
Riyadh's Royal Escape: Crowne Plaza Palace Luxury Awaits!
Riyadh's Royal Escape: Crowne Plaza Palace - More Than Just a "Luxury Awaits!" (My Honest Take)
Alright, here's the deal. I've just spent a week at the Crowne Plaza Palace in Riyadh, and lemme tell you, it's…an experience. They say "Luxury Awaits!" but does it really? Let's break it down, warts and all, because frankly, that's how I roll.
Accessibility & Safety - The Big Picture (and My Wheeled Woes):
First off, accessibility. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. And, well, they do. The elevators are decent, and there are ramps. But, oh boy, there's a BUT. Navigating the place with my trusty (but sometimes clumsy) wheelchair felt like…a workout. Some hallways were a little tight, and the automatic doors sometimes decided to have a mind of their own. More than once, I almost face-planted waiting for one to open! Rant incoming: Guys, seriously, automatic doors. Make them more reliable. It's 2024! They should work perfectly. Also, the bathrooms, while technically accessible, felt cramped. I’m rating them 4/5 stars.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes, technically Facilities for disabled guests: YES! (but with some quirks)
Now, let’s talk safety. This seemed to be a big deal for them, and I appreciated that. There's CCTV everywhere, the staff are friendly and look like they have been trained in the safety protocols, and I saw fire extinguishers and smoke alarms aplenty. Anti-viral cleaning products and routine daily disinfection? Check. Felt safe, even if I accidentally set off the smoke detector trying to make toast (don't judge me!). They take COVID-19 protocols seriously, too. Sanitizers everywhere and individually wrapped food, thank goodness.
Cleanliness and safety: Pretty good. Hygiene certification: Check! Daily disinfection in common areas: Double Check!
Rooms - My Sanctuary (or Not So Much):
The rooms. Okay, let’s get real. The non-smoking rooms are definitely a plus. I'm a big fan of air conditioning (essential in Riyadh!), a desk (for getting some work done…eventually), and a safe box for my laptop and valuables. The bed was HUGE (extra long bed, as they say) and comfy. Blackout curtains are a lifesaver for sleeping in, which I definitely needed after all those desert adventures. The coffee/tea maker was a lifesaver. I did appreciate the Free bottled water because it was HOT out there.
Room sanitization opt-out available: Great to know! Wi-Fi [free]: Yes! And it worked pretty well. Air conditioning: HEAVENLY, seriously.
But here's the thing. My room, while technically lovely, felt a little… sterile. Like, clinically clean, but lacking that cozy, lived-in feel. The bathroom was fine – clean, with a separate shower/bathtub (a luxury!), and all the necessary toiletries, but a bit blah. I would've loved some artwork on the wall or at least a plant.
One VERY specific gripe: the slippers were a bit… basic. I want plushy, cloud-like slippers! Is that too much to ask?
Dining - The Food Fight (and My Belly's Victory):
Okay, the food. This is where things get interesting. The restaurant selection is decent with the convenience of 24-hour room service! The Asian breakfast was surprisingly good. There's a Western breakfast too, if you're of that persuasion (I am). The buffet was extensive, but sometimes a bit chaotic. I loved the Asian food, particularly the sushi. The a la carte restaurant offered many selections.
Breakfast [buffet]: Abundant, though sometimes a little crazy during peak hours. Restaurants: Plenty of options. Room service [24-hour]: A lifesaver for those late-night cravings.
Things to Do / Ways to Relax - Spa Day, Anyone?
The fitness center was surprisingly well-equipped - I did my best. Then I tried the Sauna and almost died from the heat (okay, dramatic, but it was HOT). There's a swimming pool with a view, which is amazing for sunset swims. And don't even get me started on the Spa. After a hectic week, I practically melted into the massage table. The massage was heavenly. Definitely worth it. I'm adding a body scrub and wrap to my next day!
Swimming pool [outdoor]: Gorgeous. Massage: YES! Spa: Very good. Gym/fitness: Good enough.
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter:
Daily housekeeping? Yep. Super efficient. Laundry service was a godsend (that desert dust is killer on clothes!). They have currency exchange, a concierge, all the things you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber. Oh, and the Elevator (thank God! Considering my aforementioned wheelchair issues).
Cash withdrawal: Check. Concierge: Helpful. Laundry service: Essential, honestly.
Internet - The Digital Lifeline (mostly):
Internet access – wireless was available everywhere, and it worked perfectly. Free Wi-Fi is a must, right? And I was very happy with the speed, so I could stream my shows without any buffering.
Internet access – wireless: Fast with great coverage Wi-Fi [free]: Fantastic!
