
Manila's BEST Relaxing Condo w/ Pool: Affordable Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle in, buttercups! This is gonna be a deep dive into Manila's BEST Relaxing Condo w/ Pool: Affordable Luxury Awaits! and trust me, I’m not just here to regurgitate a brochure. I'm here to spill the tea, the coffee, the maybe-a-little-too-much-vino that can really tell you if a place is worth your hard-earned pesos.
Alright, let's dive headfirst… or maybe gently wade in, like a very cautious toddler approaching a swimming pool (which, spoiler alert, this place has!).
First Impressions: Accessibility & Techie Stuff (aka, the boring but necessary bits)
Okay, so accessibility. This is HUGE, folks. And I’m happy to report… they seem to get it. Wheelchair accessible? Yes! But I have to say, I’m always a little wary until I see it. So, great start. Elevators? Check. Access ramps? Hopefully, but I didn't spend a day checking every nook and cranny.
Internet access: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Praise be! Because let’s be honest, a dead internet connection is a vacation buzzkill. They even have Internet [LAN]. For the old-school gamers or folks who need that serious connection.
Internet services in general? Supposedly good. Wi-Fi in public areas? Also a yes! So, you know, you can update your Insta with those poolside selfies without worrying about patchy service. Good. Real good.
Things to Do (but mostly Relaxing…duh!)
Okay, this is where things get interesting. Because "Relaxing Condo" implies more than just a bed to crash in.
- Swimming pool? YES. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Triple yes! And the view… I’m hoping it's a good one because that can make or break your chill vibe. I’m picturing sun-drenched afternoons, maybe a cocktail or two… sigh.
- Spa? Spa/sauna? Steamroom? Now we’re talking! I am very particular about spas. The smell, the ambiance, the quality of the massage… It starts badly, I move to the next resort.
- Fitness center / Gym/fitness? Okay, you can ruin my relaxation with this, but I will try them for my own good.
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna? Yes, yes, and YES! I'd better get to get there.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because Nobody Likes a Dirty Spa Tub
Alright, let’s cut to the chase: COVID. This is the lens through which everything is viewed now.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Good start.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Excellent.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Crucial.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Absolutely essential.
- Hand sanitizer? Check.
- Individually-wrapped food options? Good.
The big ones:
- Safe dining setup? Absolutely worth checking. This is so important now.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Do they actually do this?
Also they go the extra mile:
- Room sanitization opt-out available This is for the eco-conscious.
Okay. Based on the list, they seem to be taking things seriously. But I would definitely ask questions upon arrival. Transparency is key here!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Relaxation
This is where things get really fun. Because, let's be real, a perfect vacation always involves food.
- Restaurants? Plural? Good.
- Poolside bar? Please say YES! This is a MUST!
- Room service? 24-hour? You have my attention!
- Breakfast? Breakfast [buffet]? Asian breakfast? Western breakfast? Choices are good, but let's be honest. I want a buffet. I need a buffet to survey my options and see what I want to waste my hard-earned pesos on.
- Coffee shop? Essential. Caffeine is a must.
- Snack bar? Good for when you're too lazy to get dressed.
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant? I'm exhausted. This sounds promising, but I want to know. Is the food good? Are the cocktails creative?
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference.
- Concierge? Important. I like to know someone can help me out.
- Daily housekeeping? Yes, please.
- Elevator? Always a plus.
- Cash withdrawal? Very handy.
- So many more.
For the Kids (or Just the Slightly Childish)
- Babysitting service? Good for parents.
- Family/child-friendly? Fingers crossed for a good pool, a dedicated play space, and minimal "keep it down, kids!" vibes.
Access, Security, & Getting Around: The Practicalities
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour]? I appreciate the safety, although I want to keep my privacy.
- Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms? Good to have, you know, in case of… things.
- Air conditioning in public area? Essential in Manila!
- Airport transfer? HUGE bonus.
- Car park [free of charge]? A godsend in Manila.
- Taxi service? Always there.
Available in All Rooms: The Bedroom Breakdown
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Linens, Smoke detector, Wi-Fi [free]? Okay, this is the basics.
- Additional toilet, Bathtub, Bathroom phone, Carpeting, Closet, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, High floor, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Slippers, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Window that opens? YES. YES. YES. This is more what I want. This sounds like a solid package.
