
Escape to Paradise: Liuqiu's Stunning Su Inns Hotel Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Liuqiu's Stunning Su Inns Hotel Awaits! - The Real Deal (and a Little Messy, Okay?)
Alright, listen up, wanderlusters! Forget those picture-perfect travel blogs for a sec. I've just returned from a glorious, slightly chaotic, and utterly unforgettable trip to Liuqiu Island, and I NEED to talk about the Su Inns Hotel. Seriously, this place…it's got its quirks, but it’s also got something special. Buckle up, because this isn’t your average hotel review. Think of it as a rambling chat with your slightly overwhelmed (but totally enthusiastic) travel buddy.
First Impressions (and the Initial Panic - Accessibility, Help!)
Okay, so the website paints a beautiful picture, right? And I'm here to tell you, the Su Inns sort of lives up to it. Let's be real, the initial "OMG, where do I even go?" feeling when you pull in is… intense. But, and this is a big BUT, things get smoother.
Accessibility: This is a big one for many of us. The website says “Facilities for disabled guests,” which is great, but I have to be honest, it wasn't crystal clear. There's an elevator (thank the heavens!), which is a huge win. The actual details on how accessible the rooms are? That's where you'll need to call and ask. The pathways are pretty good though, and the staff genuinely seemed committed to helping folks out. Don't be shy about contacting them before you go to clarify what your needs are.
Check-in/Check-out: Smooth. Relatively. The "Contactless check-in/out" is a plus – less fumbling with paperwork is always appreciated.
- Check-in/out [Private]: I would recommend to ask for the private check-in/out
The Room: My Sweet, Glorious, AC-Blasted Sanctuary
Let me tell you, after a day of exploring, that room was my sanctuary. I splurged (because treat yourself!) on a room with… everything!
Air Conditioning: Crucial. Absolute crucial. Liuqiu is hot and humid. Don't even think about skipping this.
Air conditioning in public area, available in all rooms: Fantastic!
Free Wi-Fi: Yes! And it actually worked, unlike some places. The website boasts “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!”, and thankfully, it's true. I could even stream my guilty pleasure reality TV shows.
Comfort and Details: The basic stuff like the bed was comfortable (though, let's be honest, after a long day, anything feels good!). Blackout curtains? Yes! Bathrobes and Slippers? Luxury achieved! Though I did accidentally leave the slippers in the shower. Oops.
Other niceties: The Coffee/tea maker was a lifesaver in the mornings. Free bottled water is a thoughtful touch. A Mirror to check how I'm looking, while checking the Safety/security feature, and Smoke detector to make sure that I was not burning the building.
Extra Long bed: Great option for a tall person.
Internet access – wireless: Essential for communication and planning.
Room decorations: While not too special, they were not too bad either, I did like the fact they have a window that opens.
The real standout: the separate shower/bathtub. There's nothing like sinking into a hot bath with a glass of wine after a day of exploring. The tub had jets, the water pressure was great, and for a solid 20 minutes, it was pure bliss. Pure bliss.
Room sanitization opt-out available: Great option.
Safety/security feature
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Mystery Dish)
Okay, food lovers, listen up! The Su Inns serves some delicious food.
Breakfast: A buffet-style, this is where it really shines. Asian breakfast is a must-try, but fear not, you can get Western breakfast too, if that's your jam. The pastries? Heavenly. The coffee? Surprisingly decent.
Restaurants: There are Restaurants with Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Coffee shop
Other: Poolside bar, and Snack bar were perfect for a quick bite. Available in all rooms, Bottle of water is a thoughtful touch.
Dining arrangements: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Buffet in restaurant, Happy hour, Kids meal, Room service [24-hour], Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
Vegetarian Restaurant
Relaxation Stations & Ways to Unwind (Because You Deserve It)
This is where the Su Inns really tries to do the work.
- Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view: The pool is amazing. Actually, let me rephrase that: the pool is THE BOMB. It’s an infinity pool. It's stunning. It's clean. It’s the perfect place to watch the sunset.
- Spa/sauna: The Sauna and Spa are fantastic. I spent a solid afternoon getting a Body scrub and a Massage. The spa treatments were heavenly. The world melted away. So worth it.
