Lombok's Hidden Paradise: Villa Almarik Resort Awaits!

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Lombok's Hidden Paradise: Villa Almarik Resort Awaits!

Lombok's Hidden Paradise: Villa Almarik Resort Awaits! – A Review (Warning: May Contain Enthusiasm and a Slight Overuse of Exclamation Points!)

Okay, people, listen up! I just got back from Villa Almarik Resort in Lombok, and I need to tell you everything. Seriously, this place… it's… well, let's just say I'm still dreaming of the turquoise water and the ridiculously friendly staff. Buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your average hotel review! This is a full-blown, slightly-obsessed, love letter to a hidden gem.

(First, a disclaimer: I'm not usually this gushy. But Villa Almarik… it got to me.)

Accessibility: Getting There & Around (Mostly) Easy Peasy!

Okay, let's start with the basics. Getting to Lombok? Pretty straightforward. Airport transfer organized by the resort? Seamless. Airport transfer is a must-have. Hotel chain – Nope. And that's part of its charm. Real and authentic. The Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and Valet parking are convenient.

Wheelchair accessible: I didn’t specifically test this feature. However, most public areas seemed fairly accessible, but I'd recommend checking with the resort directly to confirm specifics about individual rooms and pathways.

Getting Around: Once you're there, the resort is manageable. If you need a Taxi service, you can easily arrange it. The Exterior corridor helps, too.

Internet Access: Wi-Fi Whisperer & The LAN Labyrinth

Alright, crucial for us digital nomads (or just people who like Instagramming their sunset cocktails): Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hooray! And it actually works. I mean, relatively. The signal was decent, and definitely good enough for browsing, uploading photos, and, you know, pretending to work while secretly daydreaming about the pool. The Internet [LAN] is available, too, but let's be honest, who uses LAN anymore? And I have to say, there was a Laptop workspace that was brilliant. Perfect for those emails, or online games. Internet access – wireless:, and Internet access – LAN are available!

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: This is a tricky one. I didn’t specifically investigate this in detail, but the layout might present some challenges for wheelchair users. Again, confirm directly with the resort.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach Is Still Smiling!

Where do I even begin? The food at Villa Almarik… it’s a culinary adventure!

  • Restaurants: The main restaurant has a fantastic selection, and the seating is beautiful.
  • A la carte in restaurant: Yes, please!
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant: Delicious! I was in heaven with the Nasi Goreng.
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Plenty of tempting options.
  • Breakfast [buffet] & Breakfast service: The breakfast buffet was a masterpiece. Fresh fruit, pastries that practically melted in your mouth, and a selection of Asian and Western dishes. The Buffet in restaurant was top-notch. The Asian breakfast was worth waking up for!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant & Coffee shop: The coffee was strong, the tea was fragrant.
  • Poolside bar: Obviously! Perfect for sunset cocktails and sneaky afternoon snacks.
  • Desserts in restaurant: If you like desserts, you are going to LOVE these.
  • Happy hour: Yes! Because who doesn't love a bargain cocktail at golden hour?
  • Poolside bar: Because lounging and drinking by the pool is simply the best pastime there is.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Brilliant for late-night cravings.
  • Snack bar: The perfect quick fix, especially after all those hours in the sun.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: I did see some incredible veggie choices, too!

A little anecdote: I accidentally ordered three plates of the gado-gado one afternoon. Don't judge me, it was just that good!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound

The resort takes these seriously. Let me just list some great things about their attention to safety:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products
  • Daily disinfection in common areas
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing
  • Hygiene certification
  • Individually-wrapped food options
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
  • Physical distancing
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services
  • Rooms sanitized between stays
  • Safe dining setup
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
  • Staff trained in safety protocol
  • Sterilizing equipment
  • CCTV in common areas
  • CCTV outside property
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Non-smoking rooms
  • Safety/security feature
  • Security [24-hour]
  • Smoke alarms

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone? (Yes, Please!)

This is where Villa Almarik really shines. It's all about relaxation and well-being.

