Escape to Paradise: Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center Awaits!

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Escape to Paradise: Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center! Let's be honest, sometimes these "resort reviews" feel like they're written by robots. This one… not so much. I'm gonna give you the REAL DEAL, warts and all, because let's face it, travel is messy, unpredictable, and often hilarious.

Escape to Paradise: Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center Awaits! - The Unfiltered Truth (Warning: May Contain Rambling)

Right off the bat: Accessibility. This is a HUGE one for a lot of folks, myself included sometimes. So, Accessibility is a biggy - Facilities for disabled guests are listed, good! Is it perfect? I have no idea, I'm not testing that out. Hopefully, it's a solid effort to give people a fair shot. If you require specific accessibility options, call ahead directly to the hotel and get the lowdown yourself. Always do that. Don't just trust a website.

Okay, onto the meat and potatoes…or maybe the tempeh and tofu? Depends on your dining preferences, eh?

First Impressions (and the Inevitable Laundry List):

The sheer size of this place hits you. It's HUGE. Feels like a small city, actually. Which means… getting around might require a little planning. They have car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site], so that's a win. And Airport transfer is listed, which is a massive relief after a long flight. Seriously, nothing worse than haggling for a taxi when you're jet-lagged and your luggage is threatening to explode. There's also taxi service – good. And Valet parking for the fancy folk.

Rooms: The Good, the Meh, and the "Where's My Remote?!"

Alright, the rooms. They offer a LOT of things which makes me think they are trying to offer as much as possible. So, here goes: Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Phew. Seriously, they thought of everything. I'm a fan of the blackout curtains (sleep is sacred, people!), and the complimentary tea is a nice touch. But…a scale? In the room? I'm not sure if that's a perk or a subtle insult after a buffet breakfast. The in-room safe box is a must-have. And for those who need to stay connected, the Internet access – LAN and wireless is nice.

The Wi-Fi Saga:

Speaking of Internet… it says Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's the promise. The reality? Let's just say it's not always a smooth connection. I'm convinced WiFi is the bane of modern existence. Wi-Fi in public areas is also available, which is a small comfort if your room connection is acting up. Internet [LAN] is there too, but who uses that in 2024? Still, good to have options. The Internet services are therefore what you expect, internet!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Carnival of Choices (and Possibly Regret)

This place is a food factory. I mean that in the best way possible. They SERIOUSLY offer everything, which means your waistline may need a vacation after this one.

  • Restaurants: Oh, there are restaurants. Plural. Multiple. Probably too many for my poor, indecisive brain. The Asian cuisine in restaurant looks promising, and there's a Vegetarian restaurant!
  • Breakfast: Breakfast [buffet] is, of course, available, as is Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Coffee/tea in restaurant, I like a solid buffet, though. Pile it on! It's the only way to start the day. Breakfast in room is also a thing, which is pure luxury if you're feeling particularly lazy.
  • More Eating: There's a Coffee shop, a Snack bar, a Poolside bar (essential!), and a Bar for those evenings when you just need a stiff drink and a good moan about the world. A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Happy hour, etc.
  • Other Options: Alternative meal arrangement is also a shout if you have dietary needs. Bottle of water provided, which is a nice touch.

Anecdote Time (Because That's What You're Really Here For!):

I remember one morning, stumbling to the breakfast buffet after a particularly late night in the "bar." I was starving, and my eyeballs were still glued shut. I may have accidentally piled my plate with at least five different types of bread. And cake. Don't judge me. Then I found the durian - bless. It was a masterpiece, even if my partner refused to sit near me for the rest of the day. The Happy hour also got the better of me - so many choices!

Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and…Pool with a View?!

This is where the Novotel really shines. A proper resort NEEDS a good spa, and this one seems to deliver. Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] – yes, yes, and YES!

  • Spa and Wellness: They offer Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Steamroom, and Sauna. I do enjoy a good spa day. A massage is always an option. Sign. Me. Up.
  • Fitness Fanatics: Gym/fitness is there if you want to work off the buffet damage (no judgment!), and a Pool with view… well, who can resist that?
  • The Pool Experience: This is also a highlight! Big outdoor pool. Beautiful. Pure bliss. Just remember sunscreen!

Okay, let's get into the nitty-gritty stuff…

Cleanliness and Safety: Now More Important Than Ever

They seem to take this seriously, which is great. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. They've tried.

Things to Do (Besides Eat and Sleep):

They've got you covered.

