Escape to Paradise: Veranda Tamarin's Luxurious Mauritius Getaway

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Escape to Paradise: Veranda Tamarin's Luxurious Mauritius Getaway

Escape to Paradise: Veranda Tamarin - My Messy, Wonderful Mauritius Meltdown (of Joy)

Okay, so I’ve just gotten back from Veranda Tamarin in Mauritius. And honestly? My brain is still swimming in turquoise water and the faint aroma of sunshine and… well, let's just say a LOT of delicious food. This isn't going to be your typical, polished hotel review. This is a real-life account, complete with all my awkwardness, over-enthusiasm, and the occasional grumpy moment. Prepare for a rollercoaster, folks!

First, a Big "Yes!" - Accessibility & Comfort (and a little bit of "Woof!")

Let's start with the serious stuff. Accessibility. I’m not personally using a wheelchair, but I do appreciate seeing hotels that genuinely cater to everyone. Veranda Tamarin gets a solid thumbs up. They have thought about facilities for disabled guests, with an elevator and that's a good start. The rooms are equipped with things that could really help when needed.

Internet, Glorious Internet (and the occasional buffering nightmare…)

Alright, let's talk connectivity. Free Wi-Fi everywhere! In your room, in public areas, even seemingly under the palm trees (though, let's get real, sometimes the signal wasn't as strong as my desire for a mimosa). They offer LAN internet too which I found a bit strange at first but I can see the appeal if you're a gamer or something. Overall, pretty solid internet, but prepare for the occasional buffering hiccup that’ll make you wanna scream into your pillow (especially if you're trying to upload that stunning sunset picture!).

Safety First (Unless You're Me, Then It's Maybe Later)

Okay, safety. Veranda Tamarin really takes it seriously. They have cameras everywhere (CCTV in common areas & outside), security 24/7, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors… you name it. I’m sure it’s all comforting for the logical, rational part of your brain. For me? It was maybe too much at first. I tend to wander around in a daze, bumping into things. So seeing all the security felt like I was being watched! Eventually, I chilled out, figuring if I did get into trouble, someone would probably notice (and hopefully call for help before I tripped and fell into the ocean… which I almost did).

The Food, Glorious Food! (And My Expanding Waistline)

Right, the important part: the food. Oh. My. Goodness. From the Asian breakfast to the Western delights, it was a culinary adventure.

  • Breakfast Buffet: Okay, the buffet. This is where I nearly lost control. They had everything! Fresh fruit, pastries that whispered sweet nothings to my soul, eggs cooked every which way, and bacon… crispy, glorious bacon. Seriously, I ate enough bacon to probably feed a small army. There were so many goodies, I just couldn't resist. They're great about options, including vegetarian ones.
  • Restaurants: Multiple restaurants – all offering different experiences. The a la carte option in the restaurant was good too. I'd recommend doing the buffet one day and a la carte the next.
  • Poolside Bar: Perfect spot for a cocktail, especially during happy hour. The bartenders were friendly, and the cocktails were strong… which, after too much sun and buffet indulgence, was exactly what I needed.
  • Room Service: 24-hour room service, which is dangerous. Especially when you're jet-lagged and craving a late-night snack. It's a blessing and a curse, truly.
  • Snack Bar: Perfect for those moments when you're not quite hungry enough for a full meal, but just need something.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: A Deep Dive into My Delicious Downfall

My favorite thing here? The poolside bar. I'm not even a "pool person," usually. I get bored easily. But this bar? It was pure bliss. Picture this: I'm sprawled on a sun lounger, the sun is kissing my skin, a gentle breeze is rustling the palm leaves, and I'm sipping a perfectly mixed cocktail while listening to the faint sounds of the ocean. Ahh… Then you get a little peckish and wander up to the snack bar! It’s what vacations are made of.

Speaking of Bliss… Relaxation Central! (And My Spa Meltdown)

Okay, the spa. This is where I really lost it (in a good way). They have it all: Body scrubs, body wraps, a sauna, steam room, and the kind of massages that make you forget your own name. I opted for the full-body massage. Now, I'm not a spa newbie, but this massage… I’m pretty sure I ascended to a higher plane of existence. The therapist was amazing, the music was soothing, and the essential oils smelled heavenly. I emerged from the spa feeling like a freshly-baked loaf of bread – soft, relaxed, and ready to be devoured. I think my skin felt cleaner than it ever had.

Things to Do (Besides Eating and Massages): A Touch of Activity

Of course, there are more ways to relax! They offer a fitness center and gym (which I skipped, because… bacon). There's a pool with a view – stunning! And, you know, the beach.

