Escape to Paradise: Baymont by Wyndham Page Lake Powell Awaits!

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Escape to Paradise: Baymont by Wyndham Page Lake Powell Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into a review of the aptly named… "Escape to Paradise: Baymont by Wyndham Page Lake Powell Awaits!" And trust me, after spending a week there, escaping is exactly what I felt like doing… in a GOOD way! Let's get messy, shall we?

First, the SEO Stuff (Gotta appease the robots, right?):

Keywords: Page, Lake Powell, Wyndham, Baymont, hotel review, accessibility, family friendly, swimming pool, free wifi, breakfast, spa, fitness center, pet-friendly, non-smoking rooms, restaurant, parking, airport transfer, Lake Powell lodging, Page AZ hotels.

Now, the REAL scoop… because frankly, the robots can go hang.

Okay, so picture this: I’m chasing my kids around, attempting to wrangle a stray bagel the size of a small planet, and simultaneously trying to keep my wife's meticulously planned itinerary ON TRACK. We needed a vacation. Like, needed it. And Baymont promised… well, an escape. Did it deliver? Let’s break it down, baby.

Getting There & Getting In (Accessibility & Arrival Chaos):

  • Accessibility: Listen, I'm not a mobility expert, but I did notice the elevator worked, and there are facilities for disabled guests, which is HUGE these days, so that's a big ol' thumbs up. We saw ramps and accessible areas, thankfully.
  • Arrival: We got there late because… kids. The check-in was… efficient. Contactless? I think so. My brain was fried. But hey, they had a doorman, which made me feel instantly classier. The elevator, being my best friend that day, was a godsend to get all the crap up to the room.
  • Airport Transfer: We did not use this, because we drove. But the option is there! Saved us from the airport madness.

The Room: My Temporary Sanctuary (and Closet):

  • Available in all rooms (what's available is kind of the point):
    • Air Conditioning: Praise the sun! Page gets HOT.
    • Alarm Clock: Fine.
    • Bathrobes: A nice touch, I'm not a bathrobe person.
    • Bathroom Phone: Not really sure why, but seemed fancy.
    • Bathtub, Separate shower/bathtub: Again, a nice touch.
    • Blackout Curtains: Needed.
    • Closet: Needed, especially for my wife's 700 outfits.
    • Coffee/tea maker: Crucial. My lifeblood.
    • Complimentary tea: See above.
    • Daily housekeeping: Always.
    • Desk: If I needed to work, I didn't.
    • Extra long bed: Thank goodness. I'm tall, damn it!
    • Free bottled water: Hydration is key, even on vacation.
    • Hair dryer: Essential for the Mrs.
    • High floor: We got one (thanks, Baymont!).
    • In-room safe box: For valuables, not snacks (or at least, not my snacks).
    • Interconnecting room(s) available: Perfect for families. We didn't get one, but good to know!
    • Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless: I need the internet, and they DELIVERED.
    • Ironing facilities: For the perfectly pressed people, so I obviously did not use.
    • Laptop workspace: Did not use.
    • Linens: CLEAN. Fresh. Bliss.
    • Mini bar: Nope. Sadly.
    • Mirror: Always welcome.
    • Non-smoking: BIG plus. My allergies are real.
    • On-demand movies: Good for kids at 3am.
    • Private bathroom: Yes.
    • Reading light: Never used.
    • Refrigerator: For the inevitable leftovers. Which there were many.
    • Safety/security feature: Yes, yes, yes.
    • Satellite/cable channels: Yep.
    • Scale: Terrifying, but available.
    • Seating area: Needed after a long day of hiking.
    • Separate shower/bathtub: (See above)
    • Shower: Yep.
    • Slippers: Nope, but good for some people, I assume.
    • Smoke detector: Always a good sign.
    • Socket near the bed: Thank you, technology gods.
    • Sofa: Yes.
    • Soundproofing: It worked, mostly. We did hear screaming kids sometimes, but that's par for the course.
    • Telephone: Still exists, apparently.
    • Toiletries: Fine, but I brought my own.
    • Towels: Clean!
    • Umbrella: Needed! It rained.
    • Visual alarm: Not me.
    • Wake-up service: Never used it (who needs an alarm with kids around?)
    • Wi-Fi [free]: Hallelujah!
    • Window that opens: Airflow!