  • For Events: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events.
  • For the Relaxed: Terrace, Shrine, Couple's room, Room decorations, Proposal spot
  • For the Fun: Things to do include exploring Bogor and enjoying the golf course!

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference

  • The Usual: 24-hour Front desk, Air conditioning in public area, Babysitting service, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Pets allowed (unavailable), Projector/LED display, Smoking area, Xerox/fax in business center.
  • Accessibility (Again): They list Facilities for disabled guests, which is awesome!
  • Contactless check-in/out sounds incredibly appealing, especially if you're the shy type.

Anecdote…Sort Of: The Staff.

The staff…they’re trying! Some shine, some…well, you know. I wish I could offer more details here, but my memory is hazy from the cocktails I was imbibing. (I swear, I’m a travel writer!) I'd say generally, with the size of the place, you might find service a bit uneven. But the friendliness and effort are generally present.

Final Verdict (and a Shameless Plug for Booking!):

Look, the Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center isn't perfect. No place is. But it's a solid choice if you're after a break

London Self Check-in: City Centre Bliss (Minutes Away!)

Book Now

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average itinerary. This is my trip to the Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center, Indonesia. Forget perfectly planned Pinterest boards, this is going to be a glorious, messy, and possibly slightly disastrous exploration of… well, Bogor.

Novotel Bogor: My Bogorian Odyssey - A (Highly Unreliable) Account

(Dates: Let's say… mid-October. Because November is probably booked solid with actual well-organized people.)

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and a Near-Disaster with a Banana Leaf

  • Morning (Jakarta Airport - The Pre-Bogor Blues): Okay, let's be honest, the Jakarta airport is… an experience. I’m convinced the baggage carousel is deliberately designed to confuse you. I was circling like a lost pigeon for a good twenty minutes before I found my suitcase. The air is thick, heavy with the scent of… something. I never quite figured it out, but it's definitely there.
  • Lunch (Jakarta to Bogor - Taxi Tango): Negotiating the taxi fare was a battle of wits. My Bahasa Indonesia is basically, "Terima kasih" (thank you), "Ya" (yes), and "Bintang" (the beer, obviously). I swear, the driver was trying to fleece me. After much pointing, Googling, and dramatic hand gestures, we struck a deal. Traffic? Oh sweet lord, the traffic. It was like a slow-motion ballet of honking horns and scooters weaving through lanes. We're talking two hours to Bogor. Two hours to internalize the phrase, "Sabr!" (patience).
  • Afternoon (Check-In and the Hotel Bliss Attempt): Finally! The Novotel. It actually looks like the pictures, which is a minor miracle in the travel world. Check-in was smooth, thankfully. My room overlooks the golf course. Lush, green, undeniably beautiful. I immediately dropped my bags, threw open the balcony doors and… breathed. Ah, peace. A false friend, I quickly discovered. Because I decided to try and unpack. My luggage, a testament to my packing skills, exploded. Clothes everywhere.
  • Attempted Dinner (and the Banana Leaf Incident): I was starving. I headed to the hotel restaurant, all eager for some authentic Indonesian cuisine. I ordered something with a beautiful, mysterious Indonesian name, which turned out to be… wrapped in a banana leaf. Looked amazing. Tasted… less amazing. I fought with said banana leaf for a good five minutes. It stubbornly refused to cooperate. I ended up looking like a toddler wrestling a particularly stubborn wrapper. The server, bless his heart, just smiled and brought me a fork. Victory, of sorts.

Day 2: Golf, Spa, and the Existential Crisis of Miniature Shampoo Bottles

  • Morning (Golfing Gambit – or, A Lesson in Humility): So, I thought I liked golf. I've swung a club a few times. Turns out, I'm more of a "swing and miss" type. The course is stunning. The views are spectacular. My golf game? A complete and utter embarrassment. I spent more time retrieving my ball from the undergrowth than actually playing. At one point, I accidentally hit a poor, innocent frog. I’m still mortified.
  • Midday (Spa Time – The Search for Zen Begins… and Ends): Okay, spa time. Yes, please. The massage was genuinely fantastic. I drifted into a state of blissful… whatever. Then, I noticed the tiny shampoo bottle. And the tiny conditioner bottle. And the tiny body wash bottle. And a wave of existential dread washed over me. The sheer volume of tiny plastic containers in the world. The waste. The… the pointlessness of it all. I spent the rest of the massage wrestling with the meaning of life, instead of truly relaxing.
  • Afternoon (Poolside Pondering and the Great Nap of the Day): I collapsed by the pool. Ordered a Bintang. Did a lot of staring at the sky. Realized that maybe, just maybe, the meaning of life wasn’t in tiny shampoo bottles. Took a glorious, guilt-free nap. Refueled and ready to roll, and I mean, what else do you want?
  • Evening (Dinner and another near-disaster.): Decided to be adventurous and order from the room service this time around. Ordered a plate of Nasi Goreng. It was a mountain of flavors and textures. The aftertaste? A bit too spicy. My face resembled a volcano. I was drinking water like there was no tomorrow.

