
Escape to Sicily: Ottomood's Stunning B&B & Apartments in Tremestieri Etneo!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive deep into the Ottomood experience in Tremestieri Etneo. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter reviews – this is gonna be messy, honest, and maybe a little bit rambling, just like real life. So, let's get this show on the road!
The Good, the Bad, and the Sicilian… Everything! Ottomood Review – Tremestieri Etneo
First things first: Escape to Sicily: Ottomood's Stunning B&B & Apartments. The name? Accurate. Stunning? We shall see. Tremestieri Etneo? Pray you can pronounce it before you book. (It's not a dealbreaker, relax). My expectations were high, and, well, let's just say it’s a rollercoaster.
Arrival & First Impressions: The Accessibility Angle (because, you know, life)
Okay, so accessibility. I'll be honest, it's not my primary concern as a perfectly able-bodied (and rather clumsy) traveler. But I always look out for it -- it's just the right thing to do. I can tell you there ARE facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, always a win. But the real test, as far as I could see without a dedicated investigation, would be how easily one could get around the sprawling property. Getting to the pool with a view, the restaurant, that kind of thing. It looked manageable from what I saw, but I'd need an expert to really weigh in. The car park [on-site] is a definite plus. Airport transfer is available, and that, my friends, is priceless after a long flight.
Cleanliness and Safety: The "Are We Surviving This?" Edition
Alright, 2023. The pandemic is… well, it's still there, isn't it? Ottomood seems to have taken it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Room sanitization between stays? Yep. Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. The place felt clean, which, frankly, is a huge relief. The staff wore masks (at least when I was there) and seemed genuinely invested in keeping things safe. They had the Hygiene certification, which soothed my perpetually anxious lizard brain. They even had Individually-wrapped food options – a mixed blessing. Sure, it's safe, but it's also a pain to unwrap ten tiny containers of jam.
The Rooms: Where the Magic (and the Mini-Bar) Happens
Okay, the rooms. This is where Ottomood really shines. I stayed in an apartment and oh, boy, was it dreamy.
- Available in all rooms: Let's start with the basics. Air conditioning! Thank you, sweet Sicilian gods. A desk for procrastinating on work (or pretending to). Free Wi-Fi is a non-negotiable, and it worked like a charm. The Air-Conditioning was a Godsend.
- And then we get into the good stuff: The non-smoking was fine, a little boring to be honest. The mini bar was a glorious temptation I mostly resisted. Did I take advantage of the complimentary tea? You bet your bottom dollar. The coffee/tea maker made me feel fancy. A desk and laptop workspace were a great touch. Private bathroom? Obviously! The shower was glorious, and the hairdryer was actually powerful.
- Let's go deeper, shall we? The seating area was perfect for sipping wine… or dramatically staring out the window. Balcony? Essential for that, "I'm on vacation and don't care about a thing" vibe.
- The imperfections: Ok, so the soundproofing was slightly suspect. Maybe a crying baby next door or a loud couple's disagreement down the hall was the price to pay, but those things do happen.
- In-room safe box? Yes. Alarm clock? Yes. Satellite/cable channels? Yes. Towels? Glorious, fluffy towels. Thank you Ottomood.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and Maybe a Hangover)
The food situation at Ottomood is… complicated. There's a restaurant, several restaurants, and a poolside bar, but the key is: availability.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The first morning I was convinced I’d died and gone to breakfast heaven. Breakfast [buffet] was an absolute feast. The Asian breakfast? Didn't see it myself, but maybe I missed it or it was a different day. The Western breakfast was plentiful and very good. All the essentials were there. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was a godsend.
- Lunch/Dinner: A la carte in restaurant? Yes. Buffet in restaurant again? Sometimes. International cuisine in restaurant? Also yes. Vegetarian restaurant? Not sure. Happy hour? A must-do.
- Snacking: A Snack bar is a great option for a quick bite.
Things to do and Ways to Relax: The Ultimate Chill Zone (Almost)
This is where Ottomood really pulls out the stops.
- Pool Time: The swimming pool is gorgeous, and the pool with a view is even better. This is where you forget all the worries.
- Spa Day Dreams: The spa, sauna, and steamroom were all top-notch. The massage was out for me -- a bit too pricey, but the girls in the spa were lovely.
- Health & Fitness: The gym/fitness center looked pretty impressive, as did the fitness center, But I didn't use it. Just wasn't in the cards.
- Relaxation: I didn’t get a body scrub or a body wrap, darn it, but maybe next time.
Services and Conveniences: The Perks You Didn't Know You Needed
- Absolutely essential: Concierge, daily housekeeping, and laundry service.
- The "nice to have" extras: Convenience store, gift/souvenir shop, luggage storage, and currency exchange. A doorman, bless him, always ready with a smile.
For the Kids: Family Friendly?
I didn't travel with kids, but the presence of babysitting service, family/child friendly policies, and kids facilities would definitely be a major plus.
Getting Around: Freedom!
- Free Car Park: The car park [free of charge] is a huge benefit, especially if you're renting a car to explore the region. A taxi service is always available, and the airport transfer is a lifesaver.
The "I'm Being Honest" Section (aka The Gripes)
- The occasional wobble: Look, no place is perfect. The service could be a tiny bit slow at times, and a couple of details were slightly off. But none of this was a deal-breaker.
- Internet: The Wi-Fi was generally good, but I did experience a few hiccups. In this day and age of constant connectivity, that can feel almost unbearable.
My Verdict: Should You Book This?
Absolutely, with a few caveats. If you need a luxurious escape with top-notch amenities, incredible views, and a great base for exploring Sicily, then hit that book now button.
Here's the Hook: The "Ottomood Escape" Offer
"Escape to Sicily with Ottomood: Your Dream Italian Getaway!"
What You Get:
- Luxurious Stay: Unwind in stylish rooms and apartments with private balconies and stunning views.
- Unforgettable Experiences: Indulge in the spa. Sip cocktails at the poolside bar. Experience the best Sicilian hospitality.
- Absolute Convenience: Free parking, airport transfers.
But Wait, There's More! Book within the next 24 hours and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of local Sicilian wine on arrival.
- 10% off Spa treatment
- Free upgrade to a Superior Room (subject to availability).
Don't miss out on your perfect Sicilian escape! Book your stay at Ottomood now!
I did the best I could while following all of your parameters, and even adding in some extra details that might make this a great piece.
Escape to Germany's Enchanting Black Forest: Landgasthof Am Teufelstisch Awaits!
Ottomood & Me: A Tremestieri Etneo Tale (Probably Involving Too Much Pasta)
Alright, so Ottomood. Sounds promising, doesn't it? Pictures of sun-drenched balconies overlooking… well, hopefully not just the next-door neighbor's laundry pile. Let's see if the reality lives up to the glossy brochure. And honestly? I'm hoping for a little bit of chaos. Perfect trips are BORING.
Day 1: Arrival & "Ciao Italia!" (Translated Roughly: "Help, My Luggage is Where?")
- Morning (or… sometime after a frantic coffee overdose at Catania airport): Flight was… well, it was a flight. You know the drill: elbowing for overhead bin space, questionable airplane food that I, of course, still ate, and the silent prayer that the toddler behind me wouldn't unleash a vocal symphony of epic proportions. Success! Though, my suitcase decided to go on a solo adventure somewhere between Heathrow and Catania. Fantastic. Cue the frantic luggage claim form and the internal monologue of “Did I pack enough underwear?!”.
- Afternoon: Land Legs & Lost Luggage… and Wine! Finally! We (me and my increasingly irritable self) snagged a taxi and trundled up the winding road to Tremestieri Etneo. Ottomood, a vision in pastel hues and promised tranquility, emerged from the haze. First impressions? Charming. Really charming. The staff, bless their hearts, were ridiculously friendly. And the view… oh my god, the view. Volcano Etna, majestic and smoky, dominated the horizon. Okay, maybe I'll survive suitcase-less.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Settling in – which is code for desperately unpacking the essentials from my carry-on. Toothbrush? Check. Spare socks? Double-check. A generous pour of the local red to ease the luggage-related existential dread? Triple-check. Seriously, this wine… it's like a hug in a glass. Delicious. Also, tried to order dinner. My Italian vocabulary is… limited. Let's just say I ended up with something vaguely resembling what I wanted, and a lot of confused smiles. But hey, the pasta was amazing. Forget the suitcase, I'll just live off carbs and sunshine!
Day 2: Exploring The Neighborhood & The Case of The Missing Gelato
- Morning: Woke up to the sound of church bells and the faint aroma of… something delicious. Coffee and a plate of fresh fruit on the balcony. This is the life. Honestly, the sheer peace of it all almost made me forget my luggage woes. Almost.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Town Trek: Wandered into the village. Cobblestone streets, laundry flapping in the breeze… total postcard material. Tried to buy some local biscotti (because, you know, carbs). Ended up in a lively conversation with a very enthusiastic old woman who, despite my utterly butchered Italian, clearly understood my need for something sweet and delicious. (Turns out, she was pushing her own daughter's shop, but what a great gal she was). Picked up a pack and was promptly hit with a serious case of the "I'm not traveling light" syndrome.