For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us)

Veranda Tamarin is family-friendly. With babysitting services, kids facilities, and dedicated kids meal options. It's a great destination for a family vacation.

Cleanliness and Safety: More Than Meets the Eye

This is an important one. They have all the standard stuff: Hand sanitizer, daily disinfection, rooms sanitized between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services, etc… But more than that, the staff was actually, genuinely helpful, and they take hygiene certification seriously!

Services and Conveniences: The Perks (and the Missing Perks)

They've thought of everything: Daily housekeeping, laundry service, concierge, currency exchange, cash withdrawal. But I didn't see that they had pets allowed. Some folks who will definitely miss.

The Room: My Cozy Little Paradise (with a Few Imperfections)

The rooms? Comfortable. The beds were so comfy! Air conditioning, a refrigerator, a mini bar, a safe, a desk for those days when you just have to work. I loved the blackout curtains (essential for those afternoon naps!). The bathroom, with its separate shower and bathtub, was spacious and well-appointed. All the rooms have free Wi-Fi access.

But (and there always has to be a "but," right?)… The room decorations, while lovely, were a bit… predictable. And the soundproofing wasn't perfect. I did hear a very enthusiastic conversation going on in the corridor one night, which woke me up.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Unless You’re Me, Then… Not So Much)

Airport transfer is available. They have taxi service, and valet parking.

The Quirks, the Chaos, and the Overall Verdict

Look, Veranda Tamarin isn't perfect. The service sometimes was a little slow. But the staff was consistently friendly (and helpful) throughout and I'm pretty sure I left a trail of crumbs and empty cocktail glasses wherever I went.

My Final Verdict? Book it. Go! Breathe in the ocean air, indulge in the food, let the spa work its magic, and embrace the chaos. It’s a truly special place.


Ready to Escape to Paradise? Here's Your Exclusive Offer!

Tired of the same old vacation routine? Craving a getaway that's equal parts relaxation, adventure, and delicious indulgence?

Veranda Tamarin in Mauritius awaits!

Book your stay now and unlock these exclusive benefits:

  • Free upgrade to a Superior Room: Enjoy even more space and comfort during your stay.
  • Complimentary Full Board: Enjoy a delicious meals from breakfast to supper!
  • One free Spa treatment: Relax with a complimentary massage, body wrap, or whatever your heart desires.

This offer is only available for bookings made through my exclusive link through this article.

Don't miss out on this chance to experience the magic of Veranda Tamarin. Book your escape today!

**Konak İzmir's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Best Western Plus Hotel Deals!**

Book Now

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-manicured itinerary. We're going to the Veranda Tamarin in Mauritius, and trust me, it's going to be a rollercoaster. Prepare yourself for a journey punctuated by sunburns, questionable decisions fueled by rum cocktails, and a whole lot of "wait, did that really just happen?"

Mauritius Mayhem: Veranda Tamarin - The Unfiltered Edition

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Sunburn Debacle (aka You WILL Forget Sunscreen)

  • Morning (or what passes for it after 24 hours of travel): Landed in Mauritius. Jet lag? Oh honey, it's a lifestyle. Immigration was surprisingly pleasant – probably because I was still half-asleep and could barely remember my name. Grabbed a taxi to Veranda Tamarin. The drive? Utterly breathtaking. Seriously, the turquoise water? Ridiculous. I was already in love. And then…the sun. Oh, the brutal, mocking sun.
  • Afternoon: Check-in. Beautiful hotel, breezy vibe. "Welcome drink." (Rum punch, naturally. My future self thanks my past self.) Threw my bag in the charming, slightly-rustic room and immediately ran for the ocean. This is where the sunscreen thing got messy. I knew I should have put some on. I swear I slapped the bottle on but got so distracted… by how gorgeous the water was. Anyway, back on the beach and then, disaster. Red. The lobster look. I swear I could have been cooked on the beach.
  • Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Delicious Mauritian curry. Sat there, tomato-skinned and contemplating my life choices. "Should have worn the hat." "Should have listened to my mom." "Should have believed the hotel when they said the sun was strong." Watched the sunset – a fiery, majestic display that, honestly, made the sunburn almost worth it. Almost.

