LASTANA SUITE UBUD: Bali's Hidden Paradise Awaits (Luxury Getaway!)

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD: Bali's Hidden Paradise Awaits (Luxury Getaway!)

LASTANA SUITE UBUD: Bali's Hidden Paradise…Or Just a Really Fancy Getaway? (Let's Find Out!)

Okay, so LASTANA SUITE UBUD. The tagline? "Bali's Hidden Paradise Awaits (Luxury Getaway!)" Sounds promising, right? Like, maybe I'd stumble upon an actual undiscovered gem, a place so secret even the monkeys haven't Instagrammed it yet. Look, I'm a sucker for a good "hidden" locale. So, I dove in. Let's break it down, shall we? Prepare for a real review, folks, quirks and all. And yeah, SEO stuff, because, you know, Gotta get those clicks!

Accessibility: Can I Actually Get There?

Ubud itself is… well, it's Ubud. Think winding roads. Think scooters. Think… a healthy dose of chaos. But LASTANA SUITE? They actually say they have facilities for disabled guests. (Facilities for disabled guests - check!) That's huge, because Bali isn’t exactly known for its smooth pavements. I'm guessing the car parking (Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking - All check) is a good starting point, and the elevator (Elevator - Check!) is a godsend. Of course, I didn't test the full extent of their accessible capabilities (I'm not disabled), but the promise is there, and that's important. Access to a luxurious, supposedly 'hidden' paradise? First hurdle, potentially cleared. Airport transfer (Airport transfer - check!) is also available, which is a relief for a solo traveller in a new country. Getting around is a breeze!

Inside the Bubble: The Rooms and Amenities (and the Wi-Fi, Oh God, the Wi-Fi!)

Right, so. Rooms. They've got "Available in all rooms" the usual suspects, plus a few exciting extras. Let's start there:

  • The Good Stuff: Air conditioning (check!), Alarm clock (check!), Bathrobes & Slippers (check, and YES!), Blackout curtains (THANK YOU!), Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Free bottled water (dehydration is a real threat in Bali!), hair dryer (my hair will thank me), In-room safe box, Internet access (wireless, LAN – ALL checked!), Ironing facilities (if you're into that), Mini bar, Private bathroom. I could go on.
  • The "Maybe I'll Actually Use/Benefit From That" Stuff: Extra long bed (score!), Interconnecting room(s) available (useful if you need two rooms), Laptop workspace (helpful), On-demand movies, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area (always nice), Separate shower/bathtub (Luxe!). And hey, "Additional toilet" (double check!)
  • The "Meh" Stuff: The scale. Do I really want to know?
  • Internet: Listen, the modern traveller’s biggest fear? Terrible Wi-Fi, the dreaded buffering wheel. They’re advertising "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" (Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free] - check!) And internet access - LAN (yesss!). I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not going to lie, bad Wi-Fi has the power to ruin a vacation. Internet services (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet access – wireless - triple check!). Thank God.

Relaxation Station: What's on Tap for Bliss?

Okay, so, let's talk about the really juicy part: relaxation. Lastana Suite is teaming with ways to chill out. Get this:

  • The Seriously Luxurious: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. (Seriously, you could live in the spa.)
  • Fitness Fanatics: Fitness center, Gym/fitness. (If you're the type who works out on vacation, more power to you!)

My Experience (a Bit All Over the Place, Just Like Life)

I went straight for the spa. I mean, come on. Body scrub? Body wrap? Sign me up! I splurged – I deserve it (a woman is never truly done splurging) - and had a Balinese massage. It was… transformative. The masseuse's hands were like magic, kneading away all the stress I'd accumulated – from the flight, from navigating the chaotic streets, from, well, life in general. This spa is where the magic truly happened. The view from the pool was… well, it was good. Very good. A nice pool with a nice view (Pool with view - CHECK!).

Food Glorious Food: Dining, Drinking, Snacking (and Surviving the Buffet)

Dining is a big deal, people. Are we talking culinary masterpieces or… mediocre hotel fare? Here's what they say:

  • Restaurants Galore: Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. The food options, my god!
  • More Goodness!: Asian breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Bottle of water, Breakfast in room (very fancy), Breakfast takeaway service (needed), Happy hour (because, well, it’s happy hour!), Room service [24-hour] (for those late-night cravings or when your too lazy to leave your bed).

