
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Nakara Longbeach Resort, Koh Lanta
Escape to Paradise: Nakara Longbeach Resort - Koh Lanta: My Brain Dump of Bliss (and a Few Hiccups)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Nakara Longbeach Resort on Koh Lanta, and my head's still swimming with turquoise water and…well, let's just say it's a LOT to unpack. This isn't your typical hotel review; this is a full-blown emotional excavation, complete with sandy toes and sunburnt shoulders. And maybe a slight obsession with their pool.
First off, the whole "Escape to Paradise" thing? Yeah, they're not kidding. But paradise, like life, isn’t always perfectly curated Instagram posts. So, grab a cocktail, maybe a bottle of water (they give you one, sweet!) and let's dive in. Accessibility: Navigating the Dream vs. Reality
Okay, so let's be honest, accessibility is…tricky. The resort claims facilities for disabled guests. I’m not disabled, so my experience with this is second-hand. I did see a few ramps scattered around, but honestly, it felt like some areas might be a bit of a challenge. I felt bad I didn't have anything more definitive, but I am going to emphasize that if you need to be fully accessible, definitely contact the resort directly and ask specific questions. Don't rely solely on this review.
The Room & The Whole "In-Room" Situation:
My room (I think it was a Superior whatever; details are for suckers, right?) was all white and airy. The Air conditioning worked beautifully. Huge bonus points! I mean, hello, it's Thailand! The Blackout curtains saved my life from the merciless sun. The Bed? Oh, the bed. Extra-long, I swear. I slept hard. Like, waking up with drool on my pillow hard. The Bathroom was great, with the Separate shower/bathtub thing. Loved it. And don’t even get me started on the little touches like the Complimentary tea and the Slippers. So fluffy. So wonderful to slip into after a day of, you know, existing. My wife appreciated the daily housekeeping. The towels were plentiful (because I always used them). The safety deposit box? Secure and useful. The complimentary Wi-Fi access was a big plus. You know what's NOT a bonus? That I immediately forgot to shut the window one night and was eaten alive by mosquitos. My fault.
Rooms that have:
- Additional toilet
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobes
- Bathroom phone
- Bathtub
- Blackout curtains
- Carpeting
- Closet
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary tea
- Daily housekeeping
- Desk
- Extra long bed
- Free bottled water
- Hair dryer
- High floor
- In-room safe box
- Internet access – LAN
- Internet access – wireless
- Ironing facilities
- Laptop workspace
- Linens
- Mini bar
- Mirror
- Non-smoking
- On-demand movies
- Private bathroom
- Reading light
- Refrigerator
- Safety/security feature
- Satellite/cable channels
- Scale
- Seating area
- Separate shower/bathtub
- Shower
- Slippers
- Smoke detector
- Socket near the bed
- Sofa
- Soundproofing
- Telephone
- Toiletries
- Towels
- Umbrella
- Visual alarm
- Wake-up service
- Wi-Fi [free]
- Window that opens
- Available in all rooms
Internet – Wi-Fi & Beyond
THANK GOD for the Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Seriously, I have an addiction. I mean, a job that requires it… But yeah, internet access was solid, no buffering of any kind. The Internet [LAN]. Yeah, didn't use it. Who uses LAN anymore? But good to know it's there, I guess. Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Like You're in a Bubble… of Cleanliness
Okay, the COVID stuff. They take it seriously. I saw evidence of Anti-viral cleaning products everywhere. All the staff seemed to be trained in safety protocol. Rooms sanitized between stays. They were doing Daily disinfection in common areas, for sure. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere. Felt pretty safe, even with the occasional travel anxiety. But also, you can opt out of room sanitization, if you feel that's your preference.
- Anti-viral cleaning products
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Doctor/nurse on call
- First aid kit
- Hand sanitizer
- Hot water linen and laundry washing
- Hygiene certification
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Professional-grade sanitizing services
- Room sanitization opt-out available
- Rooms sanitized between stays
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Sterilizing equipment
Food, Glorious Food!
Alright, let's talk eats. Food is a MUST in Thailand. And Nakara didn't disappoint. Breakfast [buffet]? Yes, please. Asian breakfast? Yes, please. Western breakfast? Double yes. The buffet was a delightful mess of everything I wanted to eat, and some stuff I wasn't so sure about. But hey, variety is the spice of life, right? The International cuisine in restaurant was pretty standard; and the Asian cuisine in restaurant? Well, it was bloody delicious. I ate way too much Pad Thai. The soup? Sensational. The Poolside bar was dangerously convenient. The Coffee shop?. Good, but then again, I'm a coffee snob (sorry, not sorry). Restaurants?. Well yeah. There are a few! The Happy hour at the bar was brilliant! And one last thing: They had Vegetarian restaurant options.