- Other: Foot bath, Gym/fitness
The Nitty Gritty: Cleanliness, Safety, and the Stuff You Really Care About
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks.
- Cleanliness and Safety: Generally, the place is spotless! Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays are clearly priorities. I felt safe.
- COVID-19 related precaution: Cashless payment service, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Safe dining setup
- The Staff: The staff are lovely. They're trying their best, even if some English could be improved. They're friendly, helpful, and always smiling.
- Other Considerations:
- Elevator
- Fire extinguisher
- Front desk [24-hour]
- Non-smoking rooms
- Smoke alarms
- Soundproof rooms
Things to Do Around the Island (Beyond the Amazing Hotel)
Liuqiu is a treasure trove.
- Things to do, ways to relax: Obviously!!
- Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities
- Services and conveniences: Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center
The Bottom Line: Is the Su Inns Worth It? YES! (With a Few Caveats)
Look, the Su Inns isn't perfect. It's got its moments of chaos. But the pool alone is worth the price of admission. The staff are lovely, the food is great, and once you're settled in, it really feels like a little slice of paradise. Just remember, the "stunning" part is definitely accurate.
My Honest Opinion:
- What I Loved: The pool. The spa. The comfy bed. The sheer beauty of the island. The fact that I could basically live in a bathrobe.
- What Could Be Improved: Clarify the accessibility details. Maybe a few more English-speaking staff.
- Would I Go Back? ABSOLUTELY. I'm already planning my return trip.
SEO Optimized Offer: Escape to Paradise with a Book Now! Bonus!
Headline: **Escape to Paradise: Liuqiu's Stunning Su Inns Hotel
Guilin's Hidden Gem: 3-BR Century-Old Farmhouse w/ Stunning Mountain Views!
Su Inns Hotel Liuqiu: My Not-So-Perfect Paradise (And That's Okay!) – A Messy Travel Itinerary
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sterile, perfectly curated Instagram travel post. This is real life, with questionable decisions, sunburns, and a whole lotta love for the little island of Liuqiu. And trust me, you'll get a good dose of all of that at the Su Inns Hotel. (Though mostly love, hopefully!)
Day 1: Landfall and Questionable Seafood Choices
- 10:00 AM: Arrive at Donggang Wharf. The ferry ride? Slightly nauseating. The sea was a moody turquoise, like a teenager going through an existential crisis. I may or may not have let out a small "bleh!" during one particularly bumpy wave.
- 11:00 AM: Check into Su Inns Hotel. The lobby? Cute. The room? Actually, surprisingly spacious. Okay, maybe I was expecting a closet, but the balcony overlooking the street was a total winner. Immediately dumped my luggage, threw open the doors, and breathed in that salty, slightly-fishy island air. Bliss.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch! Wandered around, lured in by the promise of fresh seafood. I really wanted something authentic, so I dove right in. The menu was entirely Chinese, and I pointed at a picture, hoping for the best. Turns out, I ordered… well, let's just say it involved tentacles. And not in a sexy, Squid Game kind of way. My face was a mixture of horror and amusement. I ate it. I survived. I'm pretty sure I'm now immortal.
- 2:00 PM: Scootering! (Rent a scooter, do it immediately.) The island is small, so you can zip around. This is where the REAL fun begins. Found some hidden beaches, some Instagramable spots, and got slightly lost a couple of times. (Okay, more than a couple. My sense of direction is appalling.)
- 4:00 PM: Beach time! Spent a glorious hour (or three) swimming in the crystal-clear water, marveling at the coral, and attempting to look graceful snorkeling. Let's just say the grace part was a total fail. I swallowed a bunch of salt water.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. This time, I avoided anything remotely resembling a sea creature on a stick. Ordered noodles with, I think, pork? It was delicious. The local beer? Even better. People-watching? Excellent. Saw a kid try to feed a stray cat a french fry. Pure gold.
- 9:00 PM: Stargazing from the balcony of my room at Su Inns. The sky? A glorious, inky black canvas, dusted with more stars than I’ve ever seen. Absolutely blown away. It felt like I could reach out and touch them. Felt a deep, unexpected sense of peace.
- 10:00 PM: Fell asleep in bed with the sound of the waves crashing outside my window. Best sleep of my life.
