
InterContinental San Diego: Oceanfront Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the shimmering, sun-drenched world of the InterContinental San Diego: Oceanfront Luxury Awaits! Now, I'm not gonna lie, hotels can be a crapshoot. You're hoping for a smooth escape, but sometimes you get… well, let’s just say you get a story. But after spending a week in San Diego, I'm ready to give you my raw, unvarnished take. And let me tell you - this place delivered.
First Impressions & Accessibility (or, the "How Do You Get In Here?!?" Moment)
Getting there was thankfully a breeze. The airport transfer (which they happily arranged) whisked me away from the airport. It was smooth, comfortable, and a great way to start a vacation. And speaking of smooth… yes, this hotel scores big points for accessibility. Elevators, ramps, the works. They've thought about it. This isn't always the case, and it made a HUGE difference knowing everyone could enjoy all this place has to offer.
The Rooms… My Own Little Ocean-Facing Fortress!
Okay, let's talk rooms. I snagged a room with a window that opens – bliss! And what a view! Oceanfront truly means oceanfront here. I spent a solid hour just staring out the window, letting the salty air and the soundproofing (yes! thank you, Intercon!) lull me into a sense of complete serenity. You get the basics covered: air conditioning, a refrigerator for those late-night snacks, a safe box to stash your valuables, and a damn comfortable extra long bed. The bathtub was luxurious, and I loved the walk-in shower with the powerful water pressure. Pure. Relaxation. They also provide bathrobes and slippers. I lived in those.
It wasn’t all perfect, however. The first night, I couldn't figure out the TV! (Okay, maybe it was me, post-martini…) But, the staff was super helpful when I called, and fixed everything in minutes.
Cleanliness & Safety – The "Are We Actually Safe?" Checklist
This is HUGE, especially these days. The InterContinental slays in this department. Everything felt sparkling clean. Seeing the anti-viral cleaning products, the daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff in masks made me feel at ease. Plus, they offer room sanitization opt-out, which is a great way to tailor your stay to your needs. The staff were trained in safety protocol, and there's hand sanitizer everywhere you look. Just knowing they're prioritizing safety is a relief, you know?
Dining, Drinking & Snacking - My Stomach's Opinion
Okay, foodie time! Let's face it, hotel food can be… hit or miss. But, the InterContinental San Diego has some winners. They have multiple restaurants, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop.
Here’s where things get a little… stream-of-consciousness.
- The Asian breakfast was good. Not the best I've had, but still a solid start to the day.
- Their buffet in the restaurant has a great variety. There's a place for just about everyone.
- I loved the bar and happy hour. The bartenders are fantastic! And the cocktails? Chef's kiss.
- One late night I'm glad for room service [24-hour] and the bottle of water. A lifesaver after a big night out.
Things To Do & Ways to Relax… My Happy Place
Okay, this is where the InterContinental San Diego really shines. I spent hours in the pool with a view. Pure bliss! The gym/fitness center is well-equipped, and I even tried the sauna. The spa/sauna was a great way to melt away any remaining stress. Although, I didn't get around to the body scrub or body wrap. Maybe next time!
Services & Conveniences – They Thought of Everything!
From the concierge (who was a lifesaver with restaurant recommendations), to the daily housekeeping (my room was always spotless!), to the super-fast Wi-Fi that always worked. They nailed the little things. They even have a convenience store for those last-minute needs.
For the Kids – Family Friendly Fun
While I didn't have any kids with me, I noticed they really cater to families. They have babysitting service, kids meal, and a generally welcoming vibe.
Getting Around – The "I'm Not Lost… Yet" Department
They offer airport transfer, car park [free of charge], and taxi service. Very handy! Although San Diego is pretty walk-able, I'd recommend a car for some of the further attractions.
In Conclusion: Why You NEED to Book This Hotel
Look, I'm not going to sugarcoat it: the InterContinental San Diego isn't cheap. But, damn, is it worth it. This isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. Ocean views that take your breath away, top-notch service, and a commitment to safety that's truly reassuring. It's a place where you can truly relax and feel pampered.
Here’s my REAL deal offer:
"Escape to San Diego's Shores: Unwind in Oceanfront Luxury at the InterContinental!
Book your stay now and receive:
- Complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View room (based on availability) for stays of 3+ nights.
- A $50 dining credit to enjoy at one of our on-site restaurants or the pool bar.
- Early check-in and late check-out based on availability, so you can maximize your relaxation time.
- Access to our health club with free membership.
Click here to book your Oceanfront Escape! (link to the hotel booking page)
Why book NOW? San Diego is always a good time to visit. Plus, you deserve this getaway! Don’t hesitate! Oceanfront Luxury Awaits!
Unbelievable! This Palanpor Hotel Will SHOCK You! (Super Collection O)
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your boring, pre-packaged itinerary. This is me, about to wrestle with the glorious, chaotic beast that is a weekend at the InterContinental San Diego. Let's see if I survive this… and if I can actually remember it all!
Friday: Arrival and the Great Room Debacle (Mostly, Thankfully, Not)
2:00 PM - Arrival & Check-In (The Reality Check): Alright, San Diego, here I come! Landed at the airport (dodged the luggage-carousel-of-doom, thank you universe!) and hopped in a surprisingly clean Uber. Now, to face the front desk.
- Anecdote: My first thought upon entering the InterContinental? "Wow, this lobby is HUGE." My second? "Where's the bathrobe?" (Priorities, people, priorities!) Check-in was… fine. Efficient, bordering on robotic. The view from the room? Spectacular, city and bay vista. I practically squeaked with joy. That room-service menu also nearly triggered a happy dance.
- Imperfection: The initial room was missing… well, a lot. No bathrobe. Minimal coffee supplies. The mini-bar was like a blank canvas of potential disappointment (I'm a snacker, so this felt like a personal affront). A quick call to the front desk, and… redemption! They were SUPER apologetic, and the robe and coffee situation were swiftly rectified. Crisis averted. (Phew.)
3:00 PM - Exploring the Hotel (and Judging Everything):
- Quirky Observation: Okay, the elevator music? It's a crime against music. Seriously, it's worse than elevator music at a dentist's office. But, the hotel itself? Pretty slick. Modern art pieces that I think I understood (maybe). The pool looked inviting, although the bikini situation I packed looked highly questionable.
- Emotional Reaction: The sheer size of this place is overwhelming. Where did all these people come from? Am I overdressed? Underdressed? Should I be smiling more? UGH. My social anxiety is having a field day.
4:00 PM - Unpacking/Room-Wandering/Staring out the Window:
- Rambling: I should probably unpack. But, the sun is gorgeous, and… wait, is that a balcony? Oh, I AM unpacking. Later. Probably. Right now, I'm just… breathing. That deep breath in is me trying to embrace the fact that I can see the ocean. I can handle California, right? Right?!
- Opinionated Language: I'm usually a budget traveler, so this level of luxury is… unnerving. I have a feeling I'm going to accidentally break something expensive. And I can't decide if I appreciate the overindulgence.
6:00 PM - Dinner at "Vistal" Restaurant:
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Okay. Dinner was… a rollercoaster. The view, again, breathtaking. The food? Mostly excellent. The waiter? Bless his heart but he was struggling (very sweet fellow indeed, I tipped him extra). The sea bass? I dream of it. The wine? Glorious. The bill? Made me swallow hard.
- Messier Structure: The restaurant felt a bit stiff at first. Then the sun started going down, and it was a stunning view. Then, the waiter, bless his soul, totally blanked on our order. He was obviously new. We finally got our food… and it was SO GOOD, actually. Worth the wait, but the stress of ordering with an audience was quite something.
8:00 PM - Drinks at the Lobby Bar (and People-Watching Nirvana):
- Doubling Down: The lobby bar is where it's at. The mixologists are wizards. The cocktails are works of art and the most fabulous. This is where I'll definitely spend any future time. Maybe I'll become one of those people who knows the bartender's name?
- Stream-of-Consciousness: Okay, so I'm drinking a very expensive cocktail, watching the parade of people in the lobby. Beautiful people. Confident people. Slightly overdressed people. I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Do I belong here? Wait, is that George Clooney? (Probably not.) I'm definitely still getting used to this luxury lark. I'm going to get another cocktail. And maybe some more people-watching. And some olives.
Saturday: Sun, Sea, and… Shopping (and a bit more overindulgence)
9:00 AM - Breakfast in the Room (Hallelujah for Room Service):
- Funny and Honest: Okay, I'm not a morning person. So, room service? Glorious. Fluffy omelet, fresh fruit, strong coffee… this might be how I want to live my life. I may never leave this room. Except, I must leave to keep this going…
- Opinionated Language: The eggs were perfectly cooked - I am officially a fan of room service breakfasts for the rest of my life.
10:00 AM - Poolside Relaxation (and Sunburn Avoidance!):
- Messy and Imperfect: Sunscreen. Sunscreen. SUNCREEN. I swear, I put it on. But I'm still getting a little pink. The pool is crowded, but I found a lounge chair, and I am determined to enjoy this. Or at least to not burst into flames.
12:00 PM - Exploring the Embarcadero (and Getting a little lost):
- Quirky Observation: The Embarcadero is delightful. The smell of the ocean, the sea lions barking (they're WAY louder than you think!), all the boats… it's lovely. I'm still not entirely convinced I know where I'm going, but hey, I'm having fun.
- Emotional Reaction: Oh, my god, sea lions! I am obsessed. They're so fat and grumpy and hilarious! Just watching them is worth the trip.
2:00 PM - Lunch at a Random Cafe (The Joy of Discovery):
- Rambling: Walked, walked, walked. Saw something interesting! Had a sandwich in the cutest little place. I'm not sure where I am, but I'm okay with it. I bought a local pastry. This is what it's all about, right?
- Opinionated Language: Honestly the best coffee I have had in years.
3:00 PM - Shopping in Little Italy (Buyer’s Remorse Begins):
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Little Italy! Oh, my god, Little Italy. I want to buy EVERYTHING. Jewelry, candles, clothes, oh my. My credit card is screaming.
- Messier Structure: I bought a scarf I don’t need. A necklace I might wear once. And way too much pasta. I feel fantastic and broke. What have I done with my money?
6:00 PM - Dinner at "Garibaldi" Italian Restaurant:
- Doubling Down: I am determined to enjoy this and not think about the size of the bill. The pasta with the pesto!! The view of the bay! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
- Stream-of-Consciousness: Oh, wow. This pasta is ridiculously good. I may just eat the entire menu. And wine! Must have more wine. I can't stop smiling. I am in love with this city. I love the waiters, I love the food…
8:00 PM - Evening Stroll Along the Waterfront (and the bittersweet feeling of time passing):
- Funny and Honest: Another stroll. More sunshine. Oh, man, I'm going to miss this. The hotel feels like a dream right now. Tomorrow is looming.
- Quirky Observation: Why are those people wearing so many jackets? Is it suddenly cold? No, must be me. Sun down, time to get some real rest.
Sunday: Departure and the Afterglow
9:00 AM - More Room-Service Breakfast (Because, Why Not?):
- Messy and Imperfect: The best decision ever. Again, it's the little things, right?
10:00 AM - Final Dip in the Pool (and the realization it’s almost over):
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: A final dip in the pool. The water is perfect, the sun is warm, and I… don't want to leave.
- Opinionated Language: I should move here.
12:00 PM - Check-Out (And the inevitable sadness):
- Funny and Honest: Checked out. The lobby, again, is a whirlwind. I swear, the bellhop wink

Okay, spill it: Is the InterContinental San Diego really as fancy as it looks in those photos?
Listen, okay? The photos? They're *gorgeous*. Like, magazine-cover gorgeous. And yes, the lobby *is* breathtaking with that giant, swirling art piece. I walked in, jaw officially dropped. But then, I spilled a damn latte on my brand-new, slightly too-tight-but-oh-so-stylish white pants. So, realism check: Yes, it's fancy. But real life? It's messy. (And yes, the staff was super helpful about the latte incident, bless their hearts. They handled it with grace and tiny, discreet eye rolls. I get it.)
Is the ocean view worth the extra money? I mean, REALLY worth it?
Alright, so here's the deal. The ocean view? *Magnificent*. Absolutely, positively, "waking up with the sun bouncing off the waves and feeling like you've somehow achieved enlightenment" level magnificent. I got a room on a higher floor and honestly, it was… well, it was almost too good. I spent an embarrassing amount of time just staring out the window, ignoring my emails, and contemplating the vastness of the Pacific. Okay, maybe I even cried a little. Don't judge. If you're going for a special occasion, or just need a serious dose of "escape the everyday," then YES. Splurge. You won't regret it. (But maybe bring tissues. Just in case). But honestly, if your budget is tight, maybe consider a partial view. Still probably awesome.
What's the deal with the pools? Are they as Instagrammable as they seem?
Look, I'm going to be honest. I'm a pool snob. I expect perfection. And the InterContinental's pools? Pretty darn close. There are actually a few, and they're all beautifully designed. The main one overlooking the bay is definitely the star. Yes, it's Instagrammable. Very. (I may or may not have taken, like, a hundred photos.) The cocktails are good, the towels are fluffy, and the vibe is chill. Though, I did see one guy hogging a prime lounger with a mountain of towels and a half-eaten book. Seriously, people! Share the sunshine! Anyway, the pools are great. Go early to get a good spot! Trust me.
Let's talk food. Is the restaurant as impressive as the rest of the hotel?
Okay, the restaurant? Is it worth it? Answer: It depends. I had a truly *amazing* meal one night. Like, the kind of meal you dream about for weeks afterward. The seafood was fresh, the presentation impeccable, and the service... flawless. Seriously, the waiter anticipated my every need before I even knew I had them. (Pro-tip: Order the scallops. Just trust me.) The next night? I was a bit let down. Different chef, maybe? The quality was still good, but something was missing. A little… zest? A little *oomph*? So, it's not a guaranteed home run every single time. But the potential is definitely there, and the setting is gorgeous. Plus, their breakfast buffet? Worth every penny. Just... be prepared for the possibility of some inconsistency. It's still a top-notch experience, overall.
How's the location? Is it actually walkable to cool stuff?
Yes! Gloriously, fantastically walkable! It's right on the Embarcadero, which is a huge win. You can stroll along the water, check out the USS Midway Museum (which I didn't, because…crowds. But you *could*!), grab some gelato, and soak up all the San Diego vibes. Little Italy is also within walking distance, which means *pasta* and *pizza* and all the deliciousness your heart desires. I walked almost everywhere. My dogs were *killing* me, but worth it! The only thing is, be prepared for the occasional group of very enthusiastic tourists. But hey, you're a tourist, too! Embrace the chaos!
What about parking? Is it a nightmare?
Okay, parking. Let's be real. Parking at *any* nice hotel in a city is usually a pain. It's valet-only, which is standard. It's expensive, but expected. The valets, however, were efficient and friendly. Never had to wait too long for my car. But, if I'm honest? I walked everywhere. I think it's just less hassle. But if you have a car, be prepared. Just factor it into your budget. And don't forget to tip! (I usually, forget to tip; then feel like a total jerk. Learn from me!)
Is it kid-friendly?
Hmm, okay. This is where I get a bit... conflicted. They *say* it's kid-friendly. And the staff is certainly polite to kids. But the overall vibe of the hotel is very... luxury. Very "refined." So, while a well-behaved child would be fine, I can't imagine it's the *ideal* place for, say, a toddler who enjoys screaming at the top of their lungs (which, let's be honest, is most toddlers at some point). Personally, I'd say it's more suited for families with older kids who can appreciate the finer things. If you're traveling with a baby or a very small child, you might want to consider another option. (Unless, you’re happy to spend a fortune on a babysitter and enjoy your trip as a couple. Which actually, is a fantastic idea.)
What's the overall feeling of the hotel? Is it…stuffy?
Definitely NOT stuffy. Surprisingly! I was expecting to feel like I had to walk around with a teacup and a pinky raised. But it really isn't. It's luxurious, yes, but also surprisingly relaxed. The staff is friendly and helpful, not overly formal. The vibe is upscale, but not pretentious. People are generally there to have a good time. I saw everything from couples on romantic getaways to groups of friends celebrating something. I even saw one guy in a Hawaiian shirt (bless him). So, while it's certainly a step up from a budget motel, it doesn't feel stuffy. It feels…well, perfect, really. It's a place to feel special, but not awkward. Okay, maybe a tiny bit awkward if you spill your latte. But even then, they make you feel better.
Okay, bottom line: Would you go back?
Absolutely. One hundred percent, without aRoaming Hotels