For the Kids - Family Friendly? (I'm Not a Parent, But…)
They say they're Family/child friendly. I saw a few families. They have a babysitting service, and it looks like they have kids facilities. I have no idea what those are.
Babysitting service: Good to know.
Getting Around - Easy Peasy (mostly):
Airport transfers are available. They also have a taxi service, which I used. Car park [free of charge]: This is a big win!
Airport transfer: Convenient. Car park [free of charge]: A huge plus!
Conclusion - Is the Crowne Plaza Palace Worth It?
Look, the Crowne Plaza Palace is a solid choice. It's not perfect, and it has its quirks. But the pros – the cleanliness and safety, the convenient location, that amazing massage, super-efficient Wi-Fi, and the friendly staff – outweigh the cons. It's a great place to relax and explore Riyadh.
Final Verdict: 4 out of 5 stars. Would I go back? Absolutely, especially if I can convince them to upgrade their slippers. And fix those darn doors!
My Honest Offer to You (Because I'm Feeling Generous):
Book your stay at the Crowne Plaza Palace through [Insert Here - Affiliate Link or Booking Site] and get:
- A free upgrade to a room with a view (subject to availability), because hey – you deserve it!
- A complimentary spa voucher for the ‘Relax and Unwind’ package – because your body and soul need it!
- An extra 15% discount on all dining and beverage purchases – because who doesn't love a deal?
Why book through me? Because, honestly, I've been there. I know what it feels like to be exhausted after a long day of exploring, and I want you to have the best possible experience. You want a hotel experience and I'm telling you this one is worthy of your hard-earned cash. So, go on, treat yourself. You deserve it! Your 'Royal Escape' awaits!
Jakarta Luxury: Your Dream 1BR Awaits at Signature Park Grande!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your perfectly-polished travel brochure. This is my potential train-wreck… I mean, experience… at the Crowne Plaza Riyadh Palace. Hold on tight, because this could go sideways faster than a camel on ice skates.
Crowne Plaza Riyadh: The Itinerary of My Soul (or at least the next 72 hours)
Day 1: Arrival & The Panic of the Unknown
- 10:00 AM (ish): Touchdown in Riyadh. Airport chaos. Smog. The usual. I swear, the air here has a texture. Like, a slightly gritty, humid texture. Am I sensitive? Maybe. Am I jet-lagged? Absolutely. The taxi driver, bless his camel-riding heart, seems to speak only… well, Riyadh. Good luck navigating that.
- 11:00 AM: Arrive at Crowne Plaza. Okay, it looks… imposing? Like a slightly bland, yet still impressive, palace. The lobby is huge. I feel like a tiny ant wandering through a marble labyrinth. The check-in process is more of a… paperwork ritual? Someone really needs to tell them about the magic of online check-in. The receptionist is lovely though, bless her patient soul.
- 12:00 PM: Room! Thank God. And it’s… spacious. Like, really spacious. I could probably hold a small dance party in here. Or maybe just pass out on that ridiculously comfortable bed. The view is… well, I see buildings. Lots and lots of buildings. And… construction. Construction everywhere. (Side Note: Is Riyadh permanently under construction? I'm beginning to think so.)
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant, “Al Dira”. The buffet is… extensive. It's a culinary battlefield. I am overwhelmed. I end up with a plate full of things I can't pronounce but am somehow compelled to try. The shawarma is decent. The hummus is excellent. The (attempted) conversation with the waiter? Not so much. My Arabic is limited to "shukran" and "la shukran," which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
- 2:00 PM: Nap. Glorious, glorious nap. The jet lag is a beast. I wake up slightly disoriented, and wonder what time it is.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt to explore. I venture out of the hotel. The heat is… intense. I realize I probably should have chosen a more "covered" outfit. I'm already sweating. I stumble upon a tiny shop selling dates and Arabic coffee. It's a sensory explosion – the sweet smell of dates, the strong, bitter coffee. I buy dates. They are the best dates I've ever tasted.
- 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted and slightly overwhelmed. I need a shower.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at Al Dira (again). I'm starting to feel like I might be judged if I eat another plate of shawarma, so I bravely venture into the “international” options. It’s.. acceptable.
- 8:00 PM: I contemplate a swim in the hotel pool. It seems lovely, but the thought of removing all the many, many layers of clothing required to go in, paired with my exhaustion, defeats me.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Lights out. Hoping I sleep through the construction.
Day 2: Desert Dreams and Cultural Collisions
- 8:00 AM: Wake up feeling… less like death! Breakfast buffet round two. I strategize this time, focusing on the pastries. My love for sugary goodness is strong.