Day 3: Bogor Exploration, Rain, and the Search for the Perfect Coffee.

  • Morning (Botanical Gardens – A Tropical Escape): The Bogor Botanical Gardens are a must-see. Absolutely sprawling. Lush. Green. Gorgeous. The sheer variety of plants blew my mind. I wandered around for hours, dodging downpours (because, Indonesia). I saw a massive, prehistoric-looking tree. I got a bit lost. I even had a close encounter with a monkey. It eyed me suspiciously.
  • Midday (Bogor City Adventure – The Coffee Quest): Bogor itself is charmingly chaotic. Motorbikes zipping everywhere. Street vendors selling everything imaginable. I made it my mission to find the perfect Indonesian coffee. The search involved a lot of wandering, a lot of pointing, and at least three different cafes. The verdict? Still searching. But the journey was worth it.
  • Afternoon (Rain, Reflections, and the Hotel's Unsung Hero): The rain started again. Tropical downpours are a thing of beauty. I retreated back to the hotel, completely soaked. Found a cozy corner in the lobby and just… watched the world go by. And then something amazing happened. A hotel staffer noticed me. He smiled, without question, and offered me a towel. I felt a surge of gratitude. Hospitality is like that in Indonesia. It is a small thing but it is genuinely felt and valued.
  • Evening (Dinner and Farewell): Farewell dinner at the hotel restaurant (again – convenience is a virtue). This time, I stuck with something predictable (and non-banana-leaf related). Reflecting and making plans for a return.

Day 4: Departure and the Lingering Scent of Adventure

  • Morning (Check-out Blues and Airport Antics): Check-out was… uneventful. The drive back to the airport was as torturous as the first.
  • Afternoon (Homeward Bound – With a Heart Full of Memories): As the plane climbed into the sky, I couldn't help but smile. Indonesia. Bogor. It was messy. It was imperfect. It was… unforgettable. And for the first time in a while, I was ok with everything else. The rain, the banana leaf, the tiny shampoo bottles. They were all part of the experience. And I wouldn’t change a thing. Well, maybe I would learn how to play golf. Maybe.

Final Thoughts (and Completely Unsolicited Advice):

  • Embrace the Chaos: Things will go wrong. Embrace it. Laugh about it. It’s part of the deal.
  • Talk to Locals: They are awesome. They are friendly. They will help you out.
  • Bring Bug Spray: Trust me on this.
  • Learn a Few Phrases: It'll go a long way.
  • Don't Be Afraid to Be Silly: Because, why not?

This is my version of Indonesia. Your experience will be different. But I highly recommend embracing the ride. It is, after all, what makes travel so very good. So… Selamat Jalan! (Good travels!)

Hanoi Haven: Your Dreamy Cozy Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Escape to Paradise: Novotel Bogor Golf Resort & Convention Center - Your Burning Questions Answered (and My Ramblings!)

Is Novotel Bogor REALLY as idyllic as the brochures make it look? Because, let's be honest, brochures LIE.

Okay, so the brochures? They're definitely, *definitely* playing up the fairy dust. But… hear me out. It's better. Or, it *can* be. Look, I went expecting… well, I expected a corporate-looking resort, right? One that *smiled* at you with perfectly-manicured lawns and a staff that probably *knew* all the right words. My expectations were, shall we say, lukewarm. This was for a "work retreat" – ugh, I hate the words "work retreat" already. But! The air… oh, the air. It's *different* in Bogor. Thicker, fresher, like you're breathing in… well, not smog, that's for sure. And the views… depending on your room, glorious. I did a little room-hopping - sneaky, I know! - to find the one with the best view. Ended up in a suite - another story for another day, involving me accidentally booking two rooms (long story… involve beer and a really enthusiastic travel agent). The view from my "accidental" suite? Stunning. Green, green, green. Just pure, glorious green. So, yeah, the brochures? They *under*sell the view. The rest? Well, let's get into that…

What's the deal with the golf course? I'm a total beginner, and I'm already picturing myself whiffling air and embarrassing myself.