- Afternoon: The Gelato Debacle: Spotted a gelato shop. Heaven. Queued up, sweating in the Sicilian sun, already visualizing the creamy, pistachio-y goodness. Got to the front, only to discover… they were out of pistachio. Devastation. Settled for something vaguely resembling "almond", which, frankly, tasted closer to "sad". This is where things started unraveling a bit. The search for the perfect gelato continued and my personal mission had begun.
- Evening: Dinner at a little trattoria. This time, armed with a phrasebook and (slightly) more confidence. Managed to order… well, let's say I definitely ordered something edible. A delicious spaghetti carbonara emerged… with a few extra ingredients I hadn't intended, but it wasn't bad. Plus, this time, I remembered to order water! Success!
Day 3: Etna's Embrace & The Great Sock Crisis
- Morning: Decided to be ambitious – a trip up Mount Etna! Booked a tour. The ride up was… bumpy. And the whole volcano thing is still very much active, so don't go expecting a leisurely stroll. But the views. Oh. My. God. The views. It felt like walking on another planet. Black, volcanic sand, the sheer scale of it all… breathtaking. Literally. The air gets thin up there.
- Afternoon: The Aftermath: Back at Ottomood, showered the volcanic dust off, and, you know, actually considered going to the pool, where this time my luggage may have been found… but I was too preoccupied with another crisis. The Sock Inventory. My travel socks were gone. Vanished! (I swear I saw a sock fairy in the laundry room). So, after a frantic search, I ended up wearing mismatched shoes. "Fashion" is my middle name (not really).
- Evening: Found a little pizzeria, hidden down a side street. The pizza was divine. Thin crust, fresh mozzarella… the perfect ending to a day of volcanic adventures and sock-related trauma. Maybe that lost luggage thing isn't so bad after all.
Day 4: The Search for the Perfect Granita
- Morning Woke to the same stunning view of Etna, this time with a fresh energy for the day. Decided to devote the day to finding the perfect granita. This was my new life's quest. First stop, a small cafe in the center, and ordered lemon granita. It was good, but not great.
- Afternoon Went on a road trip to see if i could find anything better than the last granitas. It took a while but finally, the perfect granita… I can't even describe the taste. It was a total explosion of flavour in my mouth.
- Evening Back at the B&B and reflected with a drink in the balcony.
Day 5: Farewell… For Now, Italy! (And Hopefully, My Suitcase)
- Morning: Packing (mostly spare clothes). Breakfast on the balcony. One last look at Etna. Definitely going to miss this view. This place. (And let's be honest, the cheap carbs.)
- Afternoon: Check-out. Said a fond farewell to the amazing staff. Taxi to Catania airport. Luggage… (drumroll)… still missing. But hey, I’ve got memories, a tan, and a newfound appreciation for mismatched socks. Italy, you beautiful, chaotic, carb-filled mistress, I’ll be back. (And maybe, just maybe, my suitcase will be too.)
Final Thoughts:
Ottomood? Highly recommended. Tremestieri Etneo? A hidden gem. The food? Magnifico. The chaos? Essential. The lost luggage? Meh. Part of the adventure. See ya later, Italy! (And seriously, if anyone finds a slightly worn suitcase with a slightly stressed traveler's name on it… let me know!)
South Korea's Hidden Gem: Hotel Laglas Asan Branch — Unbelievable!
Escape to Sicily: Ottomood's - Uh, Let's Talk About Tremestieri Etneo! FAQs (Because I Need a Vacation!)
Okay, so you're thinking about Ottomood, that B&B/Apartment situation in Tremestieri Etneo, Sicily? Smart move! Sicily is basically a real-life postcard. But before you go booking, let's be honest, there’s LIFE, and then there's the *idea* of life. I've been there. I've sweated, I've laughed, I've probably cried over a rogue gelato that melted before I could eat it. So, here’s the real down-and-dirty: Ottomood and Tremestieri, FAQ style, with a healthy dose of opinion.
Where exactly is Ottomood? And is Tremestieri Etneo even a REAL place? (Asking for a friend... who is me.)