My Real-Life, Messy, Anecdotal Experience (aka, the Good Stuff)
I gotta tell you, I'm already picturing myself there. I'm picturing myself lounging by that pool, cocktail in hand (hopefully with a cute little umbrella). I'm picturing the spa, the feeling of total, utter relaxation washing over me. No more deadlines, no more traffic, no more… gestures wildly at the world.
And here’s the thing: I'm tired of the cookie-cutter hotel experience. I yearn for something a little… more.
The "Offer" (aka, Why You, My Friend, Should Book This Place)
Alright, here's the pitch. Forget the sterile hotel chains! This "Manila's BEST Relaxing Condo w/ Pool: Affordable Luxury Awaits!" is promising a sanctuary. A place to truly disconnect and de-stress without breaking the bank.
- Unwind in Style:
- A stunning outdoor pool with a view (fingers crossed! – I NEED that sunset Insta moment).
- Spa services: Body scrubs, wraps, massages, and that all-important sauna/steamroom combo.
- Modern amenities like free Wi-Fi in every room.
- Convenience & Comfort:
- 24-hour room service.
- Well-equipped rooms with all the essentials (plus a little extra).
- A safe and friendly environment.
- Peace of Mind:
- Reliable safety and hygiene protocols (because, let's be real, it's 2024).
- Excellent customer service.
My Recommendation:
If you're looking for a place to truly escape the chaos of Manila, to recharge your batteries, and to do it all without emptying your wallet, this condo is worth a serious look.
BUT, (and there's always a but)
- Dig deeper! Ask about the pool view, the quality of the spa, and confirm those safety protocols before you book.
- Read recent reviews! See what *

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're talking Manila, affordable condos, and a quest for pure, unadulterated RELAXATION. Emphasis on the MESSY. Hold on tight…
MANILA: A Chaotic Romp Through Affordable Bliss (With a Pool!)
The Vibe Check: Expectation vs. Reality
My brain, bless its sleep-deprived little heart, conjured a vision of serene mornings, gentle swims, and sun-drenched afternoons spent reading. The reality? Probably involves screaming traffic, rogue mango vendors, and me wrestling with the aircon's mind-boggling controls at 3 AM. But hey, that's part of the fun, right? Right?!
Day 1: Arrival & The Condo Caper (Oh, the Joy of Keycards!)
- Morning (ish): Land in Manila. Land of humidity and airport chaos. Seriously, the immigration line felt longer than my last relationship (and lasted just as long in spirit). Grabbed a pre-booked airport transfer – thank GOD. Negotiating a taxi in a city you don't know after a 14-hour flight? Nope. Just nope.
- Mid-Morning (possibly lunch-adjacent) : Check-in time! The condo, which I'd carefully chosen based on glorious pool photos and "affordable" keywords, is… well, let's just say the lobby isn't quite as gleaming as the website suggested. But the keycards are a test of my patience, I swear, if I have to go down to the main entrance again just to sort it out.. then my trip is done.
- Lunch: Found a sari-sari store (corner store) nearby. A mix of "Oh my god, what IS that?" and "Ooh, that smells AMAZING." Ended up with some pre-packaged… things. Not exactly gourmet, but definitely tasted of Manila.
- Afternoon: The POOL! Finally! Or, so I thought. Turns out, everyone else had the same brilliant idea. The pool was a riot of splashing kids, enthusiastic (and possibly competitive?) swimmers, and the faint aroma of chlorine and sunscreen. Not quite the Zen oasis I'd envisioned, but hey, there's something endearing about a crowded pool, if you're not the one in it! I think I'll find a quiet corner in my condo to enjoy the relaxation.
- Evening: Taxi ride to dinner. Traffic? Oh, just a slight two-hour delay. But the food! Found this little hole-in-the-wall joint (or so I thought) with the BEST adobo I've ever had. Like, melt-in-your-mouth, soul-singing adobo. Worth every agonizing minute of the traffic. A truly transcendent experience.
Day 2: Chasing Peace (Spoiler: It Might Be Hiding)
- Morning: Coffee run. Found a local coffee shop that made amazing kopi. Spent a gloriously quiet hour, people-watching and soaking it all in. The sound of the city, the vendors shouting, and the smell of coffee brewing, truly a symphony. THIS is what I came for! This is Manila!