Oh, the golf course. Right. Okay. So, I'm also a golfing *enthusiast* with, shall we say, more enthusiasm than skill. I went into this thinking, "Free golf! Finally, I'll learn!" Famous last words. The course *is* beautiful. Seriously, it's a lush, green landscape. *However*. Here's the thing: it's not *particularly* forgiving. Lots of water hazards (hello, lost balls!), tricky bunkers (hello, more lost balls!), and… well, a lot of people who actually know *how* to play golf. My experience? Let's just say I provided a lot of entertainment. My first drive? A majestic… *thud*. It barely made it off the tee. My second shot? Water. My third... well, let's just say other golfers strategically avoided my general vicinity for the rest of the day. The worst part? The *judgemental* looks from the other players as my ball repeatedly took a dive in the lake. Still, it was fun. Seriously, the sheer absurdity of my golfing ineptitude was hilarious. And the views… keep me distracted. Also, the golf cart is FUN.

Is the food any good? Because hotel food can be a crapshoot. Give me the *truth*.

Okay, truth time. The food at Novotel Bogor is… a mixed bag. The buffet breakfast? Pretty solid. They had this nasi goreng that was *amazing*. Seriously, I’d wake up just for that! And the fresh fruit selection was impressive. The coffee, however… let's just say it wasn't the highlight (bring your own instant, I say!) Lunch and dinner were a bit more… variable. The a la carte options were sometimes good, sometimes… less so. I had one plate of satay that was *divine*. The next night, it was… well, let's just say I was regretting not trying something new. One thing I will say: the poolside bar makes a *mean* margarita. And, importantly, the food court and small restaurants surrounding the resort also provide great options and better variety to satisfy you.

What about the rooms? Are they clean? Comfy? Do they have decent Wi-Fi? (Asking for a friend… who is me.)

The rooms are… generally, yes. Clean. Comfortable. But… let me tell you about my adventure with the Wi-Fi. First, yes, the rooms *are* pretty decent. The bed was REALLY comfy. The bathroom was clean. Everything *seemed* fine. Except… the Wi-Fi. Oh, the Wi-Fi. It was… spotty. Let's go with "spotty." I tried to work (hence the "work retreat" – ugh), but… connection dropped constantly. I tried different locations in the room. I tried different devices. I ended up spending half my time staring at the loading icon, willing it to *work*. I swear, I even considered sacrificing a small, inanimate object to the Wi-Fi gods. Then! I discovered the restaurant, and the WiFi worked much better! SO, my advice? If reliable internet access is crucial, maybe plan for some… *creative* solutions. (Bring your own hotspot or a good book!)

Is there anything to do besides golf? Because, as established, I'm not exactly a pro.

Yes! Thank goodness. Listen, even *I*, the master golfer (ahem), needed a break. The resort has a lovely pool – it's big, it's clean, and the loungers are comfy. There's a spa, which I, regrettably, skipped. (Massage and a stressful work retreat? Irony overload). There're also walking trails. (The trail to the restaurant and bar is well-used, but you can find others.) The surrounding area offers some interesting cultural attractions, like Bogor Botanical Garden or Culinary tours. The best part? Just… chilling. Seriously, after the initial Wi-Fi rage and the golfing humiliation, I embraced the "doing nothing" aspect. Reading a book by the pool, taking a nap, staring at the green… It's surprisingly restorative.

What's the overall vibe? Relaxed? Formal? Somewhere in between? How's the service?

The vibe is… in-between. It *tries* to be relaxed, but it can feel a little… corporate-y. Like, everyone is polite and efficient, but there's not necessarily a lot of genuine warmth. (Except for the staff at the poolside bar – those folks were fantastic! They made sure I was well-hydrated, especially after my golfing "achievements"). The service is generally good. Things get done. Requests are handled. Everyone speaks English, which is a bonus. However, there were a few times when it felt a little… impersonal. Almost like they were trained to say the right things, rather than actually *feeling* them. Still, I wouldn't let that deter you. The good outweighs the… slightly bland. And, hey, you're there to relax, right? So, grab a margarita, ignore the corporate-ness, and enjoy the view!

Would you go back? Be honest!

Nomadic Stays

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia

Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center Bogor Indonesia