- A la carte in restaurant
- Alternative meal arrangement
- Asian breakfast
- Asian cuisine in restaurant
- Bar
- Bottle of water
- Breakfast [buffet]
- Breakfast service
- Buffet in restaurant
- Coffee/tea in restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Desserts in restaurant
- Happy hour
- International cuisine in restaurant
- Poolside bar
- Restaurants
- Room service [24-hour]
- Salad in restaurant
- Snack bar
- Soup in restaurant
- Vegetarian restaurant
- Western breakfast
- Western cuisine in restaurant
Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Or, You Know, Just Exist in Bliss
Okay, the highlight reel. The pool! Oh. My. God. The Swimming pool [outdoor], specifically the Pool with view was like a siren song. I spent hours floating there, staring at the ocean. You have to do this. It was seriously, like, the perfect shade of blue. A body scrub? My wife got one, and emerged looking like a freshly polished goddess. The fitness center? I wanted to use it. But the pool won. I'll just say that the Sauna and Spa are worth it too.
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Fitness center
- Foot bath
- Gym/fitness
- Massage
- Pool with view
- Sauna
- Spa
- Spa/sauna
- Steamroom
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool [outdoor]
Services & Conveniences: Does the Elevator Go All the Way to Heaven?
The Facilities for disabled guests I already discussed. The Air conditioning in public area kept everything cool and comfortable. The Concierge was helpful, but look – I like to figure things out myself. I did enjoy the Gift/souvenir shop. But I was more interested in the pool. They had an Elevator, which was nice for getting to my room. The Laundry service was a lifesaver, and the Luggage storage was much appreciated.
- Air conditioning in public area
- Audio-visual equipment for special events
- Business facilities
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge
- Contactless check-in/out
- Convenience store
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Dry cleaning
- Elevator
- Essential condiments
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Food delivery
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Indoor venue for special events
- Invoice provided
- Ironing service
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Meetings
- Meeting stationery
- On-site event hosting
- Outdoor venue for special events
- Projector/LED display
- Safety deposit boxes
- Seminars
- Shrine
- Smoking area
- Terrace
- Wi-Fi for special events
- Xerox/fax in business center
For the Kids
The kids facilities were there. Though I don't have any kids.
- Babysitting service
- Family/child friendly
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
**Getting
Luxury Apartments in Kudrovo, Russia: Breathtaking Views & Unbelievable Deals!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is Koh Lanta, Nakara Longbeach Resort, and a whole lotta me trying to navigate paradise with a questionable sense of direction and a deep-seated love for Pad Thai. Prepare for a rollercoaster of sun, sand, and probably a near-miss with a rogue scooter.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pad Thai Quest (aka, Immediately Stuffing My Face)
- Morning (ish): The flight! Always a gamble, isn't it? Pray to the travel gods for no screaming babies (they failed me) and a window seat with a view (success!). Landed at Krabi Airport, the air already thick with that glorious tropical scent that makes you want to strip down and run into the ocean.
- Afternoon: Taxi to Nakara. The driver, bless his heart, had the A/C blasting, but the windows were down. Which, honestly, felt perfect. The lush green landscape whizzing by, the occasional water buffalo giving me the stink eye - pure bliss. Checked into Nakara. First impression? HOLY GUACAMOLE, the view! Ocean stretching out forever, turquoise water begging me to dive in. Room was… cozy. A bit of a struggle to get comfortable, but the balcony, the balcony was a total win.
- Mid-Afternoon: The Great Pad Thai Quest Begun! Okay, maybe not a quest, but a desperate search. Found a little shack down the beach with a ridiculously charming owner. Ordered Pad Thai. Waited with bated breath. First bite… angels sang, the sun shone brighter, my tastebuds did a little dance. Seriously, the best Pad Thai I've ever had. Maybe it was jet lag. Maybe the setting. Either way, I inhaled it. Twice.
- Evening: Sunset drinks at the resort's beach bar. Cocktails were… okay. I'm a cheap date, so the price tag gave me pause. The sunset, however, was free and absolutely stunning. Watched the sky explode with color, felt my shoulders relax, and thought, "Yep. This is what I needed." Had a really weird interaction with a guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt who kept saying "Aloha" even though we were in Thailand…
Day 2: Beach Bummin' & Motorbike Mishaps (and My Near Death Experience)
- Morning: Sleep. Glorious, uninterrupted sleep. Woke up to the sound of waves and the promise of another perfect day. Breakfast at the resort was decent. The coffee? Let's just say I wasn't expecting Starbucks. Spent the morning just… existing. Reading, staring at the ocean, feeling the sand between my toes. Pure, unadulterated beach bum bliss.