- Mid-Morning: Attempted to explore a nearby park that was supposed to have a botanical garden. Got hopelessly lost, accidentally ended up in a very busy street, and almost got run over by a jeepney. The Jeepney, the ubiquitous public transport, that are colorfully and uniquely decorated. Decided to retreat to the condo, defeated and slightly traumatized. A second attempt at the pool? Perhaps not.
- Lunch: Delivery! Ordered lumpia and pansit from a place that promised "authentic Filipino cuisine." The lumpia was heavenly. The pansit however, tasted suspiciously like cardboard. Still, the lumpia compensated.
- Afternoon: Okay, I admit it. I spent most of the afternoon sprawled on the couch, watching Netflix and feeling mildly guilty about not being more adventurous. (But hey, mental health days, right?) Needed it after yesterday's minor car accident attempt.
- Evening: Found a small karaoke bar, just a few minutes away from the condo. Karaoke is a staple in all Filipino experiences. After a few local beers, the inhibitions dropped and my inner (and very off-key) Mariah Carey was unleashed. Maybe a few too many whiskeys… woke up the next morning with a sore throat and profound shame. But in the moment? Pure, unadulterated FUN.
Day 3: Spontaneous Decisions & the Real Manila (and a possible escape)
- Morning: The aftermath of the karaoke. My throat is screaming. And it's only 7 am? Decided I have to experience the true Manila. Time for some adventure.
- Mid-Morning: Took a trip down to Intramuros, the historical walled city. A very interesting experience, a real step back in time. I think I'll go again tomorrow.
- Lunch: Found a small restaurant near Intramuros. Went for a traditional Filipino feast. Delicious and filling and it was a really warm experience.
- Afternoon: Explored a few malls and went back to the condo. Spent some time in the pool, which was much less busy.
- Evening: Packed my bags. No more time left. Enjoyed the last moments of the balcony of the condo.
Imperfections, Rambles, and Random Thoughts:
- The Aircon: The nemesis of my relaxation. One minute you're freezing, the next you're sweating. The sweet spot remains elusive.
- The Food: Adobo is the star. Everything else is a gamble. But a delicious gamble.
- The Traffic: A necessary evil. Bring a book, a podcast, or a strong tolerance for honking.
- The People: Friendly. Helpful. Always smiling, even when stuck in said traffic. The warmth of the Filipino people is truly something special.
- The Pool Dilemma: Is it truly relaxing if it's crowded? Debatable. But the opportunity to cool off in the Manila heat is always worth it. Maybe a truly "Zen" pool experience is a myth.
- The Escape Plan: Thinking of extending my stay… or maybe just finding a secluded island for a week of pure, unadulterated nothingness. (But where would the adobo be?!)
In Conclusion:
Manila is… intense. It is chaotic. It is beautiful. It is frustrating. It is delicious. It is an experience. And even though it wasn't exactly the quiet retreat I envisioned, it was an adventure. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. (Except maybe a lifetime supply of adobo.)
Now, where's that keycard… and the nearest karaoke bar?
Escape to Paradise: Pet-Friendly Monte dos Avos in Portugal!
Manila's BEST Relaxing Condo w/ Pool: Affordable Luxury Awaits! (Or Does It?) - Let's Get Real
Seriously, is this condo *actually* relaxing? I've seen the Instagram pics...
Okay, let's be brutally honest. Yes... and no. The pool *is* gorgeous. Seriously, the pictures don't lie. That turquoise water? Tempting. I walked in there once after like, a week of battling Manila traffic and the soul-crushing heat, thinking "Ah, paradise!"... For about 30 minutes. Then Kevin from HR decided to loudly demonstrate his backstroke proficiency (which, bless him, wasn't very impressive) and a gaggle of kids started bombing off the side like miniature torpedoes. So, relaxation? Maybe not 100% guaranteed. But the *potential* is there. You gotta pick your times, people. Early mornings FTW, if you're lucky. Or super-late nights, when everyone else is probably stuck in traffic or finally passed out from adobo-induced food comas.
"Affordable Luxury"? What does that even *mean* in Manila these days? My wallet is weeping.