Day 2: The Chamarel Adventures and the Rum Revelation

  • Morning: Still resembling a ripe beet, but determined. Breakfast buffet – the croissants were pure flaky heaven. Ordered a fresh coconut, because, you know, tropical vibes. Hit a snag because, seriously, opening the coconut was way harder than it looked. Had to seek assistance from a very amused waiter, who chuckled at my clumsiness. Embarrassing.
  • Late Morning: CHAMAREL! Booked a driver to the Chamarel Seven Colored Earths. This place is INSANE. The colors! They're just…otherworldly. Took a million photos, felt like an absolute tourist, and revelled in it. Spent a little time at the Chamarel waterfall too but got distracted by the monkeys. They were adorable but I felt guilty for not having any fruit for them.
  • Afternoon: Post-Chamarel recovery strategy. Went to a rum distillery; actually, the Rhumerie de Chamarel. This is where my life changed. I tasted about a dozen different rums with the guidance of a very knowledgeable bartender. My favourite was vanilla rum. I bought a couple of bottles. I bought more than a couple. The best was the cinnamon rum. I have never felt my mouth on fire like that.
  • Evening: Sunburn throbbing but spirits soaring. Ate dinner at the hotel again, slightly tipsy. Tried to remember the waiter's name from the morning's coconut fiasco so I could apologize, but alas, the rum had other plans. Ended up bursting into giggles and attempting to order more rum. (This is a recurring theme, I now see.)

Day 3: Beach Bumming & Watersports (or the Day My Ego Died a Little)

  • Morning: Survived the night. Sunburn less red, more… peeling. Breakfast, again. But today, my mission: Conquer the ocean. Specifically: SUP (Stand-Up Paddleboarding) and Kayaking.
  • Late Morning: SUP. I thought I'd be graceful. I was not. More like: Flailing, wobbly, and eventually, plop into the water. Humiliating. The locals were so relaxed and capable. I had to laugh at myself. Kayaking was slightly better. Mostly because I didn’t fall in. I did, however, get stuck in a coral reef.
  • Afternoon: Giving the beach bar a very thorough examination. My skin was still sensitive to the sun, so I hid under the shade of a palm tree. Sipping a "virgin" cocktail – because even my liver needed a break. Wrote a paragraph in my journal. Realised the cocktail was a non-alcoholic one. Started drinking rum again.
  • Evening: More sunset, more curry, even more hotel vibes. Met a couple from Germany who were celebrating their anniversary. They had stories about how their trip to India was better than Mauritius. I was, admittedly, jealous of their stories.

Day 4: Exploring the Village and Unearthing Hidden Culture

  • Morning: Time to explore the village of Tamarin. Found a local market. Was overwhelmed by the variety of spices and the vibrant colours. Bought a sarong. It got tangled up in my legs and I almost ate it.
  • Afternoon: Tried some local street food, a delicious roti. Wandered around a little bit to get some more food. The place was absolutely chaotic. I loved it.
  • Evening: The hotel did a BBQ. Not my favourite, but whatever. It ended up being a chance to bond with some other guests, and we wound up laughing about our collective travel blunders (the sunburn club had formed, naturally).

Day 5: Farewell and a Promise to Return…with More Sunscreen

  • Morning: Packing. Sigh. The vacation blues were hitting hard. One last breakfast. One last swim. One last regret about not buying more cinnamon rum.
  • Afternoon: Check-out. Saying goodbye to paradise is never easy. The taxi ride back to the airport flew by.
  • Evening: I’m at the airport, ready to go home. Reflecting on the trip. Feeling a strange mixture of sunburned exhaustion and exuberant happiness. This trip was wild. My soul feels full regardless. I'll be back, Mauritius. Next time, I'm bringing a gallon of sunscreen and a better sense of balance (both physically and emotionally). And maybe a suitcase dedicated solely to various types of rum.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a really, really good nap. (And maybe another rum cocktail… or two.)

Bangkok's Hottest Hostel: Smile Society Boutique's Secret Paradise!

Book Now

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island MauritiusOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the chaotic, unfiltered reality of a stay at Veranda Tamarin in Mauritius. This isn't your glossy travel brochure version, oh no. This is the REAL DEAL. Get ready, because here's the FAQ...thing...about "Escape to Paradise" (and trust me, paradise has its flaws, too).

So, Veranda Tamarin… Is it ACTUALLY paradise? Like, REALLY?

Okay, okay, deep breath. Paradise? Look, let's be honest, "paradise" is a HUGE word. Like, "universe-ending singularity of expectations" huge. Veranda Tamarin is… *gestures vaguely* …pretty darn close, alright? The turquoise water? Stunning. The sunsets? Forget it, you'll cry. And the staff? Mostly lovely (more on that later).
But here's the thing: even paradise has its grumpy sea gulls who steal your croissants while you're distracted by the view. My point? Expectations, people! Manage them. You're not gonna teleport into a perfect utopia, but prepare to be wowed, mostly.

