
Bali Bliss: Garden View Junior Suite Awaits! (Royal Lodge NE39B)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the jungle of Bali Bliss: Garden View Junior Suite Awaits! (Royal Lodge NE39B). Forget the polished brochures; I’m gonna give you the real, messy, and totally honest truth. Because let's be real, sometimes the best travel stories aren't in the perfect resorts, they're in the little imperfections. And believe me, I've found a few…
First Impressions: The Garden View (and My Sanity)
The whole "Junior Suite" thing? Don't let the name fool you. It's ROOMY. Seriously. I was expecting a shoebox, and ended up with enough space to do interpretive dance… badly. The "garden view" is… sigh… well, it's there. Let’s just say, the garden is lush. And full of… well, a lot of stuff. Think vibrant green…and a few slightly overgrown patches. It's Bali, alright.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Maybe Bring Your Own Ramp?
Okay, let's be real, accessibility isn't this place's strongest suit. I saw an elevator, which is a huge plus, and that lifts a solid point. But the path to the pool? Well, I'm not using a wheelchair but it looked like it might be a challenge. There's no explicit mention of wheelchair-friendly rooms, which is a definite bummer. This hotel, sadly, has some ways to go in this department. But it's worth inquiring about specific needs, because sometimes they surprise you.
Inside the Suite: Comforts (and a Few Annoyances)
Okay, let’s talk details. Air conditioning? Glorious. Absolute lifesaver in the Bali heat. Blackout curtains? Crucial for sleeping in (and nursing that post-cocktail headache). Free Wi-Fi in every room? YES! Finally, a hotel that understands the importance of Instagram.
Now for the nitpicks. That "complimentary tea" left a bit to be desired. Think lukewarm water and a single, sad tea bag. The in-room safe was about as secure as a goldfish bowl. Like, seriously, could I trust it? I hid my valuables under a spare pillow. Ah, Bali.
Bathroom Bliss (and Brushstrokes of Frustration)
Separate shower/bathtub? Score! I’m a sucker for a good soak. The toiletries were… basic. Think standard hotel fare. Bring your own fancy conditioner, trust me. Hot water? Mostly reliable, though one morning it was a tepid trickle. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right?
Eat, Drink, and Be (Potentially Slightly Disappointed)
Alright, the food situation. Let's be clear: Bali Bliss, the dining experience, is… a journey!
- Restaurants: There are multiple restaurants, which is promising. Asian cuisine and Western cuisine, yay! Buffet in restaurant – good for variety. A la carte in restaurant – more options! Coffee shop: Yes! But my experience? Spotty. One morning, the buffet featured stale croissants and lukewarm coffee. I should have gone with the Asian breakfast.
- Room service: 24 hours? Amazing! I ordered a pizza at 3 AM - a bold move. It arrived… eventually. Let's just say it wasn't the best pizza I've ever had, but hey, I was hungry.
- Poolside Bar: This is where things get interesting. The vibe is great, and the cocktails are… pretty good. And who doesn’t love a Happy hour?
- Snack Bar: Good to have it!
- Vegetarian Restaurant - good to have it!
Relaxation Station: The Spa, the Pool (and Possibly a Mild Identity Crisis)
- Swimming pool? Yes! Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes! Pool with view? Depends on the time of day, the weather, and how many monkeys are frolicking in the trees. But mostly yes. I spent hours floating, thinking deep thoughts (mostly about what I was going to eat for dinner).
- Spa: Okay, the spa. This is where things get… well, let’s just call it “authentic.” The massage was good, but not earth-shattering. The Sauna, the Steamroom, the Foot bath were all standard fare. Was it a transformative experience? Nope. Was it relaxing? Absolutely. I walked out feeling like a slightly less stressed-out version of myself.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Didn't visit.
- Body scrub and wrap? Sounds like a good idea, would have love to see it!
Safety and Cleanliness: Feeling Relatively Secure (but Keep an Eye on Your Belongings)
- Rooms sanitized between stays: A definite plus.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Encouraging.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Makes me feel a bit better about touching things.
- Hand sanitizer is available, which is fantastic.
- Anti-viral cleaning products - important.
- CCTV in common areas and outside property: Provides peace of mind.
- Door Staff: Good to have it!
- Safety deposit boxes: Important!
Services and Conveniences: The Helpful Stuff (and the Slightly Less Helpful)
- Daily housekeeping? Wonderful. My room stayed (mostly) tidy.
- Concierge: Helpful, but sometimes a little… slow.
- Cash withdrawal: Essential. So easy!
- Luggage storage: Good to have!
- Laundry service: Did not use.
- Business facilities: Did not use.
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes!
- Food delivery: Did not use.
- Elevator: Yes!
- Facilities for disabled guests - we need more information.
- Pet unavailable - good to know.
- Smoking area: Yes
- Car park [free of charge] & Car park [on-site] - Good to have!
Things to Do (and Pretending to Be an Adventurer)
- Nearby attractions - not entirely sure what there are.
For the Kids (Because, well, Family)
- **Family/child friendly **- yes!
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge] & Car park [on-site], Taxi service are all available, which is great.
The Verdict (and a Rant)
Look, Bali Bliss isn't a flawless paradise. Some things could be improved, particularly the accessibility and the fine-tuning on the food. But! It has its charm. It’s a good base for exploring Bali - especially if you want to be away from the main tourist hubs. The staff are generally friendly, the rooms are comfortable (once you get past the "garden view" expectations), and the pool is a perfect way to melt away the day.
The Offer (Finally!) – Because, Honestly, You Deserve a Break Feeling the Bali blues? Bali Bliss might be the place. But.
- Book a Garden View Junior Suite (Royal Lodge-NE39B) for a minimum of three nights and receive:
- *A complimentary welcome drink (because you deserve it). *
- *20% OFF a spa treatment (because you really deserve it). *
- Free breakfast on your first day (because, let's just admit, sometimes the food is the best thing).
Why book now? Because Bali is calling, and this is the perfect place to unwind! Click the BOOK NOW button and prepare for your adventure!
Escape to Paradise: Castaways Resort & Spa Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is… well, my Bali plan. And trust me, it's gonna be a wild ride. We're talking Royal Lodge 1 BR Junior Room Garden View NE39B. Sounds posh, yeah? We'll see if I still feel that way after I wrestle with the airport chaos.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Gecko Hunt (and My Existential Crisis)
- 06:00 - 09:00 (ish): Jakarta to Bali. Ugh. Flying. I'm already dreading the recycled air and the inevitable seat assignment in the middle row. Pray for me. Pray harder if there's a screaming baby. (And honestly, is there ever not a screaming baby?)
- 09:00 - 11:00: Touchdown Denpasar Airport (DPS). Okay, deep breaths. Customs? God, I hope my passport photo still looks somewhat like me. That was taken years ago, before the existential dread really kicked in. Then… the throng. Oh, the beautiful, glorious throng. Hopefully, my pre-booked transfer won't abandon me to the vultures of the airport taxi mafia.
- 11:00 - 13:00: Transfer to Royal Lodge, check-in. This is it. My "luxury" oasis. Wish me luck that the Garden View actually has a garden, and not a sad patch of weeds facing a parking lot. I'm expecting a serene, Instagram-worthy experience.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Lunch at a local warung near the lodge. I need authentic Indonesian food. I'm dreaming of spicy sambals, fluffy rice, and the kind of flavors that make your tastebuds sing a joyful, holy chorus. I'm talking Nasi Goreng, Satay, and all the things that will probably make my delicate Western stomach cry in protest later. But worth it. 100% worth it.
- 14:00 - 16:00: Settle in. Unpack. Assess the gecko situation. I have a thing about geckos. I know they're good for the ecosystem, eat bugs, and are, like, cute to some people. But still. They're lizards. In my room. I am already envisioning a frantic, high-pitched shriek and a desperate call to reception. Maybe a whole existential conversation with the gecko, debating our shared existence. Who am I to judge this tiny creature? Am I just a human gecko? Is this Bali already breaking me?
- 16:00 - 18:00: Pool. Maybe. If I can't locate a gecko, I will find the hotel pool. I need to unwind. I need to soak up some sun. I will probably get a sunburn. Again. I'm starting to think sunscreen is a conspiracy to keep me inside.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner - Seminyak (somewhere cool and Instagrammable - let's be real). Alright, time for a night out. I aim to find a place. I'll need to make sure it's actually good and not some tourist trap. And, of course, take a million photos to prove I'm here. I'm hoping to bump into someone cool.
- 20:00 - Late: Wine or something. A relaxing end to the day. Hopefully. I'll need something to calm down my gecko-induced paranoia.
Day 2: Temples, Rice Paddies, and a Catastrophe of a Cooking Class.
- 08:00 - 09:00: Breakfast at the lodge, or maybe I'll be brave and venture out to find a local warung for some authentic Indonesian breakfast (if my stomach allows).
- 09:00 - 12:00: Explore a Temple. I might go full-on "Eat, Pray, Love." Maybe not the praying bit, but definitely the eating and the loving Bali. Ulun Danu Beratan looks beautiful, the ones with the lake. Be respectful, cover up, and try not to look like I'm about to stage a photo shoot for my travel blog but I probably will.
- 12:00 - 14:00: Rice Paddy Views & Lunch: Time to get that quintessential Bali photo. The Tegalalang Rice Terraces. I'll try to get a good shot. And by "good," I mean one that captures the beauty without looking like a complete idiot in front of all the other influencers.
- 14:00 - 18:00: The Cooking Class of Doom. Okay, I'm trying. I'm honestly trying to expand my culinary horizons. But I am an awful cook. Like, I've burnt toast before. This Indonesian Cooking Class is going to be a beautiful disaster. I'm anticipating a lot of smoke, probably a small fire, and a deep shame that will haunt me for years. At the end of the day, if I manage to make edible food, I'll consider it a win. If the food goes in the bin, well, at least I tried.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner: To soothe the wounds of my cooking class failure, I will either 1) Eat a delicious meal out to celebrate my cooking "abilities," or 2) Order room service and weep into my Nasi Goreng.
- 20:00 Onward: Probably collapse into bed, exhausted from being mildly useful, and start planning the next day's gecko-avoidance strategy. Maybe buy a flamethrower, just in case. (Just kidding. Mostly).
Day 3: Ocean, Sun, and… a Terrible Massage?
- 09:00 - 10:00: Finally, sleep is great.
- 10:00 - 12:00: Beach Day! Time to chase some waves. I'm going to Kuta. I know, I know, Kuta is tourist central. But the beach is beautiful, and I need to work on my tan.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch on the beach. Fresh seafood, toes in the sand, the ocean breeze… pure bliss. (Hopefully, the seagulls don't steal my food.)
- 13:00 - 15:00: Beach time. Swimming, sunbathing, maybe even a surfing lesson because why not?
- 15:00 - 16:00: Massage. Oh. Dear. God. Massages. A necessary luxury. Find a reputable place. I'll aim for a Balinese massage. I'm expecting a relaxing, soul-soothing experience. However, I know very well they can be anything from bliss to torture. I have a history of awkwardness during massages. Last time, I spent the entire time giggling uncontrollably. I can't.
- 16:00 - 18:00: Relaxing, or recovering from the massage.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner. I'm craving something more casual tonight. Street food? A local warung? Adventure!
- 20:00 Onward: Do something chill. Maybe find a bar. Read a book. Listen to the ocean. (And keep a wary eye out for rogue geckos.)
Day 4: Ubud, Monkeys and Spiritual Enlightenment (Maybe).
- 08:00 - 09:00: Early start! (For me, anyway). Breakfast.
- 09:00 - 11:00: Drive to Ubud. I hear it is beautiful. I'm prepared for traffic.
- 11:00 - 14:00: Monkey Forest. The Monkey Forest in Ubud. I. Am. Terrified. I know they're cute (kinda), but they're also wild, and I've heard horror stories about thieving monkeys. (And their tiny teeth, right?). My plan is to not make eye contact, hide all valuables, and walk through quickly, hoping to emerge unscathed. Wish me luck. If I disappear, send help.
- 14:00 - 15:00: Lunch in Ubud. I hope I will have the appetite after the Monkey Forest.
- 15:00 - 17:00: Relaxing and shopping time.
- 17:00 - 19:00: Dinner in Ubud.
- 19:00 - 20:00: Travel Back.
- 20:00 Onward: Rest. I will need it.
Day 5: The Great Goodbye.
- 08:00 - 09:00: A last breakfast. Do some journaling.
- 09:00 - 10:00: Pack.
- **10:00 - 12:0

Bali Bliss: Garden View Junior Suite - Royal Lodge NE39B - Your Questions (and My Ramblings!)
Okay, So, Royal Lodge NE39B - Is it REALLY as dreamy as it sounds?