  • Spa: The spa is an oasis of calm.
  • Massage: I had a massage. It was heavenly. Seriously, the best I've ever had!
  • Body scrub: Yes, please!
  • Body wrap: Treat yourself!
  • Sauna & Steamroom: Perfect for detoxing.
  • Swimming pool: The outdoor swimming pool is stunning.
  • Pool with view: Oh, the view!
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: If you're feeling energetic, these are available too.

My biggest tip? Book a full-day spa experience. You won't regret it. Soak up the energy of the place with a foot bath, and enjoy the various spa/sauna features.

Rooms: Your Personal Paradise

The rooms… ah, the rooms! They are beautiful, spacious, and well-equipped.

  • Air conditioning (essential!)
  • Alarm clock
  • Bathrobes
  • Bathtub
  • Blackout curtains: Must have.
  • Coffee/tea maker
  • Complimentary tea: (always a nice touch)
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Desk
  • Extra long bed (a bonus for taller people!)
  • Free bottled water
  • Hair dryer
  • In-room safe box: Always great for extra protection.
  • Internet access – wireless (yesss!)
  • Ironing facilities
  • Linens
  • Mini bar: Great for drinks and snacks.
  • Mirror
  • Non-smoking
  • Private bathroom
  • Reading light
  • Refrigerator
  • Satellite/cable channels
  • Seating area
  • Separate shower/bathtub
  • Shower
  • Slippers
  • Smoke detector
  • Socket near the bed
  • Sofa
  • Soundproofing
  • Telephone
  • Toiletries
  • Towels
  • Umbrella
  • Wake-up service
  • Wi-Fi [free]
  • Window that opens

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything!

  • Air conditioning in public area
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events
  • Business facilities
  • Cash withdrawal
  • Concierge
  • Contactless check-in/out
  • Convenience store
  • Currency exchange
  • Dry cleaning
  • Elevator
  • Essential condiments
  • Facilities for disabled guests
  • Food delivery
  • Gift/souvenir shop
  • Indoor venue for special events
  • Invoice provided
  • Ironing service
  • Laundry service
  • Luggage storage
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • On-site event hosting
  • Outdoor venue for special events
  • Projector/LED display
  • Safety deposit boxes
  • Shrine
  • Smoking area
  • Terrace
  • Xerox/fax in business center

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!

  • Babysitting service
  • Family/child friendly
  • Kids facilities

Couple's Room: if you're planning a trip with your loved one, make sure to

Seoul's Oasis: Hongdae Deluxe D1 - Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Book Now

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your perfectly-manicured travel blog itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL. My chaotic, sun-kissed, probably slightly sunburned experience at Villa Almarik Resort in Lombok, Indonesia. Here goes… and brace yourselves, because I tend to ramble.

Villa Almarik: Lombok - My Indonesian Awakening (AKA The Time I Became One with the Sand)

Day 1: Arrival and the "OMG, I'm in Paradise" Phase… Followed by a Slight Panic

  • 8:00 AM (ish) - Wake up, Jet Lag is a B!tch: Drag myself out of bed in Jakarta (where, by the way, the traffic is a special kind of hell), finally made it to the Airport to get to Lombok. Already fantasizing about that first Bintang (the local beer).

  • 11:00 AM - Lombok Landing: The air hits me like a warm, jasmine-scented blanket. The airport (Praya, by the way) is small, efficient, and blessedly air-conditioned. Immediately feel relaxed after all that hassle.

  • 12:00 PM - The Villa Almarik Shuttle: This is where the dream begins. A friendly driver whisks me away. The ride to Villa Almarik? Pure visual poetry. Lush rice paddies, cheeky monkeys (seriously, they're everywhere!), and these little villages humming with a life I can't even begin to comprehend.

  • 1:30 PM - Check In & The Room… Oh, the Room: Walking into my bungalow… jaw. drops. Seriously. It's all thatched roofs, a HUGE four-poster bed with mosquito netting (thank God!), and a semi-outdoor bathroom. Instant Instagram gold. My brain short-circuits from the beauty. OMG, is this real life? That initial rush of excitement is quickly followed by a wave of existential dread. Am I worthy of this splendor? What if I screw it all up? (I have a talent for screwing things up.)