YES, Tremestieri Etneo is REAL. It’s nestled on the slopes of Mount Etna, which, let me tell you, is an experience in itself. (More on Etna later… OH, Etna! I almost got lost in a volcano… but I'm getting ahead of myself!) Ottomood is probably a 20-30 minute drive from Catania airport, pending traffic. And trust me, Sicilian traffic is a beast. Consider yourself warned. It's a bit 'off the beaten path,' which is actually kind of *fantastic*. Less crowds. More…authenticity? Let's just say "less Instagram-filtered tourists." I did get turned around a few times getting there, I'll admit. Those winding streets are a *doozy*! But hey, adventures, right? Or, you know, a mildly panicky search for a gas station during a sudden downpour…
What's the vibe at Ottomood? Is it all sun-drenched perfection, or is there, you know, *life*?
Okay, full disclosure: I'm not a flawless person. You know that. Ottomood? It's got a definite "charming" vibe. Think: exposed stone walls, maybe some bougainvillea cascading down somewhere. (Bougainvillea is my JAM, by the way - I need to get some of that back home!) It's not some sterile, cookie-cutter hotel. It felt more like you were staying in someone’s (very stylish) Sicilian home. They've clearly put some love into the place. The owners... I'm not even sure who they are (I think I met them in a haze of jetlag and espresso). And you can *feel* it. It's not pristine, it's not perfect, you can *feel* the history in the walls. The courtyard is lovely, perfect for sipping wine.
What are the rooms/apartments like? Do they have *air conditioning*? (Crucial question!) And are the beds comfortable, or am I going to be counting sheep powered by back pain?
Air conditioning? THANK GOD, YES! Sicily in summer is HOT. Like, "melt your gelato before you can eat it" hot. The rooms/apartments all have a certain *je ne sais quoi* of charm. Seriously, it’s like they’ve designed them specifically with Instagram photos in mind. Which, frankly, is a plus for me! (Don’t judge). As for the beds... I slept GREAT. I mean, REALLY great. I think it was a combination of the fresh air, the wine, the food coma... but the beds are a high point. You'll wake up feeling refreshed! Not all places are like that, trust me. I once slept on a lumpy mattress in Prague that felt like a medieval torture device. So, yeah, Ottomood gets a gold star for sleep quality.
Is the breakfast any good? Because a bad breakfast can ruin a whole vacation (or at least a morning).
Breakfast? Oh. My. God. Forget the lumpy oatmeal you might be used to. Think: fresh fruit, pastries that are still warm from the oven, delicious coffee, and often, local cheeses and meats. I'm drooling just thinking about it. I'm not a "big breakfast" person usually, but I was inhaling everything at Ottomood. It's *that* good. It's outside, under the shade of a lemon tree maybe? I remember one morning, getting slightly tipsy from all the cappuccinos, and the staff (who are, let's be honest, mostly lovely, helpful people.) just kept refilling it. It felt like living in a rom-com. A very delicious rom-com.
What is there to *do* around Tremestieri Etneo? I'm not just going to sit in my room all day... am I? (Okay, maybe I will, but *hypothetically*…)
Okay, so Tremestieri itself is a quiet town. Don't expect wild nightlife. Embrace the slower pace. But the location is fantastic for exploring. Etna is RIGHT there. (Seriously, you can't ignore it. It looms majestically… or menacingly, depending on your mood). You can do hikes on Etna. Absolutely. Just. Do. It. (But be careful! The terrain is… uneven). You can rent a car and explore picturesque villages like Taormina, which is touristy but *gorgeous*, Syracuse, and Catania. (Catania's a gritty, vibrant city - I *loved* it). The beaches are a drive away, but worth it. And don't forget to eat. Seriously, the food throughout Sicily is to die for. I’m pretty sure I gained five pounds just *thinking* about the pasta and pizza. So, yes, you have plenty to do! But also… it's perfectly acceptable to sit by the pool and read a book. I did that too, and it was glorious.
Car Rental Advice? (Because I nearly died on those roads!)
Okay. Car rentals in Sicily. Listen up, folks. If you're not a confident driver, maybe reconsider. The roads can be… intense. Narrow, winding, drivers who think they're in a Formula 1 race. The GPS seems to have a vendetta against you. I'm a pretty good driver, but I had a few moments involving loud yelling and the word "merda." So, rent a small car. Something easy to maneuver. And get the FULL insurance. Trust me. You'll thank me later. And download offline maps! Seriously. You'll need them. Also, the parking spots are a suggestion more than a rule. Embrace the chaos. Or… just hire a taxi. I might do that next time. Especially for that drive back from Taormina. Those roads, I swear… They are terrifying!
What's the REAL deal? What should I watch out for? (Besides the Sicilian drivers...)
Okay, honest thoughts. Ottomood is perfect? No.Snooze And Stay

