfect Dumpling (Spoiler: It's a Journey)
Morning (ish) (because time zones are a LIE): Land at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). Okay, first impression: clean. Seriously clean. And the immigration officers? Actually nice. Unlike that grumpy dude in customs back in… well, never mind. Pre-booked the airport transfer to Suz & Catorze because, let's be honest, after a 14-hour flight, I could barely form coherent sentences, let alone negotiate a taxi.
- Pro-tip: Get an EasyCard at the airport. Lifesaver for public transport. I immediately lost mine in a moment of existential panic later. More on that.
Afternoon: Finally at Suz & Catorze! This place is… charming. Slightly hipster, maybe, but in a good way. The room? Small. But clean. And the bed? Glorious. Fell asleep for like 3 hours, woke up in a cold sweat at 4 pm thinking it was 3 am. Jet lag, you magnificent bastard.
Evening: The Great Dumpling Quest: Okay, priority number one: FOOD. Specifically, the best dumplings on the planet. Spent an hour aimlessly wandering the streets near the hotel, armed with Google Maps and a desperate hunger. First place? Closed. Second? Massive queue. Third? Worth. The. Wait. Think juicy pork, perfectly thin wrappers, and a dipping sauce that could bring world peace. Location is called Yong Kang Beef Noodle
- Emotional Breakdown (brief): Seriously considered getting a second plate. Then remembered I had to walk back to the hotel and talk to myself.
- Quirky observation: Everyone in Taipei seems to be perpetually smiling. Is it the dumplings? The bubble tea? Or just the fact that they're not, you know, living in a freezing cold, perpetually grey city like I usually am?
Night: Passed out. Again. Dreamt of dumplings. The jet lag wins.
Day 2: Temples, Tea, and the Terrifying (But Delicious) Stinky Tofu
- Morning: Woke up feeling… slightly less like a zombie. Decided to tackle some culture. First stop: Longshan Temple. Wow. Just… wow. Incense smoke, intricate carvings, the energy of the place is palpable. Spent a good hour just wandering around, trying to take it all in. (And secretly judging some of the selfie sticks.)
- Messy anecdote: Managed to accidentally offend a monk by standing in a sacred spot (didn't know!). Apologized profusely. He just smiled and waved me on. Lesson learned: brush up on your temple etiquette.
- Late Morning: Tea time! Found a little tea house tucked away in a quiet alley. Ordered a traditional tea ceremony. The tea master? A tiny, elegant woman who could probably slice you with a look. The tea? Exquisite. The experience? Calming. Needed it, after temple-related faux pas.
- Opinionated Language: Forget Starbucks. This is the real deal. So much better than any chain store.
- Afternoon: Shilin Night Market (and the Stinky Tofu of DOOM):. Oh. My. God. Crowds. Lights. Food vendors as far as the eye can see. This is a food lover's paradise… and a claustrophobe's nightmare. Tried everything. Seriously. Everything. Including, bravely, the notoriously pungent stinky tofu.
- Strong Emotional Reaction: The smell… it's a thing. The taste…? Not entirely horrendous. Like a slightly fermented, crispy, tofu-y version of something I can't quite place. Would I order it again? Maybe. Probably. Definitely need to cleanse my palate.
- Stream-of-Consciousness: Deep fried squid, mochi, and the realization that my stomach is a bottomless pit.
- Evening: Collapsed back at the hotel. Successfully navigated the Taipei Metro, avoided getting lost, and survived the stinky tofu. A win.
Day 3: The Taipei 101 Debacle and a Sweet, Sweet Redemption (with Mango Shaved Ice)
- Morning: Taipei 101! The tallest building in… well, a long time. The view from the top? Spectacular. (Though, as a Californian, I'm a little jaded with tall buildings.) The crowds? Less spectacular. Massive queues, and felt like I had to fight for every inch of space.
- Imperfection: Forgot to book the elevator pass in advance. Stood in line for HOURS. My feet hurt. My patience wore thin.
- Rambling: Seriously, people, book your tickets online! Also, the wind up there is INSANE. Nearly blew my hat off.
- Afternoon: Redemption! After the 101 fiasco, I needed something to revive my soul. Mango shaved ice. Found a little shop in the Ximending district that did it right. Mountains of fluffy ice, sweet, juicy mango, and a generous dollop of condensed milk. Pure bliss.
- Doubling Down: Ate a second bowl. And then a third. Judgmental stares? Who cares? This was the taste of heaven, people.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Wandered aimlessly through Ximending. Shopping. Street performers. More food. The energy of this place is infectious. Bought a ridiculously oversized plush toy (don't ask). Had a random conversation with a local student about his favorite anime. (He thought my Mandarin was hilarious.)
- Night: Back at the hotel. Packing. Regretting not buying more dumplings. Already planning my return trip. Taipei, you've officially stolen my heart. And probably clogged my arteries. But mostly, my heart.
(The End… for now. This itinerary is a work in progress. Things will change. I'll probably get lost again. And I'll definitely eat more dumplings. Wish me luck!)
Shangrao's BEST Hotel? Orange Hotel's Railway Station Secret!
Suz & Catorze Taipei: Yeah, You *Need* to Know About This Place
Okay, spill. Why all the hype about Suz & Catorze? It's just a hotel, right?