  • 2:30 PM - Lunch at the Resort Restaurant (Gili Air): Okay, gotta stay grounded! Ordered the Nasi Goreng (fried rice). It arrives – beautiful, fragrant, the kind of food that makes you want to hug the chef. The salty sea breeze, the turquoise water just beyond the restaurant… I feel my shoulders physically drop. This is what "zen" actually feels like. Except… I spill my iced tea. Classic.

  • 4:00 PM - Beach Reconnaissance & Slight Existential Crisis: The beach. White sand, palm trees swaying, the kind of blue that gives you a longing for something you didn't know you needed. I sit down, stare out at the ocean, and think about the purpose of my life. Nothing comes.

    • Observation: I've seen more tourists here than I expected. While Lombok is still far from Bali's manic bustle, The resort is packed but still calm, which is a relief. So far, my biggest worry is that I'll run out of sunscreen. That, and finding my inner peace.
  • 7:00 PM - Sunset Cocktails and The First Bintang: Watching the sunset over the Gili Islands while sipping on a Bintang is peak vacation. The fiery colors, the gentle lapping of the waves… pure magic. This is what I signed up for. This is why I work my butt off. I feel truly, completely, ridiculously happy.

    • Anecdote: I almost dropped my phone in the ocean trying to take a picture of the sunset. Thankfully, my reflexes (and maybe the universe?) saved it, but I definitely made a scene. People probably think I'm a total idiot. I'm not wrong.

Day 2: Snorkeling, Sunburns, and a Near-Death Experience (Okay, Maybe Not)

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast of Champions: Fresh fruit, Indonesian coffee, and a healthy dose of self-loathing about how much I’m eating. But hey, vacation calories don’t count, right?
  • 10:00 AM - Snorkeling Adventure!: Booked a snorkeling trip to Gili Air and Gili Meno. The boat ride is bumpy, and I'm already regretting not investing in Dramamine.
    • Quirky Observation: The boat captain has the sunniest disposition I’ve ever encountered. He laughs at everything, even my clumsy attempts to climb into the boat. "No worries, Miss!" he keeps exclaiming. I want to be like this man.
  • 11:00-1:00 PM - Snorkeling!:
    • Gili Air: Spectacular! Bright corals, clownfish (Nemo! I saw Nemo!), sea turtles gracefully gliding by. It's like swimming in a living, breathing aquarium. I feel like I’m in a Disney movie.
    • Gili Meno: Even better! The water is crystal clear. I am truly, mesmerized by the underwater world.
    • Imperfection Moment: I swallowed a mouthful of saltwater while trying to be all cool and adventurous. It tasted exactly how you'd imagine.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch on Gili Meno: Grilled fish, fresh mango juice, and a slight return of seasickness. I contemplate giving up on snorkeling and just becoming a professional beach bum.
  • 2:30 PM - Sunburn Disaster: I thought I applied enough sunscreen. I was wrong. My shoulders are now the color of a boiled lobster. Ouch. This will surely interfere with any future beach adventures.
  • 4:00 PM - Poolside Sloth Mode: Hiding under an umbrella, nursing my sunburn, and questioning all my life choices. Also contemplating another Bintang. Yes, Bintang will help.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner and the realization I'm falling in love with Indonesian food: The resort restaurant again. Tonight, I try Ayam Taliwang (spicy grilled chicken). OMG. My mouth is on fire, my eyes are watering, but I can't stop eating. It's the most delicious pain I've ever experienced. The food, the setting, the breeze… I'm happy.