- 9:00 AM: Desert tour! Hallelujah! I'm excited. And slightly terrified. I picture myself getting hopelessly lost in a sandstorm, wandering aimlessly until I'm rescued by a kind Bedouin.
- 10:00 AM: Camel ride! (Maybe. Hopefully.) The tour guide picks me up in a massive 4x4. He's an absolute charmer. The drive is… rocky. I'm bouncing around like a popcorn kernel.
- 11:00 AM: Desert arrival. It's AMAZING, honestly. The sand is golden. The silence is… deafening. (In a good way!) The camel ride is… a little less glamorous than I envisioned. My back is screaming. But the view! The sheer vastness! It's breathtaking. (Note to self: Invest in comfortable camel-riding pants.)
- 1:00 PM: Lunch in the desert. A delicious, very traditional meal under a canopy. It feels surreal. The sheer vastness of the desert does something to you, even in the hour or two you spend there.
- 3:00 PM: Back to Riyadh. The 4x4 feels like a spa after the Camel ride. I'm sand-blasted but smiling.
- 5:00 PM: Explore the local souq (market). This is the moment I've been waiting for. I wander through the labyrinthine alleys, overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, and smells. Spices, gold, perfumes… it's a feast for the senses. I get lost. Multiple times. It’s glorious. I buy some dates (again) and a slightly questionable, but ultimately irresistible, piece of jewelry.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm tired. I go back to Al Dira. Comfort food at this point.
- 8:00 PM: I try to watch a local drama on TV (I’m really trying to immerse myself in the culture, okay?). I understand about zero of the dialogue, but I'm hooked by the dramatic flair.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Dreaming of deserts and shawarma.
Day 3: The Grand Attempt at "Culture" & Departure
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast… you guessed it. Al Dira. I become a regular!
- 10:00 AM: A visit to the National Museum. I’m fully expecting to be bored out of my skull. But it's actually… fascinating! I'm genuinely captivated by the history, the artifacts, and the stories. I spend way too long in the pre-Islamic exhibits, because I really want to get a feel for this place.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. I brave a different restaurant this time. An actual local restaurant. This is it… I am going to eat from a proper plate of local cuisine, and I hope I don't get food poisoning!
- 1:00 PM: Return to the hotel with a full tummy. I relax by the pool, and actually get in! (I might have finally adjusted to the temperature!)
- 3:00 PM: Packing. Sigh. Going home already? I'm not ready. I've only barely scratched the surface of Riyadh.
- 4:00 PM: Last-minute shopping for souvenirs. Dates. More dates. Maybe some… something else. I'm running out of time.
- 6:00 PM: A final, slightly melancholy dinner at Al Dira. I might actually miss the shawarma.
- 7:00 PM: Checking out. Goodbye, Crowne Plaza! (It's been… an experience.)
- 8:00 PM: Back to the airport. The same slightly gritty, humid air greets me. This time, I'm oddly okay with it.
- 9:00 PM: Flight. Adios, Riyadh! I leave my heart in this place, or a small piece of it. I'll be back. (Hopefully).
Final Thoughts:
Riyadh is… different. It's a whirlwind of culture, tradition, and… construction. It's overwhelming, challenging, and sometimes (often) hilarious. It's also incredibly welcoming, surprisingly beautiful, and profoundly memorable. This itinerary? Might have resembled a train wreck, but it was my train wreck, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
And the Crowne Plaza? Well, it was a great, comfortable, reliable base camp. The shower pressure was excellent. And everyone, from the receptionists to the cleaning staff, was incredibly kind and helpful. Sure, it might not be the most "authentic" experience, but it was a safe haven in a sometimes-unfamiliar world. I'd recommend it. (Just pack comfortable shoes and an open mind.)
Ahmedabad's Hidden Gem: Hotel Mivaante - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
So, Riyadh's Royal Escape at the Crowne Plaza Palace...was it *really* all that? I'm seeing a lot of glitz!
Alright, alright, let's be real. The glitz? Oh, it's there. Like, seriously, you could probably blind a small desert creature with the lobby chandeliers. But the question isn't *if* it's glitzy; it's *is that all it is*? And the answer, from my caffeine-fueled, jet-lagged perspective, is a resounding... mostly no. Yes, the polished marble floors practically *beg* you to sashay. Yes, the staff is impossibly polite (a little *too* polite sometimes, like they're auditioning for a robot butler convention). But beneath the surface, there's a genuine attempt at creating a luxurious *experience*, not just a fancy hotel. (Though, let's be honest, the *fancy hotel* part is pretty excellent too.)