Alright, lemme level with you. It's not *just* a hotel. Forget beige walls and cookie-cutter rooms. Suz & Catorze is... well, it's a vibe. Think quirky, artsy, and seriously stylish, all wrapped up in a package of Taiwanese hospitality that'll make you wanna hug the front desk (don't do that, though, probably). It's less "hotel" and more "experience." I’m telling you, the first time I walked in, I literally stopped mid-sentence and just *looked*. It's the kind of place that makes you Instagram every corner… and then delete half the pics later because you're slightly embarrassed by your excessive shutterbug-ness. But seriously, the design! The lighting! The *smell*! (Seriously, the smell is fantastic.) It's just… different. And different is good, right? Especially when you're escaping the usual blandness of travel.
So, the design is good. But what about the rooms? Are they actually comfortable? (And are they *clean*?)
Oh, the rooms. This is where Suz & Catorze *really* shines. They’re not huge, okay? Let's be real, space is at a premium in Taipei. But they're cleverly designed, making every inch count. The beds? Heavenly. I swear, I could've slept for a week straight in that thing. And the bathrooms? Spotless. Like, seriously, I'm a clean freak, bordering on obsessive-compulsive, and even *I* was impressed. The little details – the funky artwork, the curated selection of snacks and drinks (hello, complimentary mini-bar!), the strong Wi-Fi – all add up to make you feel genuinely pampered. Okay, so there was *one* tiny issue – the plug sockets were a little awkwardly placed. I had to contort myself into a pretzel to charge my phone… but honestly, the overall experience was so good I barely noticed. Okay, maybe I noticed, and maybe I whined a little. But still… FANTASTIC.
Location, location, location! Is it actually in a decent spot? Easy to get around?
Okay, so the location… it's pretty darn good. Right in the heart of the Ximending district. Think vibrant, bustling, a little overwhelming (in a good way!), and *loaded* with food options. You can literally stumble out of the hotel and be face-to-face with street food heaven. (Trust me, I did. Multiple times. It was glorious.) The MRT is super close too, so you can zip around Taipei with ease. Getting to the airport is a breeze - quick and simple. Honestly, location-wise, it's a win. Seriously, this place is perfect for shopping. My credit card took a serious beating in that neighborhood thanks to all the cute shops, but hey, at least I was well-fed and beautifully housed!
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they speak English? (Important!)
The staff at Suz & Catorze? They’re angels. Seriously. Every single person I encountered was friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English. I remember once, I was completely lost and confused – trying to figure out the directions to a specific dumpling shop. The front desk person, a lovely girl named (I think it was) Emily, took one look at my panicked face and not only drew me a map, but also called the restaurant to make sure they had availability. Talk about going the extra mile! Seriously, the service is absolutely top-notch. And they are genuinely *nice*. I feel like I was greeted with a smile everywhere I went. It's those small touches that make a big difference.
Okay, now for the food. Any good breakfast options? Or am I just doomed to roam the streets for sustenance?
Breakfast… ah, my Achilles heel. Okay, so the breakfast at Suz & Catorze isn't a *huge* spread like you might find at a massive chain hotel. But it’s perfectly adequate and delicious. They serve a mix of Western-style breakfast items (eggs, toast, pastries) and some local Taiwanese options, which is always a bonus. I'm not gonna lie, on the first day, I was a little disappointed - I was expecting a buffet bonanza. But then I tasted the freshly baked bread, and the perfectly scrambled eggs, and I realized … good things come in smaller packages. Plus, you're in Ximending! Street food is *everywhere*. I mean, the breakfast is good. But the *ramen* just steps from the hotel? That’s the real meal.
What's the vibe like? Is it a party hotel? A romantic getaway? A family-friendly place?
The vibe? Relaxed, stylish, and a little bit…cool. It's not a raging party hotel, thankfully. (Loud drunks are my travel nemesis.) It's more of a place where you can chill out, recharge, and enjoy a good cup of coffee while taking in the atmosphere. It's definitely a good spot for couples or solo travelers. I didn't see a ton of families, but I think it would work if you have older kids who could appreciate the design and location. I'd call it… chic but not pretentious. Comfortable but cutting edge. Does that even make sense? Probably not. Look, it's just a nice place to be, okay? I felt relaxed. I felt inspired. And I felt like I was actually *enjoying* my time in Taipei, not just ticking boxes off a tourist checklist. That feeling is invaluable.
Any downsides? What's the catch? Spill the tea!
Okay, okay, fine. No place is perfect. Here's the down-low: the rooms, while beautifully designed, aren’t huge. So if you're traveling with a ton of luggage or need massive amounts of space to feel comfortable, you might feel a little cramped. And the noise from the street can sometimes be a little… present. It's Taipei, after all! I’m a light sleeper, and one night I was seriously contemplating sending a strongly worded email to the construction crew that was working three doors down. But then I remembered *where* I was – in a bustling, vibrant city – and just put in earplugs. Problem solved. You can't really fault the hotel for *that*. The plugs situation was a bit annoying, and honestly, I wish there was a gym. But these are minor quibbles. The good far outweighs the bad here. Seriously, the fact that I'm even *mentioning* downsides just proves how much I loved this place. I’m just trying to be balanced, okay?
Would you stay there again? And would you recommend it? HonestlyHotel Search Today