- Afternoon: The motorbike… Oh, the motorbike. Renting a scooter is a rite of passage, right? Figured I'd be a pro, zooming around like a local. Nope. The first five minutes, I was convinced I would die. I somehow managed to get a grip on the steering wheel, and the scooter wasn't so bad. But let me just say, I'm not a natural. Rode around, explored a bit. The island is beautiful. Lush, green, and dotted with hidden coves. Drove up a hill and almost fell over. Thought I was gonna die, that's when my vision went blurry, my hands started shaking, like in the movies. I wanted to scream. I was scared. I was scared, and I was alone. And that was a harsh feeling. The only thing in my brain was to get back, and return the bike. Took me almost an hour though.
- Evening: Dinner at a beachside restaurant. This time, I opted for the safety of a tuk-tuk (motorcycle-sidecar taxi) to get there. Seafood, grilled on the beach. Delicious, and so cheap! Drank a Chang beer, watched the waves crash, and breathed. Soothing. Talked to a couple from Canada, had a big laugh. They shared a similar story with me, but they were well over it. It was good company. Stumbled back to my room, utterly content.
Day 3: Island Hopping & Snorkeling (and My Fish Frenzy)
- Morning: Island hopping tour! Booked one through the resort. Woke up early to get ready. They offered breakfast, but I was still full from dinner last night. On the boat, I met a guy who was a travel blogger. We talked about the pros and cons of the life we live. And he was a total douchebag, kept trying to one-up everyone. He was annoying, but I had fun anyway. The views were breathtaking. We went to some small, deserted islands. The water - indescribably clear.
- Afternoon: Snorkeling! I'm not a strong swimmer, but I love the ocean. The coral was vibrant, the fish were all sorts of colors. I saw some clownfish. It was beautiful. Then… Fish. So many fish. They started swarming. The whole experience was terrifying. I panicked, swallowed some seawater, and briefly entertained the idea of just disappearing into the abyss. Finally, I found a new strength, and got back on the boat.
- Evening: Feeling a little seasick/traumatized from the fish incident. So I had a light dinner and stayed in the room. Watched terrible TV and fell asleep before sunset. It was a good night.
Day 4: Cooking Class & Market Mayhem (and the Curry Calamity)
- Morning: Cooking class! I'm a terrible cook, but I love to eat. The chef was amazing, patient, and hilarious. We made green curry (and I'm still not sure I got it right, but it tasted amazing), Pad Thai (again!), and mango sticky rice. Learned some cool tricks, got covered in curry, and had a blast.
- Afternoon: Visited the local market. The smells! The chaos! The sheer volume of exotic fruit! It was overwhelming in the best possible way. Almost got run over by a tuk-tuk, narrowly avoided buying a durian (the smell alone is enough to put anyone off), and bought some souvenirs that I'll probably regret later.
- Evening: Back at the resort. Enjoyed a massage. Pure bliss. Ordered room service. This time, I played it safe and ordered a chicken and veggie platter, and it was perfect.
Day 5: Departure & The Sadness of Leaving (and The Future)
- Morning: Last swim in the ocean. Last breakfast. Checked out of Nakara with a heavy heart. The scooter guys were friendly, so they helped me sort out the scooter, and getting me to the ferry. Was sad because I had such a great time.
- Afternoon: Ferry to the mainland.
- Evening: Flight home.
Final Thoughts:
Koh Lanta, you beautiful, messy beast. You gave me Pad Thai, paradise, and a near-death experience. You made me laugh, you made me cry (okay, maybe slightly). You reminded me that sometimes, the best adventures are the unplanned ones, the slightly chaotic ones, the ones where you’re utterly, gloriously human. I'll be back. And next time, I'm mastering that motorbike. Maybe.
Albufeira Luxury: Heated Pool Villa Sleeps 5!
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Nakara Longbeach Resort, Koh Lanta - Let's Get Real! (FAQ Edition)
Okay, I'm Tempted...Booking This Place - What's the REAL Deal?
Alright, look. Booking travel? It's a gamble. I went through about three dozen websites, felt like I aged ten years from comparing prices. Honestly? Book directly with the resort if you can. Sometimes you luck out with a slightly better deal and you get to bypass the whole third-party-booking tango. And the *stress* of potentially having to sort something out with some faceless customer service agent across the globe? No thanks.
Anecdote Alert! I once booked a "luxury" villa in Bali through a site that showed gorgeous photos and promised "impeccable service." Turns out, "impeccable" meant "the mosquito net had a hole the size of my head" and "service" meant "the guy who looked like he'd just woken up on the beach and spoke zero English." Avoid that. Nakara seemed pretty legit from what I saw. Still, do your research. Read reviews. And cross your fingers.
How Do I *Actually* Get *To* Paradise? (From Bangkok, or Anywhere Else)
This is a process. You're probably flying into Krabi or Trang. I chose Krabi. The airport is... well, it's an airport. Then you're dealing with a minivan or a ferry. I am not kidding, the ferry I took was a bit of a scrum.
My Advice? Book everything *ahead*. Seriously. Don't wing it. "Oh, I'll just find a taxi at the airport!" Famous last words, my friend. Plus, you're gonna be exhausted. Pre-arrange the whole thing. It's worth the extra few baht (or dollars, depending).
Oh, and a quick tip: If you're prone to motion sickness...bring something. That ferry can get *rocky*. I saw someone who looked like they’d just seen a ghost. That's not a good first impression of paradise.
Okay, I'm *There*. What's the Vibe at Nakara? Is it Really "Unbelievable"?
Okay, first impressions? Pretty darn good. Think: laid-back luxury. Not stuffy, not pretentious. It was like, “Hey, welcome to paradise. Here's a cold towel and a ridiculously refreshing drink.” And the lobby looked gorgeous. It really did. It felt like they actually *cared* about creating a zen space.
My Emotional Reaction: I actually breathed a sigh of relief. After the airport and ferry ordeal, it was like a deep, relaxing massage for the soul. I'm a stress-case, I freely admit it, and this was working.
Rambling Time!The rooms were beautiful. Some have pools, which is pure decadence. I went for a garden-view thing, which was still lovely but I did slightly glare in the direction of the private pool villas, because who wouldn't? The whole place is designed to make you unwind. The staff are genuinely friendly, not in that forced "have a nice day sir" way, but genuinely helpful. (Important point: tip well. They deserve it!)
The Rooms: Are They Actually Nice? Like, *REALLY* Nice? (And are the beds comfortable?)
Yes. Yes, they are. I'm not kidding: the rooms are genuinely well-designed. Nice wood, tasteful decor, and a bathroom that actually feels luxurious. *And* most importantly, the bed was supremely comfortable. It’s a very important thing. You spend a *lot* of time in bed, especially if you’re lazy like me and it’s raining. And the pillows? Heavenly.
Anecdote: I went for a bath one evening. I felt like I should be in a movie. There are some days where you just need a massive tub of bubbles and some bath salts.
Imperfection Alert: I did find *one* tiny ant in the bathroom. But, look, it's tropical. Little critters happen. Also, the hairdryer... it wasn't the best. Not the end of the world, though. Pack your own if you're fussy.
The Beach: Longbeach - Is it Really *Long* and *Beachy*? And, Crucially, Can You Swim?
Alright, here’s the deal. Yes, it’s long. Yes, it's beachy. And yes, you *can* swim. The sand is that perfect, powdery white stuff. The water is clear (mostly), and the waves are pretty gentle. It’s a wonderful place for a swim or just a lovely walk. And there are some amazing sunsets. It's really quite a spectacle.
Quirky Observation: I’m not really a beach person, to be honest. I prefer being in the shade with a book. But even *I* had to admit: the beach at Nakara is gorgeous. And, the water *feels* amazing. It's a serious case of sensory overload.
Emotional Reaction: Okay, I admit it: I felt a childish burst of joy. Running into the waves! Getting completely soaked! The sun on your face! Ahhhh! I felt like a kid again.
Food, Glorious Food: What's the Restaurant Situation Like? (And Is It Expensive?)
The food at Nakara? Pretty damn good. They have a main restaurant right on the beach, which is stunning. Breakfast is a buffet situation, with everything you could want: fresh fruit, eggs cooked to order, pastries, the works. Lunch and dinner are a la carte. The Thai food is excellent. Seriously, try the Pad Thai. It's seriously good.
Opinionated Alert: Yes, it's a little pricier than eating at a local place. But the quality is far superior, and the convenience is worth it. Plus: the view! Eating dinner with the sound of the waves lapping at the shore? Pure bliss.
Rambling Time: They do themed nights. Seafood night was *amazing*. Freshly grilled seafood, right on the beach. I went a bit crazy and ate way too much. I do recommend pacing yourself. It's easy to go overboard when you're relaxed and the food is so good. I found a small local place nearby, for cheap, tasty food. It's nice to have your meals at the resort and then a little adventure elsewhere.