Day 3: The Art of Doing Nothing (and Almost Everything)

  • 9:30 AM - Sleep In (Hallelujah!): My sunburn is still throbbing, so I decide to reward myself for doing the sensible thing!
  • 11:00 AM - Breakfast at the Villa.
  • 12:00 PM - Massage Time: Finally, a little pampering! The massage therapist is tiny but has hands of steel. She works out all the knots in my muscles. (And maybe a few in my soul.) I emerge feeling like a new woman. Or at least a slightly less-sunburned woman.
  • 2:00 PM - Beach Combing & Soul Searching: The beach again. This time, I actually walk along it, collecting seashells, and letting my thoughts wander.
    • Messy Thoughts: I'm starting to understand the appeal of "doing nothing." It's not about laziness; it's about allowing yourself to be. To just exist in the moment. That said, I still have about a thousand emails to answer when I get home.
  • 4:00 PM - Cooking Class: I feel like the most basic tourist, but I booked a cooking class! (What tourist doesn't want to learn how to cook?) It's an experience. I learn to make Gado Gado (the best vegetable salad you'll ever eat) and some other dishes that are absolutely gorgeous. The chef is patient and charming. I am absolutely useless, but I have fun.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner and the Evening Breeze: The resort again. Tonight, I'm adventurous and order something I can't pronounce. It's delicious. Everything is delicious. I think I may have also found my new favorite place.

Day 4: Saying Goodbye (and Secretly Planning a Return)

  • 9:00 AM - Last Breakfast: Sadness. Pancakes, strong coffee, and the realization that vacation is ending. I take a moment to appreciate every flavor, every smell, and every sight.
  • 10:00 AM - Final Swim & Packing: The beach one last time. I swim in the ocean, trying to soak up as much sun and saltwater as I can. Then I pack, mentally preparing for the return to reality.
  • 12:00 PM - Check Out: A bittersweet moment.
  • 1:00 PM - The Drive Back: The journey to the airport is just as scenic as the way in. I wave goodbye to the rice paddies and the cheeky monkeys.
  • 3:00 PM - Flight Home: As the plane takes off, I look out the window at the island shrinking below. The feeling of calm fades, replaced by a longing. I know I'll return to Villa Almarik one day. This place, and the people, will stay with me forever.

Final Thoughts:

Villa Almarik, Lombok, Indonesia. It wasn’t perfect. I got a sunburn. I spilled iced tea. I felt inadequate and overwhelmed at

Phuket Paradise: 1BR Infinity Pool, Gym, Steps from Naiyang Beach!

Book Now

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Lombok's Hidden Paradise: Villa Almarik Resort - Your Burning Questions Answered (and My Ramblings!)

Okay, spill the tea: Is Villa Almarik *really* as dreamy as it looks?

Okay, DREAMY. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's not like, *perfect* perfect. Real life, right? But... yeah, it's pretty darn close. Think postcards come to life. Turquoise water, pristine beach, the villas are gorgeous. I actually gasped when I walked into mine! Seriously, I nearly tripped over my own feet admiring the view. My wife, bless her, just rolled her eyes and said, "Are you going to unpack, or just stand there like a tourist?" (She's probably right, I *was* standing there like a tourist...). So yeah, dreamy. Just... don't expect a unicorn to bring you breakfast in bed. Though, knowing the staff, they'd probably try!

What's the vibe like? Is it all honeymooners and quiet book-readers? (Because I'm neither.)

Nope! Thankfully, it's not *just* honeymooners. Though, to be honest, there were a fair few gazing lovingly into each other's eyes. But, the vibe is more... relaxed luxury. Think flip-flops, not stilettos. Families with kids (who, bless them, were mostly well-behaved!), couples looking for a romantic getaway, and a few solo travelers soaking up the sun. I'd say it's a good mix. During my stay, I befriended a travel journalist (who, naturally, was *much* cooler than me), a family from Germany who were obsessed with the snorkeling, and a grumpy old man who, surprisingly, had a killer collection of vintage stamps. So yeah, diverse! And the staff? SO friendly, they make you feel like you're part of the family. (Even when you're clumsy enough to spill your cocktail all over yourself, which, ahem, I may or may not have done...)

The food... is it any good? Because good food is crucial!