The Amenities: Poolside Bliss (or Chaos, Depending on the Day):

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Fantastic, even with the occasional rogue pool noodle attack. We spent hours here. The kids loved it, and I could actually relax for a few precious minutes.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I saw it. I thought about it. I went to the pool instead.
  • Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna: Didn’t try it. I had to keep an eye on the kids.
  • Things to do, ways to relax: HIKING! Lake Powell is a playground, and it was awesome. The hotel is perfect for people looking for outdoor adventure and relaxation.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hangry Episode):

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast was decent. The usual suspects: eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit. They had a waffle maker! What more could you want?
  • Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant: Whew! Okay, so they had options. We actually ate at the restaurant once, and it was fine. Nothing mind-blowing, but filled bellies. There were other options within walking distance, which was an absolute lifesaver.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Never used, but good to know!
  • Alternative meal arrangement, Baby/kids meal, Bottle of water, Breakfast takeaway service, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Essential condiments, Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Snack bar: You get the picture. Food is available. Kids are fed. Victory.

Cleanliness & Safety (Because Let's Be Real, COVID):

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Super important. They took it seriously. I felt safe. That was a BIG win.
  • CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour]: I can testify that my room was clean, and that was enough.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and the Ones You Overlook):

  • Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: They had it ALL. Seriously. Everything except maybe a personal butler. I did use the convenient store more than I should have.

For the Kids (Because Happy Kids = Happy Parents):

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: They made it easy. Which. Is. EVERYTHING.
Uncover the Hidden Gem: O.U.M. HOTEL Uttaradit - Thailand's Best Kept Secret!

Book Now

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your typical pristine travel itinerary. This is a living, breathing ode to a trip to the Baymont by Wyndham in Page, Arizona, a place I’m already imagining will be… well, interesting. Here's a promise of chaos, beauty, and probably a whole lot of sunburn:

Day 1: The Arrival and the Questionable Pool Side

  • Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up in a cold sweat thinking I'd missed the flight. Turns out, I had plenty of time. Rookie mistake. Double-checked the passport, because, you know, the sheer terror of being stranded in any airport is enough to send me into a spiral. Grabbed a lukewarm coffee (because always).
  • Flight (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Smooth flight. Slept. Dreamed of vast canyons, maybe a little too much because I woke up drooling on my neighbor. Awkward small talk ensued.
  • Arrival at Page and the Baymont (12:00 PM): Okay, here we are. First impressions? The Baymont exterior seems… functional. Let's just say it has a certain "early 2000s motel chic" vibe. The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and… something else. I couldn’t quite place it, but it wasn’t entirely unpleasant. More importantly, the check-in clerk was actually cheerful. A good sign, maybe?
  • Room Check (1:00 PM): The room? Cleanish. Standard hotel fare. Definitely missing the luxury spa towels you'd see in the "other" hotels. The air conditioning, thankfully, works. That's crucial in the desert. Took a moment to sit on the bed and breathe. Had to get my bearings straight and re-organize myself..
  • Poolside Shenanigans (3:00 PM): This is where things get… interesting. Pool. It was small. And I could see a few people already there. This is where I started to question myself. Should I go? What if I made a total fool of myself? I went in. And then… I saw it. The pool looked a bit sad at this point. The tiling was a little off, the chairs slightly worn, and there were, shall we say, questionable stains on the umbrella. I opted for sunbathing.
  • Dinner with a View (6:00 PM): Drove to a restaurant overlooking the Glen Canyon Dam. The view was stunning. Like, breathtakingly beautiful. I devoured a steak, partly because I was hungry but also partly because I felt compelled to appreciate every single chew. Watched the sunset, cried a little (happy tears!), felt like I was having a real good time, then got slightly lost on the way back to the hotel.
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Back at the Baymont. Debating whether to risk the pool again. Maybe. Maybe not. Mostly just want to collapse into bed, but can't sleep. I decided to go again, so no one got a chance to see anything questionable.

Day 2: Antelope Canyon and the Great Unanswered Question

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Woke up bright and early, fueled by the fear of missing Antelope Canyon. After that, the question of what exactly I would see.
  • Antelope Canyon Tour (8:00 AM): Booked a tour. Packed water. Sunscreen x1000. The canyon itself? Unreal. The light! The colors! Pure, unadulterated, awe-inspiring beauty. It's all everyone says it is. I took a billion pictures, knowing full well that none of them would truly capture the power of being there. The tour guide was a nice guy, but all he kept doing was talking about the best angles to take pictures, and I got so irritated at his need to be in control of the entire experience, i.e. I had a moment.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM): Hit up a local diner for a burger and fries. I was starving. I felt completely and utterly exhilarated, and really, deeply grateful.
  • Lake Powell Boat Tour (2:00 PM): I was so ready for this, but I didn't realize how much I needed to prepare before this happened. It was the hardest experience I've ever had. I cried, I wanted to scream, and at this point I didn’t even want to show my face in public, but I took a deep breath. Sat on the boat, staring. Watching the water. I started to feel better.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Back at the hotel, exhausted. I'm not entirely sure what happened, or if it was me or the canyon or the water. I didn't think I could do it, but here I am. The view, the moment… I guess that’s what I came for.

Day 3: Departure and Lingering Ghosts

  • Morning (7:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. Free continental. I am a sucker for free breakfast. It was decent.
  • Last Look (8:00 AM): One final drive around Page. Visited Horseshoe Bend. Stood on the edge, taking in the view. It's gorgeous, of course, but I can´t shake the feeling that I should have stayed a bit more.
  • Departure (10:00 AM): Flying back. I'm tired but happy. I found a deeper appreciation for beauty, and I realize that I should have loved and embraced every moment of my life.
  • Emotional Fallout (All Day): Processing EVERYTHING. The canyon, the lake, the hotel, the weird smell in the lobby. The whole experience. Contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and why my sunblock always seems to run out halfway through a trip. I’m left with a whole bunch of questions and a longing to return.

In Conclusion:

The Baymont? It was… a place. But the experience? The canyon, the water, the exhaustion, the moments of sheer, unadulterated beauty? That's what made the trip. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Just go with low expectations, a sense of humor, and a whole lot of sunscreen. And maybe some earplugs for the questionable pool. And just maybe… be ready to question, and change who you are.

Unbelievable Gulmarg Palace: Your Dreamy Kashmir Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Escape to Paradise: Baymont by Wyndham Page Lake Powell Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQ & Rambling Rants

Okay, so…what *is* this "Escape to Paradise" thing, exactly? Sounds a bit…optimistic, no?

Alright, alright. "Escape to Paradise" is the tagline for the Baymont by Wyndham in Page, Arizona, which, let's be honest, *does* put you closer to some seriously stunning scenery. Lake Powell? Horseshoe Bend? C'mon, you're practically drooling just thinking about it. Paradise? Well, that depends on your definition. More on that later. I'll be honest, the marketing material promises golden sunsets and shimmering turquoise waters. I'm here to tell you…the reality *sometimes* lives up to the hype. And sometimes…well, sometimes you’re wrestling with a wonky air conditioner at 3 AM and wondering if you accidentally booked into a motel from the 70s.

Is the Baymont actually…okay? Or should I just brace myself for the worst? (Be honest!)

Okay, deep breaths. Honesty time. It's…decent. Let's put it that way. It’s not the Ritz. Don't expect gilded faucets and a butler. Think…clean-ish. Comfortable-ish. The beds are actually pretty comfy, which is a huge win after a full day of hiking in the desert. The pool…well, I took one plunge. It was…refreshing. (Translation: It wasn't exactly crystal clear, but it did the trick.) The free breakfast? Standard continental fare. Think bagels, stale-ish pastries, and the ever-present mystery juice from a questionable dispenser. But hey, it’s free, and you’re fueled up enough to fight off, well, the desert heat. So, yeah, it’s okay. Manage your expectations, and you’ll probably be pleasantly surprised. Or at least, not horrified.