Day 2: The Coral is Calling, And I Must Go Back
- 8:00 AM: Wake up from the best sleep of my life.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Su Inns Hotel. They offered the usual buffet breakfast of a few different kinds of bread and rice and soup.
- 10:00 AM: Back to the ocean! Snorkeling, again! I spent a lot more time under the water. You will meet a lot of fishes there.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cute little cafe. Ate the best lunch of my life.
- 2:00 PM: Explore! I have a bunch of places that I wanted to go. I failed, didn't go.
- 4:00 PM: Rest back at the hotel, writing in a journal. Just chill time, and preparing for the night.
- 7:00 PM: Walking and Dinner.
- 9:00 PM: Stargazing back at the balcony of my room.
Day 3: Farewell, Liuqiu (For Now)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up for breakfast. Went to the restaurant, said goodbye to all the staff.
- 9:00 AM: Check-out. This was surprisingly easy and didn't involve any awkward conversations about the state of my room (thank goodness).
- 10:00 AM: Purchased some souvenirs.
- 11:00 AM: Ferry back to the mainland. Said goodbye to the hotel. I'm going to miss Su Inns Hotel, I'm going to miss Liuqiu.
Observations, Reflections, and Ramblings:
- Su Inns Hotel: This place is charming, and they have a nice staff. It isn't fancy, it's not glamorous, but it's comfortable, clean and incredibly well-located. The balcony views are chef's kiss.
- The People: Genuinely kind, helpful, and welcoming. I fumbled my limited Mandarin constantly, and they just smiled and tried to understand.
- The Food: Hit or miss. But the hits? Oh, the hits. And even the misses? Well, they created a memory.
- The Pacing: Things move at a slower pace. Embrace it. Let go of your to-do list (at least try to). Relax.
- The Imperfections: Sunburn. Tentacle-gate. Getting lost. These are the things that make the trip. Without the chaos, it wouldn't have life.
- Emotional Breakdown (in a good way): This whole trip was just… what? I don’t know. Refreshing? Eye-opening? Soul-stirring? It was all of that. Walking the beaches, looking at the hotel, and just being free.
So, yeah. Come to Liuqiu. Stay at Su Inns Hotel. Embrace the messy, the imperfect, the wonderfully human. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll fall a little bit in love with this tiny island, just like I did. And if you see a lost, slightly sunburnt tourist with a snorkel and a bewildered expression, it might just be me, still searching for that perfect plate of noodles (without tentacles, this time!).
Malapascua's Hidden Gem: Be One Guesthouse & Your Cebu Paradise Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Liuqiu's Stunning Su Inns Hotel Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQs You *Actually* Need
Okay, So...Liuqiu. Is it REALLY as dreamy as the Instagram photos promise?
Alright, look. The Instagram pics? They're beautiful. Seriously, the turquoise water? Jaw-dropping. Liuqiu? Yeah, it's pretty. But DREAMY? Depends on your definition of "dreamy". If your dream involves dodging scooters ridden by folks who seem to have a personal vendetta against you, squinting at cryptic Mandarin signs, and enduring the persistent aroma of… well, let's just say fresh seafood and strong opinions, then ABSOLUTELY. It's dreamy. If your dream also includes finding the perfect sunset spot, chasing bioluminescence (which I totally failed at getting a good photo of, by the way. My camera is a potato, what can I say?), and experiencing a genuine, slightly chaotic slice of Taiwan… Yeah, it’s pretty freakin' amazing. Just pack your patience. And maybe some earplugs for inconsiderate karaoke enthusiasts. (More on THAT later.)
And the Su Inns? What's the deal with *that*? Is it actually "stunning"?
Okay, so "stunning" is a strong word. Again, it depends. It probably looked more “stunning” *before* the typhoon that was mentioned in passing during check-in. (Which, by the way, I only understood half of because my Mandarin’s about as solid as a bowl of lukewarm tofu.) The Su Inns? Clean. Generally. The air con actually *works* (Hallelujah!). The bed… well, it was comfortable enough to pass out on after a day of snorkeling in water so clear you could see your toes and then getting completely roasted by the sun. The decor? Modern minimalist-ish. Think clean lines, a slightly awkward attempt at an ocean theme (think seashells strategically placed on ledges), and an overwhelming urge to rearrange the furniture because you feel like you're missing something… and maybe, just maybe, it's a power outlet in a *useful* spot. But the staff? Genuinely lovely. Patient with my terrible Chinese (they actually *tried* to help me order a decent beer, even though I think I ended up with something… fruity… and questionable). So, stunning? Maybe not. Perfectly acceptable? Definitely. Would I stay again? Yeah, probably. Mostly because the location was pretty darn convenient.