Alright, food! This is a BIG one. Firstly, the breakfast buffet is a *must*. Fresh fruit galore, pastries to die for (seriously, I think I gained five pounds just from croissants), and the best omelet I’ve had in ages. The restaurant itself is really nice, right on the beach. And you can get pretty much whatever you want. The Indonesian dishes are incredible - the *nasi goreng* was a highlight. But, here’s the messy part: One night, after a *very* long day of snorkeling (more on that later), I ordered the grilled fish. Now, I’m not a fussy eater, but it was a little… tough. Not inedible, mind you. Just… not the best. I probably should have said something. But I was exhausted and hungry and just ate it anyway. The wife later told me I just looked disgruntled the whole time, and that maybe *that’s* why I looked ill the next day! Still give the food an A-, though. Everyone else raved about it, and honestly, the overall experience was still fantastic. Just, maybe avoid the grilled fish if you're feeling particularly particular.

Tell me about the beach and the water! The pictures look amazing...

Okay, the beach. The WATER. Oh. My. God. The pictures, yeah, good. But they *still* don't do it justice. It's that color of blue that doesn’t seem real. Crystal clear. Warm (but not too warm!). The sand is soft, white, and squeaky clean. And the snorkeling! I’m no Jacques Cousteau, but the coral and the fish… wow. I spent hours swimming with the most incredible creatures. I saw a huge sea turtle! A parrotfish that looked like it was wearing a rainbow sweater! Honestly, just the snorkeling alone is worth the trip. Now, a confession: I’m not the world’s strongest swimmer. One day, I got a bit too far out and started to panic. (Don't tell anyone!) Thank God for the friendly lifeguard, who came to my rescue. He just smiled and said, “You are okay, sir. Just relax.” And he was right! That’s the vibe. You feel safe, relaxed... and utterly spellbound by the sheer beauty of it all. That day, I think I really understood the meaning of "paradise".

What are the villas like? Are they luxurious?

Oh, the villas! Luxurious? Definitely. But, and this is important: luxurious in a *relaxed* way. Not stuffy or pretentious. Think beautiful wood furnishings, huge comfy beds (I slept like a log!), a private patio with a daybed (perfect for napping), and a bathroom that's basically a small spa. There was an outdoor shower... amazing! One small issue: the air conditioning in our villa had a funny habit of turning itself off at 3am! We only figured it out after a few sweaty nights. It wasn’t a HUGE problem, but, you know... a detail. And the cleaning staff were AMAZING too, my room was always spotless, even when I was making a mess. (I'm messy, okay?). So yes, absolutely luxurious. Just… pack a flashlight and maybe a spare pillow. You know, just in case.

Is there anything to *do* besides lie on the beach? (Asking for a friend... ahem.)

Yes! Although, let's be honest, lying on the beach is a pretty compelling argument. But, yes, there's more. Snorkeling (obviously!), diving (I chickened out, but everyone else raved about it), kayaking, paddleboarding. They have a really nice spa where you can get massages. And then, the excursions! You can go explore the surrounding islands, visit traditional villages, or take a cooking class. One afternoon, we took a boat trip to a nearby island, and it was… well, it was magic. Turquoise water again, white sand again, but with fewer people! We spent the day swimming, sunbathing, and just generally being in awe of the natural beauty around us. Then, there’s the sunsets… oh, the sunsets! Every night, a different masterpiece painted across the sky. Honestly, I just wanted to bottle it up and take it home with me. Also, in case you're interested in getting some actual 'doing', there's yoga on the beach.

The Staff - What are they like?

The staff are the HEART of the place. Seriously. They are incredible. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and genuinely seems to care about making your stay amazing. From the front desk to the waitstaff to the cleaning crew, everyone goes above and beyond. I'm useless with languages, but they all spoke great English, and were always happy to help me with my clumsy attempts at Indonesian phrases. They always greeted you with a smile, remembered your name (even when they really shouldn't have, after seeing me that disheveled), and were incredibly patient. One afternoon, I managed to lock myself out of my villa. (Clumsy, remember?) The staff had it sorted within minutes. They even apologized *to me*! They are incredible.
Wallet Friendly Stay

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia

Villa Almarik Resort Lombok Indonesia