Location, location, location! How close *are* they to the good stuff - Lake Powell, Horseshoe Bend, etc.?

This is where the Baymont shines! The location is actually pretty darn good. Seriously, it *is* a prime spot. You're a short drive from practically everything. Horseshoe Bend? Easy peasy. Lake Powell? A quick hop, skip, and a jump. Antelope Canyon tours? Minutes away (though, book *way* in advance, people! Seriously, don't be like me and wing it). Being close to the action is a HUGE advantage. After a scorching day exploring, it's a relief to just…flop. Back at the hotel. So, A+ for location. Definitely a major selling point. Made the heat bearable, if I'm honest. I’d drive back and just because of this.

What about the rooms? Clean? Spacious? Or should I bring my own hazmat suit?

Okay, the rooms…they’re fine. Honestly. They're not palatial, but they're not cramped either. I stayed in a king room, and it was…roomy enough. Cleanliness? Well, the sheets *looked* clean. The bathroom…well, let’s just say I gave it a once-over with the antibacterial wipes I *always* pack. (It's a life skill, people!). The decor? Dated. Let’s just call it “vintage beige.” Think beige walls, beige furniture, and beige…everything. It's not exactly Instagram-worthy, but it gets the job done. My biggest complaint? The air conditioning. Holy moly. It sounded like a jet engine taking off, and it either froze you to death or did absolutely nothing. There were times I'd wake up in a cold sweat, convinced I was melting into the mattress. But hey, it was marginally better than the desert heat outside, so…win? It's a toss-up, honestly.

The free breakfast. Spill the beans. Is this a highlight, or should I just hit up the local Denny's?

Okay, the breakfast. Let's be real. It's…free. And that's the best thing you can say about it. Think the usual suspects: stale-ish bagels, pre-packaged muffins that taste vaguely of cardboard, and what I can only describe as "mystery juice" that comes out of a tap resembling a…well, I won't go there. There's usually some scrambled eggs that look a little…questionable, and maybe some sad-looking sausage patties. My advice? Grab a bagel (they’re usually the safest bet), load up on the fruit (if they have any that aren't bruised to hell), and maybe, just maybe, risk a cup of coffee. Don’t expect miracles. It's fuel. It'll get you started. If you have high expectations for breakfast, run. Run to Denny's, or maybe even a decent coffee shop, I'm not kidding, this is not worth it. I'm being honest. (But hey, at least it's free. Silver linings, people!)

Pool time! Is the pool worth a dip, or is it more like a murky swamp of regret?

Okay, the pool. This is where things get…interesting. The pool area is actually quite pleasant. There are sun loungers, and some umbrellas. It's a nice place to relax after a long day hiking. The water itself? Well, let's just say I've seen clearer. It's not exactly shimmering turquoise. I'm not going to say it was green and murky, but it wasn't exactly crystal clear. I braved a quick dip, and…it was refreshing. It did the job. It cooled me down after a scorching day. Were there leaves? Possibly. Did I find a rogue bug? Maybe. Did I shriek and run away? Nope. We're talking about how dirty the water was...it was not the cleanest pool. But the water saved my life from the desert heat. It's a good option to chill out.

What about the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or are they just going through the motions?

The staff? They were…fine. Not overly friendly, not overly…anything. They were efficient. They checked me in, gave me a key, and answered my questions without making me feel like a complete idiot. Which, let's be honest, is a win in my book. They did the job. No complaints about the staff. They weren't the kind of people who go above and beyond. But they were polite, and that's enough for me. I didn't need a hand-holding experience, I just needed a place to crash and they helped me crash. So, a solid "meh" from me. Which, for a hotel, is acceptable.

Stay Finder Review

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States

Baymont By Wyndham Page Lake Powell Page (AZ) United States