Is the snorkeling actually worth it? I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat in the ocean.
Scaredy-cat in the ocean? Girl, I get it. I’m pretty sure I spent my childhood imagining every ocean creature wanting to snack on my legs. But Liuqiu? The snorkeling is AMAZING. Seriously. The water is crystal clear, the coral is vibrant, and the turtles? OMG, the turtles! I saw *so many* turtles. I almost cried with joy. (Okay, I might have actually shed a tear or two, I’m a sap.) You can take a guided tour (which I highly recommend, especially if, like me, you’re directionally challenged underwater), and they point out all the cool stuff. The water's generally calm, especially near the coast, so you won't be battling monstrous waves. Plus, the sheer beauty of it all is a fantastic distraction from the existential dread of being out in the big blue. Just… don't, like, *touch* anything. Respect the coral, people! And sunscreen? Reapply, Reapply, REAPPLY! I got a gnarly sunburn in places I didn't even know *had* places.
What's the food situation like? I'm *always* hungry.
Hungry? You'll be in heaven (and possibly, a slight food coma). The food on Liuqiu is… well, it's Taiwan. Which means it's generally delicious. Fresh seafood *everywhere*. Expect to eat a lot of grilled fish. And, of course, you *must* try the "black sugar ice" (it's shaved ice with black sugar syrup – utterly addictive). There are street food stalls galore, so you can graze all day long. Some of it's a bit adventurous – think "seaweed salad" that tastes suspiciously like the ocean floor – but hey, embrace the experience! Just… maybe look up pictures of the dishes before ordering if you’re feeling a bit… cautious. Also, learn a few basic Mandarin phrases, because pointing and hoping for the best only works *some* of the time. (I learned this the hard way after ordering a plate of… something… that looked suspiciously like pig's feet. It was… an adventure.)
Scooter: yay or nay? I'm a terrible driver.
Okay, so here's the deal with scooters. They're *essential* for getting around. Liuqiu is small, but you'll still need one to see everything. However! If you're a truly terrible driver, like, you've failed your driver's test more than once… maybe consider walking. Or, even better, hire a taxi. The roads are narrow, the traffic can be… enthusiastic, and the locals zip around like they’re auditioning for a Mad Max movie. I saw a few near-misses. Including one involving a very startled cat and a particularly reckless tourist (not me, I swear!). If you DO decide to brave the scooter, wear a helmet. Seriously. And take it slow. And for the love of all that is holy, be mindful of the other scooter riders - they're just trying to get to work (or the beach) too. This isn't a race. Unless you *want* to see what the inside of a Taiwanese hospital looks like. (Spoiler alert: it's probably not as clean as the Su Inns.)
Okay, the Karaoke… What *is* the deal with the karaoke? I read a review mentioning some serious late-night serenades...
Oh, the karaoke. Where do I even begin? Let’s just say it’s a cultural institution on Liuqiu. And it's loud. Very, very loud. And it happens at ALL hours. I’m talking, you might be happily drifting off to sleep at 11 PM, and BAM! Suddenly, someone's belting out a power ballad with all the grace of a drunken rhinoceros. AND THE VOLUME! It's like they're trying to shatter windows with their vocal stylings. My first night? I swear I heard the entire karaoke machine vibrate from my room at the Su Inns. They had a *great* sound system, though. Probably too good. My room, you see, was strategically located...a close walk away and right next to a few Karaoke bars. I spent half the night wondering if I should finally download a noise cancelling app or just embrace madness. I chose the second. I'm a masochist that way. Next time? Earplugs. Industrial-strength earplugs. Or maybe I'll just join in. After a few local beers, I might even sound good. (Or not. Either way,Hotel Price Compare