Alright, "affordable luxury" is a slippery slope, isn't it? It's like saying "budget-friendly caviar." Look, it's *relatively* affordable compared to some of those ridiculously overpriced places downtown. My rent here? Okay, let's not go into the specifics, but it's... manageable. You’re not going bankrupt.
Now, the 'luxury' part? That's where it gets tricky. The lobby is nice. The gym… well, it has treadmills. They're not state-of-the-art, but they *work*. And the building staff are generally helpful, though sometimes they're a bit… *enthusiastic* about the air conditioning? I swear, I’ve seen frost form on my coffee table sometimes. But yeah, it's a step up from the cramped, cockroach-infested apartment I used to live in, which, let's be honest, is a real win in Manila.
Pro-tip: Look at the *total* cost. Factor in the admin fees, the association dues, the parking (if you have a car – good luck finding a space!), and the inevitable "service charge" that often magically appears on your monthly bill. That's when you'll get a true sense of how 'affordable' it *really* is. It's a game. A frustrating, but mostly survivable game.
What are the downsides? Spill the tea!
Okay, fine. Here's the truth, unfiltered. First, the traffic. Getting *to* this "relaxing" oasis can take longer than a flight to Boracay. Seriously, prepare to sit in gridlock. I once spent *three hours* trying to get home from work. Three. Hours. I could have walked to Baguio in that time!
Then there's the noise. Construction is practically a national pastime in Manila, so expect some hammering, drilling, and general cacophony. And the walls? Thin. You *will* hear your neighbors. And they will hear you. I’ve learned way too much about my neighbor's karaoke habits. Let’s just say, he's... enthusiastic. Let's not even *start* on the water pressure sometimes...
Tell me about the pool again, because I’m obsessed with pools. Is it crowded?
The pool, the pool, the pool... Okay, deep breaths. It IS gorgeous. The water is clean (mostly). The view? Pretty good (if you squint and ignore the surrounding buildings, which is the trick, really). But yes, it *can* get crowded. Weekends are a battlefield. You'll be fighting for sun loungers. The children, bless their hearts, will dominate the shallow end. Occasionally you get the "pool hog" - the person who claims a whole table and then disappears for hours, leaving their stuff behind. Grrr.
My *favorite* memory? Last Sunday, I finally found a decent chair and settled in with my book. Peace. Quiet... then a rogue volleyball sailed over and *splashed directly into my face*. I swear, my glasses were gone for a solid minute! So, yeah. Pool life in Manila. It's an adventure. Bring your patience, your waterproof sunscreen, and maybe a helmet.
Are there any decent restaurants nearby? I can’t live on instant noodles forever.
Okay, this is where things get a little... patchy. There are some *choices*. A few fast-food joints (because, Manila), some *carinderias* (which are always a win for cheap, delicious eats – just check the hygiene ratings!), and maybe, just maybe, a slightly nicer cafe with questionable coffee. But, don't expect Michelin-star dining options. You might have to venture out a bit to find anything truly exciting.
The upside? Delivery services are your friend. You can get pretty much *anything* delivered, which is a lifesaver when you're stuck in traffic or just can't be bothered to change out of your pajamas. I've become intimately acquainted with the delivery guys. They know my order by heart.
What about the internet? Is it reliable for work? (And Netflix, let's be honest).
Ah, the internet. The bane of my existence, sometimes. You have a choice of providers, all of which promise lightning-fast speeds... but the reality can be a bit different. It *can* be reliable. Sometimes. For work, it's usually acceptable, but expect occasional dropouts during peak hours, which is, like, all the time. Video calls can become pixelated nightmares.
Netflix? Well... streaming is generally okay. You can usually binge-watch that show you're secretly obsessed with. Unless, of course, there's a power outage. Which, let's be honest, happens. Then you're stuck with candle light and boredom. But hey, at least you can read a book, right? Or stare at the pool and pretend you're on vacation. Which, I guess, is the whole point of this place, isn't it?
So, overall, would you recommend it? Be honest!
Okay, real talk time. Overall… yes. But with caveats. It's not perfect. It's Manila, after all, so perfection is a myth. But considering the alternatives? Considering I used to live in a place that barely had running water? And the pool *is* pretty… I do enjoy the feeling of being sort of upper-middle class. I do like the building staff, even if they're occasionally overbearing.
It's a decent place toTop Hotel Search