My Food Adventure (the Good, the Bad, and the Questionable)

I was excited for the buffet. And the buffet experience… oh, the buffet experience. The first morning, it was a whirlwind. Fresh fruit, yes! Pastries, yes! But the lines for the omelet station… and the general crush of hungry guests. It was a little stressful, tbh. But the coffee? Delicious. And the fresh juice? Worth the price of admission. A perfect way to kickstart your day. I also tried the hotel restaurant for dinner one night. (Restaurants - check!) The international cuisine was passable. The Western cuisine (Western cuisine in restaurant - check!) was perfectly fine. Nothing mind-blowing, but perfectly acceptable. Safe dining setup (Safe dining setup - check!).

Keeping it Clean: Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, 2024) Oh boy. This is a big one.

  • Hygiene Hero Status: Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment (all - check!).
  • Safety First: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, First aid kit, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.
  • Medical Matters: Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit.

Seriously impressive safety and hygiene measures. I felt properly looked after, which is paramount.

The Perks and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Beyond the obvious, LASTANA SUITE offers a ton of extra services. It's the little details that can make or break your stay, right?

  • The Essentials: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge (yes!), Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
  • For the Kiddos: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
  • Getting Around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parkin, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.

My Quirky Observations (and a Touch of Honesty)

Okay, the "hidden paradise" moniker? It’s a stretch. But it's a very nice hotel. It’s more like a luxurious retreat than a secret hideaway. The staff were genuinely attentive and helpful (Staff trained in safety protocol - check!), but you wouldn't exactly be "roughing it" to find it. The rooms were luxurious, with nice touches, the bed was comfier than my own (Extra long bed - check!), the bathroom was spacious, and the soundproofing (Soundproof rooms - Check!) was an absolute godsend, blocking out the chaotic streets of Ubud very well. The breakfast buffet. Fine. But the location? Just a tad removed from the proper Ubud scene.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Look

Deoghar's Hidden Gem: Mangalam Inn - Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

Book Now

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going off the rails, Lastana Suite Ubud style. And by "we," I mean me, navigating this adventure with the grace of a caffeinated squirrel.

Lastana Suite Ubud: My Brain Dump on a Budget (Mostly)

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Jungle Immersion (aka, Panic Buying Bug Spray)

  • 1:00 PM: Landed in Denpasar. Smooth-ish entry, despite the lurking fear of losing my passport (which almost happened, but thank heavens for a super-zen security guy).
  • 2:30 PM: Taxi ride to Ubud. Traffic was…a thing. Learned the Balinese art of horn appreciation. It's a language all its own.
  • 3:30 PM: ARRIVED at Lastana Suite! Holy. Freaking. Cow. Pictures did not do this place justice. Infinity pool practically begging me to jump in. Room? More like a private villa. Bamboo, stone, frangipani… it's sensory overload in the best way.
  • 4:00 PM: The bug spray panic. The little voice in my head, the one that overthinks everything, was screaming "Mosquitoes! Dengue! ZIKA!!!" I needed it, I NEEDED it. This is my first real test of zen in this lush jungle.
  • 4:30 PM: Wandered aimlessly in the local shops, trying to find bug spray. The people are delightful! They see the sheer panic on my face and just smile at me. I buy some sarongs as a distraction from the looming threat of tiny, disease-ridden vampires.
  • 5:30 PM: FINALLY found the magic spray. Peace descends. Briefly.
  • 6:00 PM: Pool time! Dipped my toes in bliss. That was the plan, anyway. Turns out, there's a whole ecosystem thriving in this pool. Frogs, I see you. I choose to ignore the possible tiny water-dwelling creatures. This is my zen, right? Or maybe I just really like the water? It's the water.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner at the Lastana restaurant. I'm a sucker for a good nasi goreng, and theirs? Perfection. Ate with the gusto of someone convinced they'd just escaped certain death by mosquito.
  • 8:30 PM: The Jungle Symphony. (Or, my first night of trying to sleep through a cacophony of croaking, chirping, and the distant thrum of what I think is a motor scooter.) This is going to be a long night.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempted journaling session. "Bali… incredible… mosquito-free (for now)…" then proceeded to re-read and delete.

Day 2: Culture Shock, Monkey Business & A Spiritual Awakening (maybe?)

  • 7:00 AM: Woken up by a rooster who clearly has a vendetta against time zones. Sleep is a myth.
  • 8:00 AM: The included breakfast, which is delightful. It has fresh fruit. Also, the waiter is handsome, and my judgement is already clouded.
  • 9:00 AM: The Ubud Monkey Forest! I'm going in armed with bananas (or, the small fear I'll be swarmed by a horde of cheeky primates).
  • 9:30 AM: Monkey Forest – OMG. They're everywhere. They're hilarious. They're also judging your every move. One stole my water bottle (Karma will come for that little rascal, I swear).
  • 10:30 AM: Left the Monkey Forest, slightly scarred, mostly amused. Needed a strong coffee.
  • 11:30 AM: Explored the Ubud market. It's a riot of colors, smells, and aggressive bargaining. I’m convinced I overpaid for a ridiculously oversized straw hat, but hey, at least I have shade.
  • 1:00 PM: Late Lunch at a Warung overlooking rice paddies. I'm attempting to eat the local dishes. Is this how I become a local?
  • 2:00 PM: A yoga class. I'm not flexible. I'm not particularly coordinated. But I'm here. Sweating. Burning. "Finding my inner peace." The teacher is a very nice woman, and I'm very much aware of my thighs jiggling.
  • 3:30 PM: Massages at Lastana suite. Bliss. Utter, unadulterated, muscle-melting bliss. Honestly, I could live here, just cycling between massages and the pool.
  • 6:00 PM: The Rice Paddies, I'm making a point of visiting the rice paddies. It's a bit confusing. I walked a bit and got lost a bit. I took a picture or so. A farmer smiled.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner- back at the hotel. The first time I've ever ordered room service, and I think I'm in love.

Day 3: The Temple Tango & Volcano Views (and a near-disaster)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast, this time I'm not even surprised about the lack of sleep.
  • 9:00 AM: A driver is taking me to Taman Ayun Temple. The drive is stunning. I’m starting to get used to driving on the left side, though I nearly swerved into the rice paddies twice.
  • 9:30 AM: Finally at the temple. It's beautiful. The air is different. There is peace.
  • 10:00 AM: Mount Batur is on the horizon. I'm supposed to climb it one of these days.
  • 11:00 AM: Coffee plantation tour! Learned how they make the famous Kopi Luwak (the coffee where the beans go through the digestive system of a civet cat… I'll spare you the details, but it's… interesting). Also, the coffee is delicious.
  • 12:00 PM: Had a near disaster. I was looking at the beautiful views, and totally forgot to watch my step. Almost fell off a ledge. Almost. The embarrassment. The terror! Still have a slight tremble.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch with an amazing view of the volcano. The volcano is huge. I'm small. Life is grand.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel - I decided to take a nap. That near-death experience wiped me.
  • 4:00 PM: Booked a cooking class! Can't wait to create some food.
  • 6:30 PM: Attempted to do some laundry, but my washing machines skills are subpar. Messy.
  • 7:30 PM: Quick dinner and then went to bed early.

Day 4: Cooking Class & Departure Regrets (already)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The handsome waiter smiles. I'm not getting over him.
  • 9:00 AM: Cooking class! Sliced, diced, stir-fried, and somehow, didn't set anything on fire. The flavors are unbelievable. I'm now an expert cook.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the cooking class. I ate my own food! Amazing result.
  • 1:00 PM: Pool time. Last swim. Sulking about leaving.
  • 2:00 PM: Packing. Goodbye, beautiful clothes I'll never wear again. I'm going to miss this place.
  • 4:00 PM: Some last minute shopping.
  • 6:00 PM: Farewell dinner at a local restaurant, soaking in the atmosphere, trying to store every scent, every taste, every sound in my memory. I want to stay.
  • 7:00 PM: Contemplating extending my stay. Regret. Sadness.
  • 8:00 PM: Packing my bags… and probably crying a bit.
  • 9:00 PM: Last night at Lastana. Jungle symphony sounds like a lullaby now.

Day 5: Leaving Bali.

  • 1:00 AM: Wake up and say my final goodbye.
  • 2:00 AM: Off to the airport.
  • 4:00 AM: At the gate. I'll be back.

Final Thoughts:

This was my first travel diary. I was terrified. I was tired. I was bitten by something. But it was all so wonderful! I'm changed. Bali, you've got a piece of my heart (and possibly a few of my socks). Until next time, Ubud!

Skylodge Adventure: Palawan's Most Unbelievable Hotel!

Book Now

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD: Bali's Hidden Paradise Awaits (Let's Get Real!)

Alright, alright, let's talk Lastana Suite Ubud. Forget the perfectly curated Instagram feeds for a sec. I'm gonna spill the REAL tea, the messy, honest, sometimes-over-the-top tea about staying there. I felt like I'd *earned* this trip, you know? Been slogging away at… well, let’s just say the grind. So, Ubud. Luxury. Sounds perfect, right? Buckle up, because this is gonna be a ride.

Okay, so, "Hidden Paradise"? Is it actually... hidden? And is it paradise? (Be honest!)

Okay, "hidden." Kinda. It's not, like, *behind* a giant banana tree guarded by a grumpy monkey. You’ll find the drive up there is a little…winding. Which I actually loved! Really felt like you were escaping. But *is* it paradise? Ugh, that's a loaded question. The *views*? Yeah. Stunning. Like, jaw-dropping, picture-postcard gorgeous. Think lush rice paddies, the jungle whispering… It felt like someone had hit the "breathe deeply" button on my brain. BUT… remember, this is Bali. Things are a little…loosey-goosey. More on that later.

The Suites. Are they as luxurious as the website says? Spill the beans!

Alright, the suites. Gorgeous. Really. Big, airy, with those signature Balinese touches – the four-poster bed draped in mosquito netting (thank GOD, those little buggers were hungry!), the outdoor shower… I swear, showering under the stars with a frangipani flower floating in the water… pure bliss. I took approximately 30,000 selfies. They were *that* photogenic. Now, the "but" is coming… my shower *did* occasionally have a mind of its own with the water temperature so one day I was practically boiling then the next I was freezing! But whatever, it's part of the charm, right? (Maybe bring your own shower thermometer, just in case.)

Food! Must talk about the food. Tell me EVERYTHING!

Oh. MY. GOD. The food. Okay, so breakfast is included. This is IMPORTANT. And it's a feast! Fresh fruit, omelets cooked to order, STRONG coffee (essential for surviving the jet lag AND the sheer beauty of it all!). You could get your fill of Nasi Goreng, mie goreng and all you can eat rice (okay I'm not sure about the last one). They also did these phenomenal pancakes with local honey. Seriously, I'm still dreaming about those pancakes. The restaurant itself? The ambience is spot on. Candlelit dinners with the jungle sounds… romantic? Yes. Mosquito-laden? Also yes. (Again, that mosquito spray is your friend, people!). The restaurant was a bit slow one night, but listen, you are in Bali. Chill. Drink your Bintang and enjoy the wait. The friendly staff is ready to make you a memorable time!

Spa Day! Did you indulge? And was it truly as zen as the brochures promise?

Spa day? OH YES. I went full-on "boujee tourist" and booked myself a massage. The spa itself is idyllic. Surrounded by lush greenery. The masseuse? Magic hands! Pure, unadulterated bliss. After the massage? I took a nap. In a hammock. With a view of the rice paddies. It was... well, it was pretty damn close to zen. They'll give you a little tea and some fruit afterwards. Seriously, book a spa treatment. It would be a crime not to.

Okay, let's talk about the staff. Are they as amazing as everyone raves about?

The staff. Okay, this is where Lastana *really* shines. They are genuinely lovely. Seriously, the Balinese are some of the kindest people I've ever met. Always smiling, always helpful. My bag got temporarily lost on the journey, and the staff were SO helpful and understanding. They went above and beyond when I needed help. They really make you feel like you're being looked after. It's what makes the slight imperfections of the place feel really easy to forgive and forget.

Ubud itself! What's there to do? Beyond the suites, of course.

Ubud is *bursting* with stuff to do. Obviously, there's the Monkey Forest – which is an experience (and I mean that in both a good and a slightly terrifying way – those monkeys are cheeky!). There's the rice terraces, which are just stunning. There are yoga studios galore (I tried, I really did, but my flexibility is… limited). There are temples, art galleries, markets… you could easily spend a week exploring the area. The hotel offers shuttles into town, which is super convenient. But be prepared for traffic! It's Bali. It's part of the adventure. And also… I got caught in a downpour. The rain in Bali is torrential. Like, biblical. So pack an umbrella/poncho!

What's the best thing about Lastana, and what could be improved? (Be brutally honest!)

Best thing? The staff, hands down. The genuine warmth and friendliness made the whole experience. You felt like you were being welcomed into a family. The worst? Hmm… maybe the occasional wonky water temperature in the shower. And maybe, just maybe, a few more options for lunch (though the breakfast was so epic, it almost makes up for it). Honestly, I'm being nitpicky. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

The mosquito situation. Let's get real. How bad is it?

Okay, listen up. Mosquitoes. Are. A. Thing. This isn't a place where you can just, you know, *ignore* the possibility of itchy bites. Bring the good stuff. The heavy duty, DEET-laden stuff. Use it religiously. Especially in the evenings. They're most active after sunset. Yes, there's mosquito netting around the bed, which is a godsend, but they will find you. Trust me. They. Will. Find. You. I learned this the hard way-- waking up the first morning scratching like a maniac. But hey, it's jungle life! Embrace it (and the bug spray!). Honestly, it wasn't a deal breaker by any means. Just be prepared!

Popular Hotel Find

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia

LASTANA SUITE UBUD Bali Indonesia