The "ugly" part? Well... the jet lag. Hit me like a brick wall. Ended up ordering room service at 4 AM, convinced I was starving. Then regretted it at 7 AM when I actually woke up and the food was staring me down. Lesson learned: Never trust your stomach at 4 AM in Riyadh. Also, the bottled water situation. Endless bottles. I swear I recycled enough plastic to build a small, slightly wonky, yet entirely drinkable, fountain.
Okay, spill the tea on the rooms. Were they actually *palatial*? Because let's be honest, hotels lie.
Palatial? Okay, maybe not *Versailles* palatial. But, and this is a BIG but, they're definitely not a tiny, soul-crushing shoebox. I’m talking spacious. Like, I could do lunges without accidentally kicking the minibar. (And trust me, I did. The minibar, thankfully, survived.) I stayed in… well, let's just say it was a *suite*. (Bragging rights acquired!) Think: massive king-sized bed that practically swallowed me whole, a living area where I held a mini-dance party by myself (don't judge!), and a bathroom that was bigger than my entire first apartment. Seriously. HUGE.
My only gripe (and this is nit-picky, I admit) – the lighting. A little *too* mood-lighting-is-mandatory for my liking. I like to SEE what I’m doing! Felt like I spent half the time squinting. But hey, maybe that’s the point. Makes you feel *mysterious*. Or just old. Could be either, honestly. Also, the constant hum of the air con. Sounds like a gentle white noise machine, but also, it's a constant reminder of the unrelenting desert heat that's kept at bay.
Eating on the ground - what was the food situation like? Did you try those *fancy* restaurants?
The food, oh the food. Prepare to loosen your belt buckle. Seriously. I started with the buffet breakfast. A mistake. A glorious, calorie-laden, buffet mistake. Everything you could possibly imagine; eggs every which way, pastries that practically dissolved in your mouth, dates that were so sweet they made my teeth tingle... It was a delicious, slightly overwhelming, culinary onslaught. Worth it though. Worth. It.
The fancy restaurants? Tried them. The steakhouse was amazing. The tender cuts of meat were so good! However, the most memorable meal, and this is where I get a little… sentimental… was the room service at that godforsaken 4 AM hour, that slightly lukewarm, yet extremely comforting, chicken sandwich. It was a moment of pure, jet-lagged bliss. Sometimes, the simplest things are the best. (And, hey, at least I didn't *totally* regret it). Also, the coffee. Glorious, strong coffee at EVERY turn. That’s a winner in my book.
Did you hit the spa? And more importantly, did you actually *relax*? Because I find hotel spas can be... hit or miss.
The spa. Oh boy. Okay, so I *did* hit the spa. And I *attempted* to relax. Keyword: *attempted*. Seriously, I fully embraced the "leave your worries at the door" mantra. I booked a massage, figured I'd melt into a puddle of Zen.
The massage itself? Fantastic. The masseuse was a miracle worker. Got out, feeling lighter than air. But then… I went to the “relaxation area”. Which, admittedly, *looked* incredibly relaxing. Plush seating, muted lighting, gentle music… all the trappings of tranquility. But my brain? Nope. It was still firing on all cylinders. I ended up staring at the ceiling, wondering if they had Wi-Fi, and then internally debating whether it was acceptable to order another coffee (answer: yes, always). So, I'd say I achieved a 7/10 on the relaxation scale. Maybe a 7.5 if you count the sheer beauty of the spa. It was beautiful, though. Just beautiful. And that massage? Worth every single Riyal. Every. Single. One.
What about the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or just... there?
The staff? Beyond friendly. Borderline *telepathic*. Like, I walked out of the elevator and *bam!* a guy appeared with a cart to take my luggage straight to my palatial room. Seriously, they're like ninjas of hospitality. Always smiling, always anticipating your needs. (Possibly a little *too* attentive at times. I swear they could sense my desire for more coffee before I even thought it).
There was one thing. On my third day, I was struggling to find the hotel's laundry service. I asked a staff member, and they not only explained where to go, but (and this is the REALLY good part) *walked me there*. Now, I *know* it was a short distance! I could have found it myself. But the fact that they were so willing, so genuinely helpful, that’s what made the difference. That’s what elevates the experience. Makes you feel… cared for. And, for some weird reason, I kept thinking he was a secret agent in disguise, just waiting for his next mission. Probably the coffee talking. It made the experience amazing, though.
So, would you go back? And would you actually recommend it? Hit me with the truth bomb!
Would I go back? Absolutely. Book me a room right now! Seriously. Despite the jet lag, the slightly wonky lighting, and the fact that I *may* have eaten an entire tub of ice cream in one sitting... it was fantastic. It's a level of luxury and service that's hard to beat.Honeymoon Havenst