Dreamy? Ugh, let's be real. I'm a cynic. But... it was *pretty* dreamy. Okay, fine, it was gorgeous. The "garden view"? Don't get your hopes *too* high. It's not like you're suspended in a Disney movie. You're looking at lush greenery... and maybe, just maybe, a friendly gecko. You know, the ones that chirp all night like tiny, hyperactive robots?
But the suite itself... yeah, that was the good stuff. Spacious, comfy bed (thank GOD for the AC; seriously, Bali heat is no joke!), and a bathroom that was bigger than my entire New York shoebox apartment. I spent a SOLID hour just luxuriating in the huge tub. My skin felt like a freaking goddess after that. Literally, I emerged feeling reborn. Then I promptly spilled red wine on my silk robe. Sigh. Perfection always has an imperfection, I guess.
What's the deal with the "Junior Suite" part? Is it worth the extra cash?
Look, money is always a factor, am I right? I hemmed and hawed about upgrading. Then I saw a photo of the Junior Suite... and I was already craving the space. My other half is a champion snorer; I needed somewhere I could, you know, breathe without being woken up by a foghorn.
And yeah, it was worth it. The extra space meant I could actually spread out my mountain of clothes (I always overpack, what can I say?). AND, it included a little seating area. Perfect for having a coffee (or, let's be honest, a morning cocktail) and planning my day. Trust me, after battling jet lag, that extra room is CHEAP at the price! It made my stay feel like a luxury rather than a scramble.
Anything about the Royal Lodge itself I should know? Is it noisy? What's the vibe?
The Royal Lodge is... charming. Think less "concrete jungle" and more "lush hideaway." The staff are unbelievably lovely. Over-the-top friendly. They'll remember your name AND your coffee order before you’ve even had a chance to ask. Their smiling faces were a daily joy.
Noise? Honestly, it depends. I lucked out and wasn't next to a main path or the pool. But, you're in Bali. There will be roosters. They're like nature's alarm clocks, but way, way more annoying. Earplugs are your friends! But generally? Relaxed and peaceful. Lots of couples, a few early retirees... mostly people just trying to chill and recover from the stresses of life. Just breathe!
Oh, and the breakfast!! They have the best mangoes. I'm still dreaming of those mangoes. Seriously. I'd go back just for the mangoes.
What about location? Is NE39B conveniently located within the Royal Lodge?
Okay, this is where my memory gets a little fuzzy. (The cocktails, you know?) But I *think* NE39B was pretty good. Not right next to the pool (thank the gods!), but not a marathon to get to it either. It was a little further from the main lobby, which was fine by me. More privacy!
I remember it being close to... ahh... the spa, I think. Yes. Because I was there EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Bali is all about relaxation and pampering, right? NE39B was a good jumping-off point for the rest of the resort. Not a bad location at all!
Any tips for making the most of my stay in NE39B?
YES! Okay, here's the insider scoop:
- Embrace the air con. Seriously. It's your best friend. And the humidity? It'll be you mortal enemy.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. The staff are AMAZING. Lost? Need a recommendation? Crave a midnight snack? They got you.
- Bring bug spray. Mosquitoes are relentless. It's a jungle out there (literally).
- Tip generously. It's appreciated, and the service deserves it. They work incredibly hard.
- Take a photo of your room key. I lost mine... twice. (Don't judge me!)
- Do a Balinese massage *immediately*. You deserve it. You NEED it. It’s a religious experience.
- Don't plan too much. Seriously. Just relax, go with the flow, and let Bali work its magic. (Unless you're a super planner, then, well, plan away. I'm still jealous of your organizational skills.)
And most importantly? Enjoy every single moment. Seriously. It's a beautiful place. And I'm super jealous you're going!
What was the *absolute* best part of staying in Royal Lodge NE39B? Spill the tea!
Okay, okay, prepare to be *very* jealous. (I’m already jealous of myself, honestly!) The best part? The little private balcony off the Junior Suite.
One morning, I'd woken up way too early (blame the jet lag again…). I wandered out onto the balcony with my coffee. The air was soft and warm, the sounds of the birds were chirping, and the sun was just starting to filter through the trees. I sat there and watched the sunrise casting gold on the lush greenery. It was one of those moments where your life feels perfectly, completely, right. The kind you try to hold onto forever. And then, a monkey swung down from the trees and stole my croissant.
Okay, the monkey was a slight interruption. BUT, that moment? *That* was pure Bali bliss. Even the monkey couldn't ruin that. I'll never forget it.