The Rooms – are they actually as gorgeous as those Instagram photos?

Ugh, Instagram. The bane of my existence and the reason I booked this trip, honestly. Okay, so the rooms... yes. They are gorgeous. Think breezy, minimalist chic with a touch of "I'm on a permanent holiday". The balcony? Crucial. Especially late afternoon where you can watch the world go by.
My tip? Request a room AWAY from the main pool, unless you like the sound of screaming children at 7 am (and if you do, bless your heart, you're a better person than I am). I had a room with a *slightly* obstructed view. And I'll be honest, I stared at that palm tree for a good hour. It was a perfectly good palm tree. Very... palm-tree-y.
(Side note: the air conditioning, bless it, held its ground admirably against the Mauritian humidity. I'm a sweaty mess at the best of times, and this was important).

That beautiful infinity pool! Worth the hype?

The infinity pool? Okay, this is where Veranda Tamarin *really* got me. It's… well, it’s actually more beautiful in reality. The photos don't do it justice. I'm convinced that the pool is the gateway to a parallel universe where everyone is impossibly tan and drinks cocktails all day.
I ended up spending, like, 80% of my time there. Just bobbing, staring at the horizon, slightly sunburnt, and very happy. The cocktails? Worth it. The view? Ridiculous. The only downside? You have to share it with everyone else. And, yes, that does include a few kids who *occasionally* splash towards you. I mean, no big deal.
(Also, pro-tip: Go early to snag a good sun lounger. The "towel-on-chair" game is STRONG here. You've been warned.)

Tell me about the food. Is it a foodie's dream?

Ah, the food. Okay, the food is… good, let’s just say that. I wouldn’t rave about it from the rooftops, but I wouldn’t spit it out either. There's a surprisingly good selection (thank goodness, I'm a picky eater!), with a focus on local Mauritian cuisine.
The buffet? Ah, the buffet. A glorious battleground of choices. Get there early for the freshest pastries, or don't bother.
The service? Mostly good, with the odd blip here and there. (One waiter, sweetest guy, bless his heart, kept forgetting my order for coffee. Finally got it on the last day).
(A BIG shoutout to the fresh fruit! Seriously, so much of it! I literally had a mango a day. Possibly even more. Never regretted it.)

What about the service? Did anyone make you want to throw your (expensive) cocktail across the room?

Okay, let's talk about the *people* of Veranda Tamarin. And this is a mixed bag, and I'm okay with admitting that. Most of the staff were genuinely lovely: friendly, helpful, and incredibly patient (especially with me, and my questionable attempts at speaking French). I was particularly impressed with the cleaning staff; my room was meticulously clean every single day.
However... and there's *always* a however, isn't there? – a few times, the service was a little… slow. Sometimes, it felt like you were waiting for *ages* for a drink, which, let’s be real, is a cardinal sin when you’re on holiday. And one day, my room somehow didn’t get cleaned at all. Oh, well. The world didn't end. You're only human after all.
But, overall, the good outweighed the bad. Overall, the service was good. Not perfect, but good enough, and that's the reality of it.

What activities are there besides staring at the pool (which I am already planning on doing)?

Okay, if you're anything like me, the answer to that question is: "Staring at the pool is a perfectly valid activity. In fact, it's a *necessary* activity."
But, if you're feeling energetic (and I did, *occasionally*), there's plenty to do. You can try watersports, paddleboarding, kayaking. There's a fully equipped gym (which I visited exactly once, to take a photo for Instagram, and then retreated to the pool), and a spa (which looks amazing and I unfortunately ran out of time).
Plus, the hotel can arrange excursions. I HIGHLY recommend a trip to the Black River Gorges National Park. The scenery is stunning. I got mildly lost (but, hey, adventure!), and saw some monkeys.
(Honestly, the most adventurous thing I did was walk to the nearby supermarket and attempt to buy some decent coffee. I spent way too much time wrestling with the local coffee brands. Pro Tip: bring your own coffee!)

Is it kid-friendly? Because (shudders) children.

Well, I am not a kid person, so there's a disclaimer right there. The answer is a lukewarm "yes" with a side of "prepare yourself". There's a kids' club, which seemed to be doing a roaring trade in screaming children (just kidding! Mostly). The pool is definitely kid-friendly. I saw a LOT of kids.
Here's the honest-to-god advice: if you are a family, Veranda Tamarin is likely to be an excellent choice. If you’re a solo traveler or a couple seeking serene solitude, be prepared for the occasional splash, and maybe bring some noise-canceling headphones.
Best Stay Blogspot

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius